Out: CCJ IN:Comben
Out : Corr IN: Biggie
Out McKercher IN: Hardeman*
Out: Duursma IN: George*
Out: Stephens IN: Bergman
Ou: Stephenson IN: Sellers
Out: Lazzaro IN: Greenwood (SUB).

*Debut

Give Duursma and Kerch a spell and get their confidence back up in the VFL and have the ball pass through their hands a bit more.

Start Sausage at HFF, we need to see what the hype is all about! He can wax with Sheezel at HFF whilst, Sheezel waxes with Hardeman at HBF.Or when the Bulll wants a run int he midfield, Sausage takes his position up front.

Push Scott onto the wing, Miller at HBF, same scenario with Sheezel, Scott to wax with Tucker for wing minutes and Bergman for HBF minutes.

Start Biggie on to Curnow, has the length and won't give up silly free's like Corr plus he's an interceptor.

Start Comben up front waxing with Sellers whilst 2nd ruck to give X a chop out when needed and if Biggie or Pink is getting mauled, move Chom back, activate Greenwood and sub which every KPD is failing.

It's better to try out combinations now than later onto the season and what better way to introduce Hardeman's family to Melb than a Good Friday game as well as George's family.

Wishful thinking? Or should l go the boring Out: CCJ, Lazzaro, Corr IN: Sellers, WilPhil, Comben.

Blues forward line is a great precursor to a more potent Brisbane forward?

Good Friday game, last game before we go on the road for 2 weeks:

*Debut

Give Duursma and Kerch a spell and get their confidence back up in the VFL and have the ball pass through their hands a bit more.

Start Sausage at HFF, we need to see what the hype is all about! He can wax with Sheezel at HFF whilst, Sheezel waxes with Hardeman at HBF.Or when the Bulll wants a run int he midfield, Sausage takes his position up front.

Push Scott onto the wing, Miller at HBF, same scenario with Sheezel, Scott to wax with Tucker for wing minutes and Bergman for HBF minutes.

Start Biggie on to Curnow, has the length and won't give up silly free's like Corr plus he's an interceptor.

Start Comben up front waxing with Sellers whilst 2nd ruck to give X a chop out when needed and if Biggie or Pink is getting mauled, move Chom back, activate Greenwood and sub which every KPD is failing.

It's better to try out combinations now than later onto the season and what better way to introduce Hardeman's family to Melb than a Good Friday game as well as George's family.

Wishful thinking? Or should l go the boring Out: CCJ, Lazzaro, Corr IN: Sellers, WilPhil, Comben.

Much prefer your boring outs.

McKercher and Duursma have more than held their own and are getting plenty of the ball. Don’t see any confidence issues with either.

They will learn and develop better through AFL games than VFL.

Could make a case for over a half dozen blokes to be easy outs. Given a push I could make a case for a second batch of six.

I just don't know how much leeway Clarko wants to give blokes.
Corr maybe has the excuse of interrupted preseason (even though I'm pretty certain it wasn't a farkin brain injury)
CCJ is uh, big, and uh umm err (contracted.)
Stephens is new to the club but (supposedly) has the attributes the gameplan needs.
Sleevo has been 50/50 so far, but the bad stuff has been quite horrific again.
Lazz tries hard (as opposed to being one) but his effectiveness is low and he's the type of player who sabotages a forward chain by having the handball be a meter off.
Tucker too anonymous but decent attributes and I don't think has made many glaring errors.

It's tough, man. New gameplan. New kids. New blokes traded in. Defense a complete shemozzle exacerbated by a midfield that stops chasing.

Gut says there won't be more than 2 or 3 changes, probably one in each third of the ground.

*Debut

Two players each 2 games into their football careers who are making a contribution and more than meeting expectations, and your suggestion is to DROP THEM TO THE 2's TO GAIN CONFIDENCE?
giphy.gif

*Debut

What makes you think Kerch and Duursma have lost their confidence?

