Universal Love Charles Cameron Appreciation Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hitting another level, goals aren't worthy of significant exuberance. Still can't predict where this kid's ceiling is. The power that is packed into that physique is amazing and combined with his speed and leap, jeepers.
I love the way when he wins a clearance he's off and no one can catch him

And of the indigenous boys we have he's not the one that reminds me of Macca, Jnr is the one that's got that title.

I've posted before that Macca glided across the ground as if the laws of physics didn't apply. CC looks more like he's been shot out of a cannon.

I've posted before that Macca glided across the ground as if the laws of physics didn't apply. CC looks more like he's been shot out of a cannon.
Wonder if charlie is faster than macca pre knee issues ... i think charlie definitely has better acceleration. .. maybe top speed is the same.

There is a bit of Byron Pickett about Cameron in terms of the amount of raw power he gets for his size if you want a somewhat comparison.

Choppy was a superb sniper though. Not in the sense of the modern slur, more the way the pros go about their business without anyone realising they're actually there until it's far too late. CC i don't think has that in him, not that you could afford to these days.

Isn't it funny that after years of hearing speed doesn't matter, it's speed of ball movement that counts that we've gone out and brought in a heap of speed.

Betts said words to this affect on his morning 5AA spot. Milera looks smooth but not thst quick but is actually moving very fast. Cameron looks fast and is very fast.

Also mentioned that CC thought the ball was touched and had a bit of a chuckle about the situation.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't it funny that after years of hearing speed doesn't matter, it's speed of ball movement that counts that we've gone out and brought in a heap of speed.
And we have improved our ball movement by foot too. We have accumulated players that can kick and are working on delivery by foot.

That is an exciting combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was Matty Lloyd who said on Footy Classified that Charlie is 'Elite' now.
Yes he said that.

Lloydy doesn't usually bandy the elite word around lightly.

Certainly his pace is elite. I reckon his tackling is elite too. He can kick accurately delivering the ball. He needs to learn how to do this consistently to be a well rounded player.

every time the AFL changes some rules the archetypal player and squad changes with it.

Apparently Charlie is a pretty serious little dude. Not really into joking around and can be a bit grumpy. Proberbly why he has pushed himself to become so good so early. Takes s**t seriously they say.
I've been told he's learning to relax a bit but it's still very tightly wound.

I think we're about to see a real breakout game from Charlie. I'm talking what Sunday could have been with straight kicking. He wasn't far off a 25, 5 goal game and that's something few players can do.

I didn't think we'd see consistency from him, but I think he's about to explode.

I've been told he's learning to relax a bit but it's still very tightly wound.

I think we're about to see a real breakout game from Charlie. I'm talking what Sunday could have been with straight kicking. He wasn't far off a 25, 5 goal game and that's something few players can do.

I didn't think we'd see consistency from him, but I think he's about to explode.
Been really impressed with Charlies growth from shy teen to an adult. Saw him after the match in the riverside bar saying how the supporters group forgot to put him on the banner for his 50 games, and how he would of been happy with even a little corner for a mention. Showed great humour and looked Theo in the eyes and thanked the fans. Complete opposite from how shy he was when he started and Eddie had to tell him not to play with his dick when on camera :D

Apparently Charlie is a pretty serious little dude. Not really into joking around and can be a bit grumpy. Proberbly why he has pushed himself to become so good so early. Takes s**t seriously they say.
Wasn't very happy that the "Jets" nickname stuck haha.

Choppy was a superb sniper though. Not in the sense of the modern slur, more the way the pros go about their business without anyone realising they're actually there until it's far too late. CC i don't think has that in him, not that you could afford to these days.

He was very good at that. One of those Port players in that era i didn't want to like, but found myself liking.

CC probably doesn't, but he's pretty intimidating which is a start. The play where the Geelong player just completely s**t himself when Charlie ran at him last season really sticks out to me in that regard.

Doesn't surprise me, he seems quite wound up all the time.

Also probably why he prefers to be called Charles instead of Charlie... feels more "grown up" for him

It's a bit like the Gibbs thing. Why not have organic growth PLUS Gibbs.

Can we have fleet of foot AND speed of ball movement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back