Preview Changes vs ST KILDA. Elimination final preview (GABBA- Sat 3rd October). Happy now??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to a podcast during the week about this. On average there are about 5 more tackles per game (aboutan extra tackle a quarter) and the pressure gauge rises ever so slightly. Most of the extra pressure is just that it is the best teams playing and the bigger crowd. Given there is no real massive crowd, stats would indicate this isn't too big a deal.
Interesting, I've always been under the impression that it does. I guess I'm just perceiving it as such; big crowd, more to play for etc. Good to know.

Has Woody has his kid yet (heard Bruce has)? Could Vanders come in for Wood if they are due this weekend
Woody and Bruce committed to play even if they'd had to go to Perth. Same would apply now I would think.
Bruce's wife had a boy, they named him August, even though it was September ... :think:

Woody and Bruce committed to play even if they'd had to go to Perth. Same would apply now I would think.
Bruce's wife had a boy, they named him August, even though it was September ... :think:
September comes from the Latin meaning seven but it's the ninth month. Same deal with October, November, December (they mean 8, 9 and 10 respectively). :think: :think: :think::think:

The good news is that Josh Bruce only played 99 games for the Saints, so young Gus is all ours in 18 years time. :)
We just need to get another 84 games into his old man. Should be a fair chance if his form and body hold and he plays another 4 seasons (he'll be 32 by then).

Personally I think anyone saying Lippa or Richards need to be dropped ahead of Smith are crazy. Have any of you looked at the stats?

Season Ave
LippaRichSmithVanders
I501.72.51.22.7
Score4.83.12.63.5
Intercepts2.22.33.60.4
Disp eff74.165.370.966.7
Cont Poss5.655.22.4
Disp1611119.8
Tack2.41.912.2
Metres Gained194.8183.699.1232.5
Goal Assists0.40.40.40.2

Looking at this, and believing what was written earlier about Bevo wanting to move the ball quickly then I feel for him but Smith is the one who has to make way. Lippa and Richards move the ball more, have more score involvements, apply more pressure etc. Vanders looking at the stats hits the score board more then the others but that isn't represented above. If Vanders does come in he will take Richards spot in the fwd line and I would think Richards would take Smith's. That being said, and I really like Vanders, I don't know if there will be any changes this week.

Last edited:
I don't understand suggestions to drop Lipinski for an incoming replacement. He certainly wasn't our worst in the Elim Final last season and in his last start against Freo he was very good. I think he now understands what's expected of him from a team point of view and should only improve from here. More likely candidates for replacement in my opinion are Richards or RSmith.

I don't understand suggestions to drop Lipinski for an incoming replacement. He certainly wasn't our worst in the Elim Final last season and in his last start against Freo he was very good. I think he now understands what's expected of him from a team point of view and should only improve from here. More likely candidates for replacement in my opinion are Richards or RSmith.
If someone comes out I believe it'll be roarke. Can't imagine richards being dropped as he has kept his place all season despite worse games.

Do we know if the teams will be out tonight or are they still doing the night before announcements?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think anyone saying Lippa or Richards need to be dropped ahead of Smith are crazy. Have any of you looked at the stats?

Season Ave
LippaRichSmithVanders
I501.72.51.22.7
Score4.83.12.63.5
Intercepts2.22.33.60.4
Disp eff74.165.370.966.7
Cont Poss5.655.22.4
Disp1611119.8
Tack2.41.912.2
Metres Gained194.8183.699.1232.5
Goal Assists0.40.40.40.2

Looking at this, and believing what was written earlier about Bevo wanting to move the ball quickly then I feel for him but Smith is the one who has to make way. Lippa and Richards move the ball more, have more score involvements, apply more pressure etc. Vanders looking at the stats hits the score board more then the others but that isn't represented above. If Vanders does come in he will take Richards spot in the fwd line and I would think Richards would take Smith's. That being said, and I really like Vanders, I don't know if there will be any changes this week.

Agree, only change would be VDM for Roarke. Roarke has improved but VDM offers that point of difference and has a little X factor. Lipinski should play, he rarely makes a poor decision, does not go missing as much as the other 3. Richards is lucky, he has some X factor and speed. He can do things other can‘t and could turn a game but he just Goes missing too much. Let’s hope he plays and actually plays all 4 quarters. Roarke is unlucky.

I think we have more talent than the saints especially in our midfield. We will need to back in Tim and Josh Bruce to compete in the ruck they will not win the hit outs but we need to limit the number of effective ones cannot be 20-3 like last time. If we can do this and our guys trust the process and our game style I firmly believe we have the weapons to get it done. Good luck to Bevo, Bont and the guys just do it.

I understand why he's wearing the helmet, and fully support him doing it. But, bloody hell, that look does not scream "I'm an AFL footballer"!!! :D
He's a multidisciplinary sportsman. Probably expecting a wet track on Saturday.
1601535701187.png

Is Dickson available as in retiring at the end of the season, or has he retired immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back