Preview Changes v Carlton [Good Friday Superclash]

Remove this Banner Ad

We are a bit light in depth in the back line, and it was his first match back. He frustrates me at times, but he is a co captain in a line we need leadership.
Gos that was hard to type.
We might lack depth and/or leadership but is that really worth playing him if his poor form continues in games moving forward? It might backfire on us royally.

We might lack depth and/or leadership but is that really worth playing him if his poor form continues in games moving forward? It might backfire on us royally.
He’ll have to play a few weeks until we get there I guess. I hope, just like with Corr, he is underdone due to injury.
If it continues hard calls will be needed.

Out: Corr, CCJ, Stephens, Tucker and Lazz
In: Ford, Comben, Sellers, Greenwood and Phillips

B: McDonald, Comben, Dawson
HB: Sheezel, Pink, Fisher
C: McKercher, Wardlaw, Ford
HF: Durrsma, Sellers, Simpkin
F: Zurhaar, Larkey, Curtis
Foll: Xerri, Powell, LDU
Int: Scott, Greenwood, Phillips, Stephenson.
Sub: Stephens/Tucker

Out: McDonald, CCJ & Tucker.
In: Bergman, Sellers & Phillips.
Ford starts and Lazzaro is sub.

OUT: Stephens (That was dogshit) Stephenson (worst performance in a North jumper) CCJ (Please F*** OFF) McDonald (game has passed him by) Tucker (Absolute cat) Corr
IN: Greenwood, Shiels (had it 30 times in the VFL) Phillips (was 2nd best mid) Comben, Bergman (was 2nd best on ground in the VFL) Sellers (kicked 6)

B: Bergman Comben Dawson
HB: McKercher Pink Fisher
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Simpkin Sellers Durrsma
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Powell Shiels Phillips Greenwood
S: Lazzaro

Can anyone confirm if Bergman has a broken jaw?

Last edited:
Out
Steohens - vanilla as they come
Tucker - adds nothing
Ccj - can be goal umpire and he loves going for marks only to see it fly over his head.
Sleevo - to sub as has been woeful in both games.

In

Sellers , Bergman , Greenwood

Team

Corr pink sheez
Bergman Dawson fisher
Scott LDU Kerch
Jy Zurhaar BGZ
Sellers larkey Curtis
X PC warlord
Ford Lmac Greenwood Laz

Sub
Sleevo

Out: CCJ (Permanantly. Just shake hands with him and let him know hes not in the plans. He is absolutely woeful. Cut ties at the end of the season. Pay whatever it takes)
Stephens (Sydney have seen us coming here. Knew we were desperate, and they were happy to part with him. He's no better than any of our VFL Players.)
Tucker (See CCJ)
Ford (No room in forward line for many similar players)

In: George, Sellers, Bergman, Comben

B: Mcdonald Pink Dawson
HF: Sheezel Comben Fisher
C: Stephenson LDU Scott
HF: Duursma Sellers Simpkin
FO: Xerri Wardlaw Powell

INT: Lazzaro Mckercher George Corr
Sub: Bergman

OUT: Stephens (That was dogshit) Stephenson (worst performance in a North jumper) CCJ (Please F*** OFF) McDonald (game has passed him by) Tucker (Absolute cat) Lazzaro (doesnt have it)
IN: Greenwood, Shiels (had it 30 times in the VFL) Phillips (was 2nd best mid) Comben, Bergman (was 2nd best on ground in the VFL) Sellers (kicked 6)

B: Bergman Corr Dawson
HB: McKercher Pink Fisher
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Simpkin Comben Durrsma
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Greenwood Shiel Phillips Sellers
S: dont care

Can anyone confirm if Bergman has a broken jaw?
Poor Tommy. 28 and 2 and still can't break into the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who relief rucks if we rightfully boot CCJ? Less of an issue against Blues who basically only run with TDK? Greenwood for Laz would make sense but so dies getting in Sellers.

Structurally and based on form in the seniors and the VFL I would go with the following changes

1. Ford in for Sleevo (direct swap Sleevo as the sub vs the blues)

2. Sellers For CCJ (don’t worry about who will relief in the ruck. Surely marks and goals are more important).

3. WAP in for Lazzaro. Lazz had his 2 and now it’s time to see how Will goes. The blues pride themselves on clearance and contest. Right now I would think WAP gives us more in this matchup than Charlie.

