Prediction Changes Vs Bombers r14 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If i can't talk here why dont the mods remove my account what am i actually doing wrong?
I have my opinions its not illegal is it?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’re not doing anything illegal, it’s just Eagles football clearly makes you miserable yet every day you come on here and post about how bad the Eagles are. What’s in it for you? Switch the telly off, change teams, do something different for your own well-being.

We’re 8-4 and will be in the top four once we’ve played our game in hand. We just won the flag. It very rarely gets better than this as a fan. This is pretty close to the happiest a footy fan will reasonably be, yet you seem miserable every day. It seems like a tough slog.

If i can't talk here why dont the mods remove my account what am i actually doing wrong?
I have my opinions its not illegal is it?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Your opinions rarely involve any discussion with other posters, no conversation or debate, simply one off negative sentences 10 times a day.

It's a discussion forum, but you're treating it like your own twitter feed.

Last year I spoke to you about the same thing- being negative is fine, but when you never add anything positive or get involved in any discussion you become a detriment to the forum, and reduce other people's enjoyment of coming here.

The reason you haven't been removed from the board is because we (the mods) like differing opinions to be allowed. But take this as your second notice that you're heading towards a temporary board ban. If your posting stays the same I'd give it another week before we sit you out for a month, and I don't want to do that.

Your opinions rarely involve any discussion with other posters, no conversation or debate, simply one off negative sentences 10 times a day.

Last year I spoke to you about the same thing- being negative is fine, but when you never add anything positive or get involved in any discussion you become a detriment to the forum, and reduce other people's enjoyment of coming here.

The reason you haven't been removed from the board is because we (the mods) like differing opinions to be allowed. But take this as your second notice that you're heading towards a temporary board ban. If your posting stays the same I'd give it another week before we sit you out for a month, and I don't want to do that.
Would you like me to bring back the discussion about EQ to take the heat off our fellow BF member?? I take one for the team. :)

behave.png

I would like to express my solidarity with the depressed and socially inept posters; at least against Essendon this week, in the short term. I dunno how we get past the sorta game that blew us away last year.

Hopefully Hurn, Yeo and Nic Nat back in.
I would like to see AhChee given an opportunity too, I think he's been treated fairly poorly at the selection table and deserves a go.
I'd like to see AhChee get a go and curious why he hasn't - am guessing there's a good reason for that?

I'd like to see AhChee get a go and curious why he hasn't - am guessing there's a good reason for that?
I was excited when we got Ah Chee but an unfortunate injury at the start of last year and not really screaming to be picked would say he's closer to being delisted than getting regular games (imo)

V Ess I think he would be a bit one paced v a quick side.

I could see him playing the following week v Haw if selection fits though.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was excited when we got Ah Chee but an unfortunate injury at the start of last year and not really screaming to be picked would say he's closer to being delisted than getting regular games (imo)
V Ess I think he would be a bit one paced v a quick side.
I could see him playing the following week v Haw if selection fits though.
On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, was holding out for him, but maybe not enough tools in the box. He's up there in the Wafl, but not busting the gate down. His one-pace and one-efforts are a handicap. There's always that hope, like other players, that he'll come good...but we're entering the 2nd half of season and still not sighted. Now his 2nd or 3rd year? on a yearly deal? With the end of season looming, he'd be nervous?

Am fence-sitting on this game -after the predictable mauling by Swans, am withholding my blind faith glee!
Ins - any of Hurn, Yeo, Venables, Oscar, Hicks, Sneezy, Mallen, Cameron, NN.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's more likely to go to our least effective small like Petrocelle.
He's taken the best small all year. McKenna is the one that takes the weaker small generally

He's not that good? Saw him live a couple of weeks ago in the WAFL, he seems a step above WAFL level athletically but he was very fumbly with the ball. He seemed to spend a lot of time running around like a headless chook.

He's not that good? Saw him live a couple of weeks ago in the WAFL, he seems a step above WAFL level athletically but he was very fumbly with the ball. He seemed to spend a lot of time running around like a headless chook.
Oh well, we'll be headhunting some decent midfield depth in a few months time.

We should...whether we actually will or not remains to be seen.
Oh please, not again, not after last time..glad we picked up oscar+brander, but we must add to the mid-pool. (Tim+Con aside) Ok, we might need a Hurn replacement...and maybe a serious heavyweight ruck option?

Oh please, not again, not after last time..glad we picked up oscar+brander, but we must add to the mid-pool. (Tim+Con aside) Ok, we might need a Hurn replacement...and maybe a serious heavyweight ruck option?
I think we should focus mainly on midfielders and a young ruck this off-season. I think Rotham could cover Hurn's actual position defensively but we're going to need to work out something to replace his kicking out of the defensive 50. Not sure you even can replace everything Hurn brings to the table with one person anyway.

And we kicked 6 goals 16 points!

We had our shocker before the bye. Boys wont be happy about that and have had 12 days to stew on it. Would not have been a great flight home after that performance.

Tipping we will show up v Bombers!
It's a good point, but I would like to point out that we smashed you in the midfield in the first half then took the foot off the peddle for whatever reason. The fact you guys have an 11 day break to our 6 is also something that needs to be questioned (and you may take this as whinging because the same happened to you last year, although I think I made the same point) because the Thursday Night slot should be solely given to two teams coming off a bye IMO.

The midfield battle will be interesting, I think Dyl Clarke will tag Sheed with Yeo out and Shuey's pace probably a challenge for him.

It's a good point, but I would like to point out that we smashed you in the midfield in the first half then took the foot off the peddle for whatever reason. The fact you guys have an 11 day break to our 6 is also something that needs to be questioned (and you may take this as whinging because the same happened to you last year, although I think I made the same point) because the Thursday Night slot should be solely given to two teams coming off a bye IMO.

The midfield battle will be interesting, I think Dyl Clarke will tag Sheed with Yeo out and Shuey's pace probably a challenge for him.
Yeo out? I wouldn't count on that yet - he's had a 2.5 week break.

Yeo out? I wouldn't count on that yet - he's had a 2.5 week break.
I've just noticed he missed the last game and was a chance of being out, given the lack of timeframe on your injury list according to the AFL website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back