• A player who wishes they were going

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • A drunk player who is happy to stay

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Mackay

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Heavily front ended, averaged out to what hes on now for 3 years with a 4th and 5th trigger. Incentives for BnF etc etc.

I'd question whether his current form warrants the same level of contract he's on now. Especially if there are no other clubs knocking down his door. But I suppose it's not like we have a whole bunch of players with form warranting fat new contracts, so might as well front load him for a year or two to keep everybody happy.

I can’t see anyway Brad will get a band 1 salary going forward.
This is a bit out there but is it possible for us to tip in an extra 200k of brad's salary to take it from say 600k to 800k. There are lots of precedents for clubs paying part of a players salary after they leave. It costs us 200k a year but could guarantee pick 2. Do the free agency compensation pick rules cover this situation?

This is a bit out there but is it possible for us to tip in an extra 200k of brad's salary to take it from say 600k to 800k. There are lots of precedents for clubs paying part of a players salary after they leave. It costs us 200k a year but could guarantee pick 2. Do the free agency compensation pick rules cover this situation?
No, there are rules that cover that.

Today has contributed to my opinion that we get pick 2 compo for Brad or we keep him. Obviously, we would still lose with his inclusion but there's losing and there's losing whilst getting your arsehole out ripped out. And Brad helps us prevent the later occurring. So if they want Brad they can pay the piper.

Only major complication is our confidence level in his ability to stay injury free.

Back