Strategy Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Had no idea about the EJ Whitten bar. I may have to go have a look!

Don't mean to sound pessimistic but I think we will get done this week. Carlton playing pretty hot footy at the moment and it just seems like one of those game where we should win but lose (St. Kilda earlier on this year).

Nah mate, you stand in the bar and it's general admin tickets. you watch the game from a big window behind the goals sucking schooners of draught, bagging the scum, and making friends with fellow Dogs fanatics.
Underrated post.

At the ej bar if you drink draught you go into a draw to win upgraded seats with free food and drinks. Just fill out the things you get from the bar tender, or ask for them. You get 1 entry per pot. Then put them in the barrel. Its drawn 15mins before game time.

Is there any markets for week to week RS noms?

Put the house on CD this week. Kid will be a star.

Also, for anyone that hasn't been to the Whitten Bar, you have to. I'm from Brisbane and whenever I make it down for a game it's my go to place for 1-1.5 hours pre game. Ripping spot.

There's a chance there'll be no footy this weekend - AFL consulting with all clubs, Players Association, etc. right now and will make an announcement soon.

No disrespect to Phil or his family but what ever happened to the show must go on?

Can understand not playing the Crows game (think playing would actually be unfair on both sides) but surely not a blanket cancellation across the board.

Again no disrespect, but life at times throws up horrible things and often it's better to just get on with it.

The Phil Hughes situation is sort of a precedence - all matches cancelled. I'm in two minds about this though ... one scenario they are throwing up is to cancel the Adel/Geel game and give both teams 4 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Phil Hughes situation is sort of a precedence - all matches cancelled. I'm in two minds about this though ... one scenario they are throwing up is to cancel the Adel/Geel game and give both teams 4 points.

This is never an easy thing to comment on and I don't want to cause any debate nor offend anyone but this is a slightly different matter. Phil Hughes death was directly related the sport he played, it happened on the field, it was televised and understandably cricketers didn't feel it was appropriate to play when he passed away.

Theres never a right or wrong answer in these situations.

Personally I feel as though the crows and the cats will get 2 points each and the other games will go ahead.

No doubt though the AFL just have to plan a contingency weekend before the finals as of next year so that in the event of a cancellation (for whatever reason that maybe) games can be played on the weekend if need be.

Michael Gleeson from the age has said that all other games at this stage will be played. Crows and Geelong game unlikely to be played with a possible rescheduling or splitting the points still up in the air.

Ellard out for blues. Whiley in. Clem Smith into emergencies. No news on Rowe yet.

No disrespect to Phil or his family but what ever happened to the show must go on?

Can understand not playing the Crows game (think playing would actually be unfair on both sides) but surely not a blanket cancellation across the board.

Again no disrespect, but life at times throws up horrible things and often it's better to just get on with it.

I agree and no disrespect either but it's doesn't make sense not to play.

Also players may want to play for him, I had a game once that I coached where a kid from the opposition team disappeared into a river on the Thursday night and was still missing on the Saturday their players wanted to play for that kid

I agree and no disrespect either but it's doesn't make sense not to play.

Also players may want to play for him, I had a game once that I coached where a kid from the opposition team disappeared into a river on the Thursday night and was still missing on the Saturday their players wanted to play for that kid

I played the day my mum died and in hindsight shouldn't have. My judgement was impaired and I was completely over the top angry towards all and sundry until I basically couldn't raise a gallop when all the rage burned of. Calm heads will hopefully prevail and make the right decision as to whether playing will be of any benefit in healing the club and its supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back