Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

There's an article on The Advertiser's website today, reporting an interview with Mark Ricciuto. Roo pretty much confirms that Walker's selection is a case of hitting the panic button. Here are some selected quotes:

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...e/news-story/a9ff2112cebbf4f6e348a14fb02a7b98

Walker has been rushed back ahead of schedule, cutting his "mini pre-season" short. They did this because the losses of Lynch & Laird, combined with Adelaide's ladder situation, made it imperative that he do so. He has not returned because he's magically returned to full fitness. They hit the panic button.
Can’t beleive these fools running our club still actually feel we are a chance this year... and are willing to send walker out there underdone to continue this delusion..

Especially after rushing back mcrouch and tex earlier on this year from injury and playing Sloane injured and see the results from such stupidity

Can’t beleive these fools running our club still actually feel we are a chance this year... and are willing to send walker out there underdone to continue this delusion..

Especially after rushing back mcrouch and tex earlier on this year from injury and playing Sloane injured and see the results from such stupidity
Somewhat bizarrely, we're probably only 2 games from having close to a full team. We should get Sloane, Knight, Lynch & Laird back after the break, and Tex hopefully won't be playing at 15% (like I expect to see on Sunday). At that point we'll only be missing Brouch & Smith, and they're both unlikely to see action this year. If we can stay in contact with the top-8 by the time we get to the break, things should start to look up in the back half of the season.

** This would require a massive turnaround in Adelaide's injury fortunes, with no new injuries (or extended recoveries) being added to the existing list. I think we all know how likely that is this year.

Oh just f*** off, match committee have either upped their prescription drugs intake this week or I’m pretty sure Scott Camporeale fathered a love child in Victoria in 1998 and the mother called the kid ‘Myles’

They seem to be giving Poholke a lot of opportunities.

He has a crack but not sure he has the other necessary attributes to compensate for an apparent lack of legspeed. To me can look a tad sluggish as the game wears on.

Why don't they give someone like Signorello a go and see how he is at the level? Or Gallucci at the very least.

How are Jarman and Edwards tracking in the SANFL?
He played a very good game in the wet vs Western Bulldogs and it seems to lessen his lack of pace.

Jarman will be delisted and Edwards is tracking pretty well.

Vader - you forgot McGovern.

Gov, Smith and BCrouch are bloody important players for us but you’re right, we can’t expect much out of the latter two this year.

I’m still hopeful Smith can get back before finals but who knows if we’ll be in any position to do much come September.

Of course we are still a chance.

Much like last year everyone is pretty close, and IF we get some players back we can still challenge. It makes the next 2 weeks vital. And again, Walker IS NOT injured. Underdone maybe, but not injured.

what the **** is that? i had turned off by that point

can not un-see
That's 180 games of experience combined with some elite run n carry. Can't put a price on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Hampton again, I thought he was maybe a chance to replace Laird. You would think he would offer more than Polholke
Definately card stamped

No Hampton again, I thought he was maybe a chance to replace Laird. You would think he would offer more than Polholke
Definately card stamped
Which is strange because he played earlier in the year and from memory we had fewer injury outs then.

Sandy out due to concussion..
Surely get ROB on the bird over and let sauce have a week off.
If we can't beat freo with no Sandy or Fyfe its definitely tank time, just because players are "coming back" doesn't mean they are 100% fit the Haas and Burton dreamteam have completely stuffed this season.

Of course we are still a chance.

Much like last year everyone is pretty close, and IF we get some players back we can still challenge. It makes the next 2 weeks vital. And again, Walker IS NOT injured. Underdone maybe, but not injured.
I said he was underdone... playing unfit/underdone is the best way to get injured.. that’s the whole point.

Wouldn’t get too worried about Poholke over Gallucci. Different roles. Poholke gives us a bit more defensively. It’s more interesting that Murphy seems to be ahead of Gallucci. Gooch will get his chance. None of these three are quite ready to be honest, so your not losing much when picking between them.

I said he was underdone... playing unfit/underdone is the best way to get injured.. that’s the whole point.
He would be lacking match fitness, but ACTUAL fitness shouldn't be an issue.

Play him close to goal and let Fog and JJ roam up field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back