Chris Scott has a go at Gerard Healy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah for crying out loud (much like Scott really) let's get some facts into this. I was at the game on Friday and the crowd was pretty silent while Hawkins was being taken off the ground. I wasn't close enought to the race to hear any folls make stupid comments but wouldn't doubt it happened as it does at any venue. Like any other crowd they applauded and were pleased when the TV showed him up and about. If idiots did make comment then they deserve whatever gets thrown at them but the 99.9999% of the crowd that did nothing wrong do not deserve to be abused by someone like Scott. As an example, our block had a Geelong suppoter who had obviously been given or bought a couple of members teckets and he was loud, obnoxious and intent on stirring up the WCE members around him. He was politely asked to take it easy but continued to yell abuse and scream until the game changed and he went a bit quieter. If someone had blamed the entire Geelong supporter base for his actions they would have screamed blue murder and rightly so.

The bottom line is Scott whinged even before the game, then whinged after the game even though he acknowledged his team benefitted from free kicks. To make matters worse, he even made a claim today that Adam Selwood was lucky he didn't get charged for the clash of heads between Adam and Joel. Maybe tongue in cheek but who knows with this serial whinger.

What is disappointing is that journos whip this whole thing up to make a story. It is a comment from one bad loser and it has suddenly become fact...what rubbish. There is no question that the crowds in Adelaide and Perth are one sided and louder due to their home games and therefore numbers advantage but that is where it ends. As far as Chris Scott goes...just think yourself lucky you inherited a class ready made team and stop whinging.

HAVE. A. *******. CRY.

:rolleyes:

I would have thought most footy fans are bogans. whether cashed up or not. have you seen the threads about homosexuals and favourite bands on bigfooty?

then again, who says BF is representative of all footy fans?

Ah for crying out loud (much like Scott really) let's get some facts into this. I was at the game on Friday and the crowd was pretty silent while Hawkins was being taken off the ground. I wasn't close enought to the race to hear any folls make stupid comments but wouldn't doubt it happened as it does at any venue.
Did Scott say the abuse happened when Hawkins was carried off ?
I think you might find the abuse came later when Hawkins came back and sat on the bench with the medical staff.

This is true, he was dirty on field now he agrees with Selwood decision. He is a sook hey?
Check his presser today for his view on it
Lol at Worsfold getting all precious. His view on Friday was it was nothing, now he has changed his tune.

Guess he didn't like what Chris said either. Haha Worsfold-SOOK

Soooo that press conference your talking about never happened did it? So you guys actually made up a fake presser to try to make woosha look bad?
Thats pretty sad... But very geelong like of you.

These Scott brothers, apart from having an annoying lisp, are becoming massive whiners..especially the north one.

To be fair, somebody with their level of influence has to bloody do it. You wont catch Gerard or all his media cronies whingeing as they are all on the AFL payroll. Suprised Rohan Connelly still has his accreditation after a couple of (very good) articles qquestioning the AFL.

Gotta laugh at BigFooty. All and sundry on this site (myself included) are always moaning about how the AFL is ruining the game from all corners. Yet when a few coaches question them, they are labelled as moaners themselves.

I dont particularly like the Scott brothers much, never have. But Im bloody glad they are speaking out.

Ah for crying out loud (much like Scott really) let's get some facts into this. I was at the game on Friday and the crowd was pretty silent while Hawkins was being taken off the ground. I wasn't close enought to the race to hear any folls make stupid comments but wouldn't doubt it happened as it does at any venue. Like any other crowd they applauded and were pleased when the TV showed him up and about. If idiots did make comment then they deserve whatever gets thrown at them but the 99.9999% of the crowd that did nothing wrong do not deserve to be abused by someone like Scott. As an example, our block had a Geelong suppoter who had obviously been given or bought a couple of members teckets and he was loud, obnoxious and intent on stirring up the WCE members around him. He was politely asked to take it easy but continued to yell abuse and scream until the game changed and he went a bit quieter. If someone had blamed the entire Geelong supporter base for his actions they would have screamed blue murder and rightly so.

The bottom line is Scott whinged even before the game, then whinged after the game even though he acknowledged his team benefitted from free kicks. To make matters worse, he even made a claim today that Adam Selwood was lucky he didn't get charged for the clash of heads between Adam and Joel. Maybe tongue in cheek but who knows with this serial whinger.

What is disappointing is that journos whip this whole thing up to make a story. It is a comment from one bad loser and it has suddenly become fact...what rubbish. There is no question that the crowds in Adelaide and Perth are one sided and louder due to their home games and therefore numbers advantage but that is where it ends. As far as Chris Scott goes...just think yourself lucky you inherited a class ready made team and stop whinging.

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I think we need to have a private section for all West Australians and lock them in there..............if i never heard from a West Coast supporter again my life would be that little bit better i reckon.

Best thing about West Australians they are doing all the hard work for our economy with their little mining boom. They are building our roads and hospitals. Aw Thanks guys!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many inaccuracies, it's hard to take any of what you have said seriously.

