Unofficial Preview Changes v the Hawks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched every reserve grade this year and the first observation is that we have flogged everyone, we have a lot in reserve grade that look great running in open play and gathering disposals without the AFL level pressure. The paranoia to get Alison and Cutler into the top team comes from reserve grade, your talking about 2 guys running through the wings and letting fly with long booming kicks. You have to watch where those kicks land - they are not Josh Drummond who could hit a player on the chest from 60 meters away. I find Hinge more reliable and as mobile, I can see why he got his shot and I think he is more a two way player than the other two. I though Ballandene was close but he was shifted sideways just to easily last game at full back resulting in 3 easy goals. Wooller and Skinner are close for me but Bastinac and Christensen are reliable. Nick Robbo in the Reserves has been allowed to roam the full field and as we know has the same tank and J Berry. I think Nick Robbo can come in for Taylor. I also think we need more from Rayner and have been very patient so it's Wooller for him, for me. Then that's it, we only lost by 1 point and we know it's limited changes if possible.

Ive got a thought on Rayner which may be explored down the track. He reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson skillwise and physical type. CJ started as a forward mid and ended up one of the best half backs in the game. I could see Cam making that move. He is a great young bloke and an undoubted talent, just not sold on him being a one trick pony up forward. Its perhaps too late to try this year. Maybe in the preseason he could be educated in the back half. Just think his form at the moment is well below his best and he in turn needs to go back for a couple of rounds and excel to build his confidence back up for the second half of the year.

Ive got a thought on Rayner which may be explored down the track. He reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson skillwise and physical type. CJ started as a forward mid and ended up one of the best half backs in the game. I could see Cam making that move. He is a great young bloke and an undoubted talent, just not sold on him being a one trick pony up forward. Its perhaps too late to try this year. Maybe in the preseason he could be educated in the back half. Just think his form at the moment is well below his best and he in turn needs to go back for a couple of rounds and excel to build his confidence back up for the second half of the year.
I was thinking the same but can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back