4. Comben in for Tucker. Purely structural. Charlie plays forward and can pinch hit in the ruck. Also allows us to rotate Bull through the midfield without losing a marking target. I think we can live with whatever output we get from Comben vs Tuckers 14-15 ineffectual touches a game. Can also swing back if McKay and Charlie K get off the leash.

Stephens, Corr, lucky for this week.

Lmac Pink Corr
Harry Dawson fish
Colby LDU Scott
Curtis Comben Bull
Sellers Larkey Jy
X Wardlaw Powell

ic. WAP ford zane Stephens (sleevo)

Who relief rucks if we rightfully boot CCJ? Less of an issue against Blues who basically only run with TDK? Greenwood for Laz would make sense but so dies getting in Sellers.
Exactly that, CCJ for sellers. And Laz for Greenwood (who can provide ruck relief). And Ford to replace Stephens role on wing.

Crazy stuff as usual in here lol

We’re not dropping our captain.
Corr is underdone, but he’s our most experienced defender, we’re not dropping him.
Stephens didn’t have a great game, wing is a hard position and often go unrewarded. We brought him in to play that role, 2 games isn’t enough time to drop him.
Laz was much better than last week, he seems a confidence player, believe he’s earned more than 2 games.

CCJ though I can’t argue with.

Might be a good move to bring in both Sellers and Greenwood in that scenario.

Take your pick out of Stephens, Tucker or Lazz.

I’m prepared to give Stephens one more shot, so Tucker for me. I have no idea what the match committee thinks he’s providing

Out: Coleman-Jones, Lazzaro
In: Greenwood, Phillips

Don't overcook it.

Agree on not overcooking it. It’ll be 1or 2 changes barring illness etc.

CCJ for Greenwood or Sellers is a no brainer to try something different up forward.

But despite losing, will they look to make changes to a team that has played two finals bound teams and fought hard, improved incrementally and look like breaking a game apart if they can hold it for 4 quarters?

Will the coaches look to reward the bravery to trust them and take the risks they are being asked to against top opposition?

It’s an interesting one to watch which direction they go.

CCJ is the one we have two form options kicking goals that deserve opportunities in Greeny and Sellers.

I’d love to squeeze Chom in too if they can see a way.

Crazy stuff as usual in here lol

We’re not dropping our captain.
Corr is underdone, but he’s our most experienced defender, we’re not dropping him.
Stephens didn’t have a great game, wing is a hard position and often go unrewarded. We brought him in to play that role, 2 games isn’t enough time to drop him.
Laz was much better than last week, he seems a confidence player, believe he’s earned more than 2 games.

CCJ though I can’t argue with.

Corr is the most experienced defender making the most inexperienced bone head mistakes. Our defensive zone often breaks down because he goes up field following mid or small forwards trying to make an impact, but he leaves our smalls and other talls exposed inside D50. He is a terrible footballer.

Stephens had legit one of the softest games I’ve seen in a north jumper, was jumping at shadows all day and despite running lots had no impact at all. He is coasting, and he needs a rocket to show that we won’t stand for that sort of effort.

Structurally and based on form in the seniors and the VFL I would go with the following changes

1. Ford in for Sleevo (direct swap Sleevo as the sub vs the blues)

2. Sellers For CCJ (don’t worry about who will relief in the ruck. Surely marks and goals are more important).

3. WAP in for Lazzaro. Lazz had his 2 and now it’s time to see how Will goes. The blues pride themselves on clearance and contest. Right now I would think WAP gives us more in this matchup than Charlie.

4. Comben in for Tucker. Purely structural. Charlie plays forward and can pinch hit in the ruck. Also allows us to rotate Bull through the midfield without losing a marking target. I think we can live with whatever output we get from Comben vs Tuckers 14-15 ineffectual touches a game. Can also swing back if McKay and Charlie K get off the leash.

Stephens, Corr, lucky for this week.

Lmac Pink Corr
Harry Dawson fish
Colby LDU Scott
Curtis Comben Bull
Sellers Larkey Jy
X Wardlaw Powell

ic. WAP ford zane Stephens (sleevo)

This is where I'm at too. Even if it's not this week, I'd want to be heading in this direction across the early part of this season (provided form holds up).

If Sellers needs more time then put Greenwood in for CCJ. Hopefully Bergman will take Lmac's spot at some point and not look back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back