Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we too big and slow with Sturt in the team? Assuming Voss comes in for Amiss that's 3 genuine talls in Voss, Jackson, Treacy + Sturt and Banfield who are 189cm. If they're not taking marks and kicking goals the opposition HBF will have a field day.

Sturt is one or the quickest on our list, he may have his limitations but slow isn’t one of them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm very keen to see Simpson, not sure about Voss though. It's dire if we think debutants will make any difference. Apart from R1, more than 1 debut in any game would be pretty cavalier by a match committee.

Liking the idea of Walters to sub.

Always been a big fan of Aish, but I have NFI what was wrong with him. I'm kinda hoping news comes out that flu/gastro swept through the club pre-game...

If we drop Erasmus you may as well just trade him off at end of the year.

He wasn't great but it was first full game of the season.

Being sub is doing him a disservice either back the kid for a 4-5 week block and see how he goes.

Or stop wasting his time giving him 20 mins.

We haven't given him an extended run or backed him in like some plodders we have backed in.

I’m not a fan of his - just don’t see it with him (yet) but right now, his individual performance is not his fault.
He’s being played out of position, I think he’ll end up a bullocking mid, he just doesn’t have the craft for a HFF which is where he’s being played atm.

need goalkickers. Shut we’d have beaten both Port & Carlton if we had Waterman. Get a bloody KPF in, Voss has to come in

I'm very keen to see Simpson, not sure about Voss though. It's dire if we think debutants will make any difference. Apart from R1, more than 1 debut in any game would be pretty cavalier by a match committee.

Always been a big fan of Aish, but I have NFI what was wrong with him. I'm kinda hoping news comes out that flu/gastro swept through the club pre-game...

If Wagner comes in nd has 10 attaching kicks only but does them at 90% were miles in front of Aish.

Likewise dumping Omeara

We are not replacing 30 attacking possessions with high DE. We’re replacing 15 with 5 missed tackles.

The bar for the debutants to improve us is quite low tbh.

The only thing I worry about is fatigue

Sturt is one or the quickest on our list, he may have his limitations but slow isn’t one of them

Yeah except he doesn't *ing use it. He has all the physical attributes to dominate but prefers to cruise each game. You take Emmett's attack on the contest and place it in Sturt and you've got yourself a player.

Banfield back to the wing. In a world where JL would swing the axe I think these should be the changes.

Ins: Chapman, Worner, Voss, Stanley, Simpson
Outs: Hughes, Aish, Amiss (protocol), Omeara, Walters (rest)

If Brodie isn't selected this week I'd have to say I've lost all faith in the coaching and selection committee - it'd be a whole new level of 'Ross Lyon stubbornness selecting Suban every single week without fail'

What would be worse, Brodie missing out or Taberner getting Amiss spot?

It is more like diarrhea...a lot of boys s**** themselves...

There was an article in The West a day or 2 ago on Voss.

WAFL: Peel Thunder and Fremantle Dockers forward Patrick Voss says tackling pressure sets him apart

That's what we need, a Treacy clone over Taberner.

He's not currently AFL standard. 9 possessions, 2 free kicks against and doesn't use the ball well after a horrendous quarter as sub against Port.

If things go pear shaped and we can't make the 8 then bring him in but while we still have finals aspirations we have to pick a team to win. Select a more dynamic player as sub and let Erasmus play 3 or 4 full games at Peel before being considered again.

I'd take a pick in the 30's for him tomorrow.

The reason why Johnson is getting a good go at it and Eramus isn’t is because Johnson has shown glimpses of what will be a very good player. His speed out of stoppage, some good marks, some good goals, the way he moves across the ground, some good run down tackles, side steps and even some good kicks. Eramus in his 20 odd games hasn’t shown any of that and until he does, I’ll still have my doubts. I don’t expect him to get 20+ but I just want to see him do something special that convinces me he is up to the level. I hope he succeeds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone with any bottle would "manage" Sonny and give Simpson a debut.
Freddy and Switta for Sturt & Emmett.

I'm also on the bandwagon of Brodie to inside, Brayshaw to wing and O'Meara to Peel.
Bring Stanley in and rotate Sharp, Brayshaw and Stanley on the wings.

God I'd love to see that.

Who goes out for Stanley? Sharp…??

The reason why Johnson is getting a good go at it and Eramus isn’t is because Johnson has shown glimpses of what will be a very good player. His speed out of stoppage, some good marks, some good goals, the way he moves across the ground, some good run down tackles, side steps and even some good kicks. Eramus in his 20 odd games hasn’t shown any of that and until he does, I’ll still have my doubts. I don’t expect him to get 20+ but I just want to see him do something special that convinces me he is up to the level. I hope he succeeds

Johnson has shown glimpses...very small glimpses.
If they had played the same amount of minutes over the duration I'd almost put money on Erasmus being ahead.
Can you imaging the sook Johnson would have had if he was the sub as many times as Erasmus?

Everyone seems impressed by whatever Voss has done at Peel. I just haven't seen it but would love opinions. I think Taberner will get selected before him which no doubt will cause this board to meltdown but Treacy and Jacko need someone to draw the best defender, just can't see Voss doing that.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah except he doesn't *ing use it. He has all the physical attributes to dominate but prefers to cruise each game. You take Emmett's attack on the contest and place it in Sturt and you've got yourself a player.

I agree he effort is sh&)t but he isn’t slow, which the previous poster suggested

Johnson has shown glimpses...very small glimpses.
If they had played the same amount of minutes over the duration I'd almost put money on Erasmus being ahead.
Can you imaging the sook Johnson would have had if he was the sub as many times as Erasmus?

I’ve seen enough “minutes” from both of them to tell you who has the best potential. Clearly the coaches agree with me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back