Prediction Changes v Wet Toast Beagles Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,
How did you guys see Bailey Dale’s game over the weekend down back. Was he playing more of an offensive or defensive type of game and do you think this is something dogs will continue with?

Surprised me a bit with his marking but in hindsight it makes sense. He's always been reasonable overhead playing forward. I'd say he's primarily an offensive type as the nitty and gritty isn't really his strong suit.

It will really be game where both teams hold a clear advantage. The dogs should dominant possession and the midfield and the eagles have a clear advantage in the air with their talls. I am pretty confident at Marvel the midfield will get us the win a bit worried about flying Ryan being an x factor, the dogs by 19 points.

It will really be game where both teams hold a clear advantage. The dogs should dominant possession and the midfield and the eagles have a clear advantage in the air with their talls. I am pretty confident at Marvel the midfield will get us the win a bit worried about flying Ryan being an x factor, the dogs by 19 points.
Hah our Ryan. >>>>. their Ryan

No change from last week, although I’d prefer West over McNeil.

Martin/English to do the job on Naitanui and give our mids enough opportunity. Our midfield with their outs should be way too strong at Marvel.

Reckon Treloar plays a blinder also, with the Collingwood game behind him. 30+ touches and a goal.

Dogs by 27.

No change from last week, although I’d prefer West over McNeil.

Martin/English to do the job on Naitanui and give our mids enough opportunity. Our midfield with their outs should be way too strong at Marvel.

Reckon Treloar plays a blinder also, with the Collingwood game behind him. 30+ touches and a goal.

Dogs by 27.
West won't be the sub again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope Wallis can get a few cracks at goal this game. Also hoping Treloar can make a big impact.
Treloar will be fine. He would have spent all his petrol tickets on the media buzz before the Collingwood game hence wasn't able to do a lot. It would have been a relief to get it out of the way. Draw a line under it and move on.

Not really. He had 5 contested disposals, most of his ball use was on the outside. And as an outside player his ball use was terrible. With Bont, Dunks, Smith, Libba, Treloar all getting 10+ contested possessions we don't really need whatever Hunter provides on the inside. On the outside his ball use is so bad that we're better off with someone that gets 10 less disposals while actually hitting a target.
No we are not this is crazy talk to suggest we are better off without him

Treloar will be fine. He would have spent all his petrol tickets on the media buzz before the Collingwood game hence wasn't able to do a lot. It would have been a relief to get it out of the way. Draw a line under it and move on.
I’m expecting big things from Treloar under the roof at Marvel this year.

Looked very good there.
Because like M Boyd he can mark.
Reckon Dunkley could also rotate through HBF.Can also mark and a lot like M Boyd.
Paul Roos was the best example for Naughton l have ever seen.
A backman versatile enough to play forward.But the coach would realise when having no impact forward. Back to CHB.Please watch those old tapes Bev.If Naughton is struggling against Barass or McGovern .Let him be our Paul Roos.
Agree with Dunks and Dale but not Naughts, I know he could be a star at CHB but he can also be that at CHF just will take him longer

Whilst I agree Gardiner has improved from the very low bar he began upon, I’m quietly convinced most on here are developing a form of Stockholm syndrome re Gardiner. We’ve been forced to watch him play so many undeserved games that any improvement is met with rapture and a belief he must be in the team for a reason.... let’s not forget Bevo denied we had a ruck issue for a long time. Hope like hell Simon has a rabbit to pull out in this years trade period.
No let’s not forget that Bevo was chasing Stef Martin for years as admitted by Justin Leppa and Stef himself. It’s an absolute BF created myth that Bevo didn’t think we had a ruck problem

What Bevo was against was playing a crap 2nd ruckman for the sake of it as effectively you lose a midfielder if you play a ruckman with no around the ground or below their knees ability. if we had Martin earlier he would have played 2 rucks

Dont confuse the fact the Bevo didn’t come out in Round 15 last year or anytime previously and admit publicly that it was our weakness with not privately believing it was. What message do you think it would have given our playing group if he had publicly done that?

The psychology of sport is all about having your players believing they can win despite any deficiencies. I would have thought 2016 demonstrated Bevo understands this a bit better than the average person.

Last edited:
I'm actually getting over Bevo whinging about something different every week.

This week it's the VFL rules introduced. Whilst he makes some valid points, you can't really sook about Jamarra not getting enough miles in the legs throughout the game compared to an AFL game when he was only played for 3 quarters...
It’s f..ing ridiculous to have different rules in the VFL to the AFL especially when other feeder comps in SA and WA dont

i suggest don’t listen if you don’t want to hear someone making sense

Guessing an unchanged lineup then. With Williams spending some time on Cox I think Bevo likes using him to shut down some of their height while keeping our rebound. It's a risking move but I like it, we could potentially run rings around them if we bring it to ground. Maybe it's time the opposition start worrying about how to change their lineup against us instead.
Williams had a pretty decent leap that allows him to punch so as long as he isn’t wrestling then I would back him

Eagles forward line is far more potent than Pies. Our midfield will dominate but am very worried our backline will falter. Our backline is not proven and even though I am not convinced about wood long term, he is our best option against Eagles aerial dominance. Have no confidence in Bevo. He just sabotages our chances as he is unwilling to play the best 22
LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back