Unofficial Preview Changes v Richmond at Metricon... on Tuesday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Only 3 sleeps to go:eek:, last nights game wasn't overly physical, might not be as many changes/players rested as first thought although Shiel probably thought it was courtesy of CEY.:cool:

If we can snag a win in this one with them having 2 extra days break will be one of our best wins in years. Gardiner to Dusty when he goes forward. I'm assuming Richy wont be right to play.

Outs- Grant Birchall(rested).

Ins- Mitchell Hinge.

I expect a couple to not come up, no idea who though.

Only 3 sleeps to go:eek:, last nights game wasn't overly physical, might not be as many changes/players rested as first thought although Shiel probably thought it was courtesy of CEY.:cool:

If we can snag a win in this one with them having 2 extra days break will be one of our best wins in years. Gardiner to Dusty when he goes forward. I'm assuming Richy wont be right to play.

Outs- Grant Birchall(rested).

Ins- Mitchell Hinge.

I expect a couple to not come up, no idea who though.

We might push to rest Birchall for the Dogs when Rich is more likely to be available?

If Gardiner goes to Dusty forward I think we need another defender that can play tall to cover Lynch/Riewoldt with Andrews.

I'm a bit worried about our match-ups in defence with Richmond playing three talls up forward (Lynch, Riewoldt and the resting ruck). I think we have the small defenders to cover their small forwards, but it does feel like we're a key defender short.

Fagan's presser-

Although they are every chance to be ok for Tigers Rich and Lester wont play.

Will look at Birchall as a rest option.

Also check on some of the other older guys and how they pull up.

We're a young team they will be keen to play.

I'm a bit worried about our match-ups in defence with Richmond playing three talls up forward (Lynch, Riewoldt and the resting ruck). I think we have the small defenders to cover their small forwards, but it does feel like we're a key defender short.

Im also worried about the turnovers out of defence if we only have one good kick (Witherden) down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see birchall and robbo rested.
Mathieson in for robbo
I was going to say Lester in but fagan presser suggests otherwise.
Being at last night's game .... I felt we didn't put the foot down in the last and i didnt want us too for the turnaround. Resting Oscar for most of the last was good.
If somehow both Lester and Rich play and Fagan changes his mind then

In rich lester mathieson
Out birchall, robbo and any other player that needs a rest (can't ommit anyone based on last night's performance)

Ps: so happy for witherdern and Answerth
Also ballenden and Skinner. I doubted ballenden in my head but he did enough.

Can’t wait for this game
Both teams now in great form
How long does skinner stick around for? Touted pre season to play a fair bit and just broken in. Looked fantastic last night
Neale always destroys us in the middle so gonna have to come prepared

Personally I want Berry and McCluggage rested. Don't take risks with these guys. Birchall rested would definitely be automatic. Mathieson for Robbo would also make sense. Nothing wrong with making 5/6 changes and telling the new guys to rip in and bruise a few bodies.

Birchall will be okay until Rich is ready. Our movement from defense this year has been better than 2019.
Nice to hear Fagan said Rich would be good to go but won't play. We need him at 100%
Also mentioned resting Lester another week but he will find it hard to get back in the side.
Lester played 2 very good games this year but the others were back to the usual Lester output. All solid efforts.
Fagan may be happy with Lester team role so he may come back in time will tell.

Witherden listed as only 4 cm shorter than Lester also 3 kg heaver than Lester. How accurate these figures are is anyone's guess.
Witherden offers more to our attack from defense than Lester and defiantly gets more of the ball.
I just hope that both Answerth and Witherden produce another great performance against Richmond so neither can be omitted.

So baring injuries
OUT: Robinson rested he looked more stuffed than usual
IN..: Hinge or Mathieson seeing they were named as emergencies

Birchall out and Payne in.. Although leaves us one good kick out of defence. If Birchall pulls up ok rather he wait to Rich is ready.
I say another mid rested and Cox/Coleman in need some speed.

This is the game to make mass changes so we can whip the dogs but listening to Fages presser and everyone buoyed by last night's performance which whilst good was very flattering it ain't gunna happen.

So not much point me putting out there what I would do because it's too far from what's going to happen.

From all the NEAFL matches I saw last year, and the preseason match sims, Bring in the 100kg 198cm Payne Train. Will do his role. Surprisingly for someone so big he is reasonably fast. Rest Birchall and bring in Payne, we have Gardiner and Andrews with over 200 games of experience so its not like our backline is full of rookies

It was fairly easy match last night, only Robbo looks out of gas. Would Payne be to heavy to play on Reiwoldt ? Gardiner gets a bath by Jack every time.

Out - Robbo
In - Mathieson

IIRC Riewoldt towelled up Adams at the MCG last year and then Dizzy went onto him and shut him down

This is the game that almost defines our season - the Tiges are a massive monkey on our back, have been for years and, pound for pound, are the best team in the competition over the last few seasons.

I believe in our young guys and would make changes only as necessary to freshen sore bodies. If a player is fit, then he should play. I said elsewhere that we'd win these 3 games....one down, 2 to go :) Win this, and anything is possible from this group.

IIRC Riewoldt towelled up Adams at the MCG last year and then Dizzy went onto him and shut him down
Tigers were smashing us out of the M/F with Reiwoldt on the end but we started to claw our way back into the 3rd quarter IIRC.

But Darce did a good job on Reiwoldt. More able to apply pressure on Reiwoldt's leads than Adams.

We've got plenty of options down back with Payne also able to be thrown into the mix. Makes sense that Birch gets rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back