Anyone thinking they’re going to make 5+ changes is kidding themselves,
Realistically they will all be like for like,
Out- lazzaro, ccj, tucker
In- wphil, greenwood, shiels
I’d obviously live to see another young player but there needs to be a bit of balance with what we’ve got and a few more games before deciding who belongs in the best 22

Dream scenario......

IN: Bergman, Sellars, Greenwood, Comben, Hardeman
OUT: CCJ (meh), Stephens (soft), Stephenson (softer - but debatable), Corr (woeful), Lazzaro (meh)

B: Bergman, Pink, Dawson
HB: Sheezel, Comben, Fisher
C: McKercher, Wardlaw, Scott
HF: Simpkin, Sellars, Ford
F: Zurhaar, Larkey, Curtis
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Powell
I/C: Hardeman, Greenwood, McDonald (they're not going to drop him), Duursma, Sub: Tucker

I’d obviously live to see another young player but there needs to be a bit of balance with what we’ve got and a few more games before deciding who belongs in the best 22
agree with the general line of thinking, but barring injury I think it will be max 2 changes

Not sure we have a midfielder that can add the defensive pressure we are after. Philips is the closest, and he showed in close he is a good pressure player, but hasn't shown it on the outside and I have to admit he has not shown the inside work as much this pre-season either.

TT is a big loss.

Not sure we have a midfielder that can add the defensive pressure we are after. Philips is the closest, and he showed in close he is a good pressure player, but hasn't shown it on the outside and I have to admit he has not shown the inside work as much this pre-season either.

TT is a big loss.
Shiels got 37 in the magoos. Not terribly quick but works bloody hard. He and Wardlaw is better than just Wardlaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiels got 37 in the magoos. Not terribly quick but works bloody hard. He and Wardlaw is better than just Wardlaw
I am not sure if he lost it but he was showing the hardest defendive running with Bails last year. If he can bring that then there is a place in the side for him.

We need to be making adjustments to stem the bleeding when we lose momentum.

I am not sure if he lost it but he was showing the hardest defendive running with Bails last year. If he can bring that then there is a place in the side for him.

We need to be making adjustments to stem the bleeding when we lose momentum.
Doubt he's lost it. It often happens that someone looks past it and then regains their attributes once their motor gets running. Sounds funny to say but to my eye we need another Jy. One to offer attacking class and a defensive edge at half-forward, and one to do it in the guts

Two players each 2 games into their football careers who are making a contribution and more than meeting expectations, and your suggestion is to DROP THEM TO THE 2's TO GAIN CONFIDENCE?

What makes you think Kerch and Duursma have lost their confidence?
No i don't think they've 'lost their confidence' but l don't think they should be immune to be being dropped on the basis of their overall development - whilst they are 'confident' drop them for their first time, get acquainted to VFL/reserves football and players and if they tear it up in their drafted position and secorndary positions then call them back up, if they sulk then Houston we have a problem.

Just my opinion...

Yep agree.But i think Shiels is just injury cover at the moment, don't think he'll get a go for a while. Lazzaro will get another run too IMO so I think Wilphil gets another game in the VFL to get some more confidence after a pretty good run last week

we were excellent for a half and Im a glass half full type so i agree that there will be minimal changes if any. Work on what didn't go well and keep doing what did

Dawson is our best defender on available evidence. Quite disappointing that he was relegated to the VFL last season when he clearly makes us a better side but lets look forwards anyway.

We're just too easy to score against. Individually we have defenders who make dumb decisions far too often, new players who are finding their feet at the level and adjusting to the standard and structurally we're ignorant - the numbers aren't there for it to be an effective team defense and the players who should be getting back aren't.

If we're +10 inside 50's at home and lose by 5 goals there's obvious issues there that can't solely be attributed to personnel.

Logue coming back will help but the issue won't go away until there's a competent 2024 AFL standard defensive structure in place.
I asked one of the defensive players last year who was playing on.

He said it was a team defensive structure and he didn’t have a direct opponent. I’m sure jobs are given to players etc but the team defence has a long way to go to get to the top tier experience yet.

This will be a turning point when we do but we need continuity and patience for that. None of which exists on this board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back