Remove this Banner Ad

B: Nev May Riv
HB: Salem Tommo Lever
C: Gus Vines Lingers
HF: Milkshakes Weed Spargs
F: Kozzie Boner Fritta
R: Gawn Trac Clarry
Int: Harmes Hunt Hibbo Jacko

Anyone think that's not our best 22 ATM?

Yes

Jetta isn’t best 22 anymore and TMac isn’t getting dropped anytime soon.
Agree +

Melksham isn't to me either. At best he's bench depth.

I wouldn't have Harmes in there either, what has he done these past 12 months to even deserve a mention?

Nev not best 22 anymore. Harmes will have to fight for a spot now, too.

Agree +

Melksham isn't to me either. At best he's bench depth.

I wouldn't have Harmes in there either, what has he done these past 12 months to even deserve a mention?
He's a good mark inside F50, better at ground level than Nibbler, what has he ever done in his career to suggest he's not better than Alex Marathon Runner Neal Bullen?

Never understood why we're out on Milkshakes suddenly either. Still a good finisher inside F50, still one of the best kicks inside 50 in our team.

He's a good mark inside F50, better at ground level than Nibbler, what has he ever done in his career to suggest he's not better than Alex Marathon Runner Neal Bullen?

Never understood why we're out on Milkshakes suddenly either. Still a good finisher inside F50, still one of the best kicks inside 50 in our team.

Why isn't Nathan Jones in your best 22 if past performance is an indicator you turn to?

Melksham is a liability defensively now. He provides absolutely nothing. He'll look alright when we are blowing teams away like in the fourth quarter today, I'm not getting sucked in by that tho. He's was nowhere to be seen for the first three quarters, the african kid for hawthorn made him look absolutely useless.

Why isn't Nathan Jones in your best 22 if past performance is an indicator you turn to?
Because Harmes had a drop off playing half back to start the year before being thrown back in the guts, then the wing, then half forward etc. he's not cooked physically like Chunk is, if Chunk still had some legspeed he's probably still a quality player.

Neither is Milkshakes either which is the point.

Melksham is a liability defensively now. He provides absolutely nothing. He'll look alright when we are blowing teams away like in the fourth quarter today, I'm not getting sucked in by that tho. He's was nowhere to be seen and horrible for the first three quarters.
Is that true or just some analysis you made up off looking at tackles stats. Always been a good runner

Is that true or just some analysis you made up off looking at tackles stats. Always been a good runner

Wtf are you talking about? I never look at stats. Judge things off what I see. If you think he was good today defensively youre running off blind faith. He was disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually thought Chunk was decent in the first 3 rounds, just the last couple he's started to struggle. Hopefully he finds a little more in the tank for his 300th in a big primetime game.

We need BBrown, Weid, May, Fritta and the kitchen sink to throw at these Tigger campaigners. I'd have MBrown, Jordon, Petty and Sparrow out.

I'll go Lockhart for Nev
TMAC for Harmes
A mid rotation for Melksham. Cause that 22 is definitely lacking midfield depth.

Yeah some bad choices in there.

Jones cannot be dropped, in fact this week needs to be one of the biggest in the club's history. He carried us through one of the darkest times in living memory and needs to be celebrated as the club legend he is.

Remember when Norf wouldn't confirm Harvey was going to play his 400th until late in the week? It was poor, left a bad taste in the mouth and ruined a historic occasion. They were trying to look tough and it didn't do them any favours.

I haven’t read this entire thread and the Jones discussion, but I’ll leave an outsider/American viewpoint. And I’m prepared for all of your thumbs-down responses.

WhenI first started following the club by rewatching the recently concluded 2018 season, Jones was one of my favorite players. I remember him kicking a massive, captains goal in a desperately needed situation in his 250th game. And his goal and iconic celebration against the cats is my favorite moment in my short time following the team.

And when he stepped down as captain, my respect for him grew only more. I have no idea if he was pressured to do that. But it had the mark of a man putting the best interests of the team ahead of his own. That’s leadership. That’s the mark of a man who loves his team.

