Opinion Changes vs West Coast OUT: Sheridan (inj) Grey IN: Spurr Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you bring in for Spurr though? Do we leave Nyhuis forward for the rest of the year?

Tabs has to come in. We ll struggle against West Coast if we keep the same forward line. Got over the line today, just.

Suban has to stay, he's been really good for Fyfe and Neale. Provides the toughness and enables Fyfe to focus on his and a bit more

In: Langdon, Mundy, Taberner,
Out: Gray, Sheridan, Ballas,

Ballas out. Why are we persisting with him?

Funny the bloke who has worked hard in WAFL only barely got a game today, but Ballas gets free pass all the time.

Ballas out. Why are we persisting with him?

Funny the bloke who has worked hard in WAFL only barely got a game today, but Ballas gets free pass all the time.

The same can be said about a few others also. Hoping Nyhuis' game today opens the eyes between the inner walls of the club.

The problem with Ballantyne is I don't think he should be dropped based on his last 2 weeks - but it's more so the fact that we can't be playing him, with Grey and Crozier when all of them have the same job off the ball but as a collective don't offer much with the ball (or haven't been). The only one who really does anything good with the ball is Crozier. It seems like a waste.

The same can be said about a few others also. Hoping Nyhuis' game today opens the eyes between the inner walls of the club.

The problem with Ballantyne is I don't think he should be dropped based on his last 2 weeks - but it's more so the fact that we can't be playing him, with Grey and Crozier when all of them have the same job off the ball but as a collective don't offer much with the ball (or haven't been). The only one who really does anything good with the ball is Crozier. It seems like a waste.

Ballas has been good in the last two weeks prior. On that point I give him a pass, but can we work with him, Grey & Crozier in the team ?.

If Grey is injured, Ballas should hold his spot, simply to stir up the Eagles.

Im not a Suban hater but he was destroyed today by Higgins. Id go
In: Taberner, Mundy, Langdon, De Luca (if he doesn't get suspended) Suban stays in if he does.
Out: Sheridan, Grey, Suban, Kersten
Those changes would make us a very quick young team.

It will be touch and go between Kersten and Tabs at the selection table rather than bigfooty. Id play Tabs and instruct him to play a decoy role to Mcgovern if Kennedy comes back and Jeremy plays back as Andrew's son was easily best on ground the last time we met in my view.
Nyhuis to play on Yeo if he plays back as Yeo who also destroyed us last time. Blakely to go on ball if Yeo spends time onball.

Also if Johno is injured then Collins comes into the team. He looked injured late in the game to me.

Last edited:
Tab should be in for Kersten. Kersten disposal average 7-8 a game.
Time to give Tab parents a break , he did perform well for peel.

Last edited:
Out: Sheridan (Hamstring) Grey (Shoulder) Hamling (Hip?)

In: Mundy, Collins, Bennell.

No point playing Bennell in the WAFL. Get him in and give him a sniff. Ballas better do something or hurt someone. Pissed me off with his effort today.

Outs
Shero (inj, hamstring), Grey (inj, shoulder), Hamling (inj, hip), Walters (susp)*

*I hope not, but the replay didn't look great, and he already has 1 low impact fine this season I think

Ins
Mundy, Collins, Tabs, Deluca-Cardillo (if not suspended for the WAFL incident yesterday) or Balic
We'd be taller than today, but don't see that will hurt us as a number of the talls are fairly pacy and Wet Toast are likely to go tall too.

No point playing Bennell in the WAFL. Get him in and give him a sniff. Ballas better do something or hurt someone. Pissed me off with his effort today.

He's played about 17 good games outside of WA in his life. No surprises really, he'll bounce back this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tab should be in for Kersten. Kersten disposal average 7-8 a game.
Time to give Tab parents a break , he did perform well for peel.
Big opportunity for Tabs this week.Kersten has been average at best.Trying to play a decoy role against Mcgovern usually doesn't work You need to make sure he doesn't take uncontested marks because like Harry Taylor he will always run to the right spots.If Taberner has to be led to the ball by him then so be it.[providing he gets a game of course]

Anyone calling for kersten to be dropped isn't being sincere. If McCarthy played the same game people would be more positive..we all know it.

Out: sherro & grey
In: Mundy & Tabs( rotating with darcy)

Id love deluca in. In the lucid dream it be for ballas. Won't happen tho

Pretty clear indication from Freo that Bennell won't be in next week, they want him playing WAFL finals and he needs another 4 games to qualify

Is Balic ready to step back in. It was said that they wouldn't let his leave count against him in selection.

What's with the drop Suban calls? Didn't do too much wrong and laid a massive 10 tackles.

We look like a different team pressure-wise with him back in. Shouldn't be dropped.

I love Grey but there might be a few players ahead of him in the seconds at present... Langdon, Balic, Taberner to name a few.

Suban has to stay, he's been really good for Fyfe and Neale. Provides the toughness and enables Fyfe to focus on his and a bit more.

Why on earth would we keep Suban in when he has no part in our future, we have other superior players returning and his performance today was WOG or close to it?

Why on earth would we keep Suban in when he has no part in our future

You know what our future entails do you?

Potentially has more of a future than Ballantyne, Sheridan, Kertsten and possibly Johnson (Retirement) after this season who are in the B22 right now, for what it's worth he got unlucky with some umpiring decisions today but that aside he has been a healthy contribution since returning.

Why on earth would we keep Suban in when he has no part in our future, we have other superior players returning and his performance today was WOG or close to it?
He's only 27. If we want to keep developing younger guys, he ll provide the hard grunt and support to help them through. Blakely has excelled even more having Suban doing the tough tackling and hard work.
Today Higgins did hardly much. Ziebell too.

Eagles defence really struggle today with tall forwards- particularly Dixon.
Last derby, McGovern had something like 8 intercept marks in the first half alone. Can't let that happen again, having Taberner/Kersten helps a long way.

Also, really hope Hamling is fine. Kennedy will probably come in for them so he's the best option. Collins will get slaughtered, unfortunately

Out: Sheridan (inj), Grey (Inj), Kersten, Suban
In: Balic, Mundy, Taberner, Langdon

Mundy is a non-argument but I want to find a way to get Balic and Langdon back into the side.

I'm not Tabs biggest fan but id rather him than Kersten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back