Preview Changes v Carlton [Good Friday Superclash]

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: CCJ, Lazzaro
In: Sellers, Phillips

Bergman would've been, but injured. Harvey injured.

I wouldn't be against CCJ staying in however.

FB: McDonald - Pink - Dawson
HB: Sheezel - Corr - Scott
C: McKercher - LDU - Stephens
HF: Zurhaar - CCJ/Sellers - Duursma
FF: Stephenson - Larkey - Curtis
R: Xerri - Wardlaw - Powell
I: Fisher - Tucker - Phillips - Simpkin
S: Ford
E: Greenwood - Shiels - Drury

In: Sellers, Phillips, Ford, Bergman
Out: CCJ, Lazzaro, Tucker, Stephenson

- They were teaching Sellers how to ruck before the season started so they obviously have him in mind if the CCJ experiment fails. And it has. Clueless and no presence whatsoever. Pink and Larkey can chop out Xerri in the arcs.

- Bergman can push McKercher onto the wing.

- Ford takes Stephenson's roaming half forward role.

- Phillips gives us more presence in the midfield and we will need it against Kennedy, Cerra, Cripps, Hewett and potentially Walsh if he passes his fitness test.

We really need to put some time into pressuring their defenders otherwise Williams, Newman, and Saad will feast with ball in hand and McGovern will intercept everything coming in while Weitering and Kemp block Larkey.

Weitering and Walsh coming back for them makes this a very tough game. All I can say is, at least we have enough KPD's this time to play on Curnow and McKay. I've got PTSD from seeing Bonar play on McKay two years in a row!

He is a known quantity and we are not looking to scrounge wins with players who are highly unlikely to be on the list in the short term future.

Now this does not mean that all the players that are being run will be on this list through the short term future.

What it means is that Greenwood would likely make us look better in the very short term by putting a senior body on the park.

Why not him for CCJ? because if by some miracle CCJ starts having presence and clunking marks he creates a thing we are currently crying out for. If you bring in Greenwood and he does the same we merely get another stop gap measure.

Clarko is playing a longer game then winning this week.

it is an answer very few want to hear but it is what is happening.

Beauty! If that's the case, I look forward to Sellers playing this week.

In: Sellers, Phillips, Ford, Bergman
Out: CCJ, Lazzaro, Tucker, Stephenson

- They were teaching Sellers how to ruck before the season started so they obviously have him in mind if the CCJ experiment fails. And it has. Clueless and no presence whatsoever. Pink and Larkey can chop out Xerri in the arcs.

- Bergman can push McKercher onto the wing.

- Ford takes Stephenson's roaming half forward role.

- Phillips gives us more presence in the midfield and we will need it against Kennedy, Cerra, Cripps, Hewett and potentially Walsh if he passes his fitness test.

We really need to put some time into pressuring their defenders otherwise Williams, Newman, and Saad will feast with ball in hand and McGovern will intercept everything coming in while Weitering and Kemp block Larkey.

Weitering and Walsh coming back for them makes this a very tough game. All I can say is, at least we have enough KPD's this time to play on Curnow and McKay. I've got PTSD from seeing Bonar play on McKay two years in a row!
Not with a broken jaw he can't. Bergman is out for 4 – 6 weeks.

Bummer about Bergman, looked very good on the weekend. I definitely would have had him in.

Revised changes:

Out: CCJ, Lazzaro, Stephenson
In: Sellars, Greenwood, Ford

Sellars in for the big galoot. Greenwood in for Lazzaro as a defensive mid and back up ruck. Ford to start on a forward flank and Stephenson to sub. Stephens lucky.

Bummer about Bergman, looked very good on the weekend. I definitely would have had him in.

Revised changes:

Out: CCJ, Lazzaro, Stephenson
In: Sellars, Greenwood, Ford

Sellars in for the big galoot. Greenwood in for Lazzaro as a defensive mid and back up ruck. Ford to start on a forward flank and Stephenson to sub. Stephens lucky.
Have you been watching how North play? There is no room for Greenwood. He’s the opposite of North Ball.

Not with a broken jaw he can't. Bergman is out for 4 – 6 weeks.
Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Jesus Christ we can't catch a break. Doomed to play LMac for all eternity

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Jesus Christ we can't catch a break. Doomed to play LMac for all eternity
Word of warning be careful what you say about LMac in these parts, I was accused of "hitting a high point of tediousness with the Lmac drivel"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh well. Walsh coming back too would have been a kick to the groin. Weitering back gives McGovern more license to play as the interceptor. Really need Sellers to provide an option and make us less predictable.

Out: CCJ, Lazzaro
In: Sellers, Phillips

Bergman would've been, but injured. Harvey injured.

I wouldn't be against CCJ staying in however.

FB: McDonald - Pink - Dawson
HB: Sheezel - Corr - Scott
C: McKercher - LDU - Stephens
HF: Zurhaar - CCJ/Sellers - Duursma
FF: Stephenson - Larkey - Curtis
R: Xerri - Wardlaw - Powell
I: Fisher - Tucker - Phillips - Simpkin
S: Ford
E: Greenwood - Shiels - Drury
I see the logic but who’s the relief ruck? I shudder anytime I see Larkey do it, and zurhaar’s had a go without much success

Yeah, those ins for them aren't ideal. AA-calibre defender, good interceptor, and zippy small forward. Bugger

I thought that Weitering was further off for some reason. Ouch time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back