But if he plays against Richmond, I will lose a good amount of respect for him. I’ll also lose respect for the system and culture that would allow it. Americans are viewed as selfish assholes, interested only in what’s best for them (rightfully so I may add). And yet, this... this would not be tolerated. You will argue that he’s earned the right. And my question is the right to what? To give his team a worse chance to win? What right is that? A true leader would refuse to hamper his teams chances one bit in such a big game. Especially in a season so rare for this club.

He’s seen a lot of losing, and he’s been a good soldier. Don’t ruin it now by being an anchor to the team. He’ll get his 300th, but what an absolute legend if he took it out of Goodys hands that it wouldn’t be this week.

I haven’t read this entire thread and the Jones discussion, but I’ll leave an outsider/American viewpoint. And I’m prepared for all of your thumbs-down responses.

WhenI first started following the club by rewatching the recently concluded 2018 season, Jones was one of my favorite players. I remember him kicking a massive, captains goal in a desperately needed situation in his 250th game. And his goal and iconic celebration against the cats is my favorite moment in my short time following the team.

And when he stepped down as captain, my respect for him grew only more. I have no idea if he was pressured to do that. But it had the mark of a man putting the best interests of the team ahead of his own. That’s leadership. That’s the mark of a man who loves his team.

But if he plays against Richmond, I will lose a good amount of respect for him. I’ll also lose respect for the system and culture that would allow it. Americans are viewed as selfish assholes, interested only in what’s best for them (rightfully so I may add). And yet, this... this would not be tolerated. You will argue that he’s earned the right. And my question is the right to what? To give his team a worse chance to win? What right is that? A true leader would refuse to hamper his teams chances one bit in such a big game. Especially in a season so rare for this club.

He’s seen a lot of losing, and he’s been a good soldier. Don’t ruin it now by being an anchor to the team. He’ll get his 300th, but what an absolute legend if he took it out of Goodys hands that it wouldn’t be this week.
You're not wrong, but I'd say the intangible boost it brings the culture and club celebrating this warriors 300 together just outweighs his performance. Normally I'd say it's a complete wank but I honestly believe it will galvanise the football club in ways you can't see.

I don't know if a player will ever earn my respect more than Jonesy from 2012-18 and it's gonna mean alot to alot of people around this club to see him run through that banner.

You're coming round to me and Blitz. 😍

Look , I absolutely reckon he put the club in a no win situation over the offseason and 100% should have pulled the plug himself. I'm not as up for this significant occasion because he's been gifted the past 25 or so games.

But ..

We are here now, what's done is done and despite Jones leaving a sour taste in my mouth he absolutely deserves to have his career celebrated. It honestly doesn't matter to me who it's against. I'd prefer to get it out of the way now so we can move on from it and focus on bigger goals towards the end of the year. (Preferably without Jones cause the need for sympathy games will have passed now the milestone has been reached)

100% agree about losing some sort of respect for him. Never like seeing club champs have to be told to go rather than releasing when the time is right themselves.

You're coming round to me and Blitz. 😍

Look , I absolutely reckon he put the club in a no win situation over the offseason and 100% should have pulled the plug himself. I'm not as up for this significant occasion because he's been gifted the past 25 or so games.

But ..

We are here now, what's done is done and despite Jones leaving a sour taste in my mouth he absolutely deserves to have his career celebrated. It honestly doesn't matter to me who it's against. I'd prefer to get it out of the way now so we can move on from it and focus on bigger goals towards the end of the year. (Preferably without Jones cause the need for sympathy games will have passed now the milestone has been reached)

100% agree about losing some sort of respect for him. Never like seeing club champs have to be told to go rather than releasing when the time is right themselves.

Just one thing though, it's gotta be easy to walk away when you're a 3x premiership player.

I don't think Jones gives a * about 300, he's played 2 finals series in his whole career I honestly just think he wants to play in a good team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back