Did you read Scott's comments pre-match? Or did you read someone saying he 'whinged' on the Eagle board and ate it up? Go and have a read, please.

How can someone saying they got the better of umpiring be whinging? Is he not allowed to comment on an atrociously officiated match, the same opinion as what a vast majority of posters on this board have expressed? Geelong, West Coast, neutral.

What is disappointing is that journos whip this whole thing up to make a story.

And you have gobbled it up. Attributed things to Scott which he has not even done.

It is a comment from one bad loser and it has suddenly become fact...what rubbish. There is no question that the crowds in Adelaide and Perth are one sided and louder due to their home games and therefore numbers advantage but that is where it ends. As far as Chris Scott goes...just think yourself lucky you inherited a class ready made team and stop whinging.

Your quite lengthy post is one inaccurate whinge.

Soooo that press conference your talking about never happened did it? So you guys actually made up a fake presser to try to make woosha look bad?
Thats pretty sad... But very geelong like of you.

I saw a poster reference it earlier. Apparently Worsfold's comments were that the rule had been around for 2 years, and he agreed that Selwood should be cited.

Good to see Chris Scott is still a loathed man in WA after four days have passed. God, bring on the next round to give these impotent sooks something new to obsess over.
Pretty sure if you go back and watch it again, we won. And are higher on the ladder than you. Maybe if Chris spent more time focusing on his team and less on ours, your boys might have got up. Look at a team like Sydney...no whingeing before the game, no whingeing after the game, no rubbish about the crowds, jst came here and got the job done. Class team, maybe Chris could take some notes.

I saw a poster reference it earlier. Apparently Worsfold's comments were that the rule had been around for 2 years, and he agreed that Selwood should be cited.

From his press conference after the match on Friday.

"Different rules between brothers. That goes outside the MRP or tribunal; you just call it brothers rules."

After all your posts telling people to watch the Scott presser, that's what you're going with...really? There was no presser, he was on Channel 7, and he simply acknowledged that the rule had been in place for two years. Typical Woosha straight bat...didn't comment on the umpire's decision once a report had been made, didn't get involved in Geelong's business.

Besides, he made his position clear on Friday, when he said there was nothing in it, so trying to drag Woosha into this is disingenuous.

Pretty sure if you go back and watch it again, we won. And are higher on the ladder than you. Maybe if Chris spent more time focusing on his team and less on ours, your boys might have got up. Look at a team like Sydney...no whingeing before the game, no whingeing after the game, no rubbish about the crowds, jst came here and got the job done. Class team, maybe Chris could take some notes.

Yes, you won, yet many of your supporters have spent the aftermath obsessing over comments by Chris Scott. I've defended the Subiaco crowd in other threads and I actually like West Coast. I'm just bemused by seeing three threads dedicated to slagging off Chris Scott for one ill-considered remark.

Yes, you won, yet many of your supporters have spent the aftermath obsessing over comments by Chris Scott. I've defended the Subiaco crowd in other threads and I actually like West Coast. I'm just bemused by seeing three threads dedicated to slagging off Chris Scott for one ill-considered remark.
To be fair, it wasn't an Eagles fan that started the thread about both Scotts. Eagles fans aren't obsessed, they're just a little p***ed at his inaccurate remarks, which would have been forgotten if he had backed away from them. Instead, he's running with them, making official complaints and so on.

What's annoying me is I've traditionally liked both North and Geelong, the Roos for their fighting spirit and the Cats because of our two teams' history. The Scotts ARE becoming annoying (and look through the threads, it's hardly just the Eagles fans sticking it to them) and it's making it very hard to like two otherwise likeable teams.

Lol holding Worsfold up as a paragon of virtue. The perceived failings of Scott indeed pale into insignificance compared to the goings on that have flourished under his reign.

What are you talking about?

Why bring Woosha's playing record from twenty years ago into this? and as a coach he doesn't give much away when pressed, and doesn't give it freely to begin with. He is one of the few coaches that conduct themself's well with the media.

To be fair, it wasn't an Eagles fan that started the thread about both Scotts. Eagles fans aren't obsessed, they're just a little p***ed at his inaccurate remarks, which would have been forgotten if he had backed away from them. Instead, he's running with them, making official complaints and so on.

What's annoying me is I've traditionally liked both North and Geelong, the Roos for their fighting spirit and the Cats because of our two teams' history. The Scotts ARE becoming annoying (and look through the threads, it's hardly just the Eagles fans sticking it to them) and it's making it very hard to like two otherwise likeable teams.

See this just reeks of that "different mentality".

Inferiority complex.

Did you see david kings analysis of wce on afl insider?

Summary: eagles are s**t.

Hope to see you in september.

Yet another shithouse thread. Scott speaks his mind and does so thoughtfully, eloquently yet forcefully, which sets him apart from 95% of the AFL collective. I expect Geelong players know exactly where they stand with him in charge.

Lots of talk about Worsfold playing a straight bat, being stoic etc. He does those things because he's dull, has no imagination and knows if he did start waxing about what he really thought, he'd do so in clumsy, confusing manner. He knows his limitations, I'll give him that. Scott's candour is refreshing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back