List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I class Levi Casboult as a Tasmanian, since he was born and bred there, lived there until he was 15, and I'm surprised the Tassie football authorities don't "claim" him!
Normally, the media is on top of that ASAP. By media, I mean Tasmania’s local media.

For example, Ryley Sanders.

Even the swimmer, Titmuss, is claimed and she left at 14.

They love their footy but I doubt they will have the sponsors. It will end up being financed by government agencies.
In regards to the talent pool, the state has it. The list of current players might be underwhelming but it goes in waves. Two premiership players came from the state this year, 3-4 Tassie kids will go in the first round (Leake, McKercher, Sanders all definite firsts, possibly Schoenmaker). Like every club in the AFL, Tassie will recruit from elsewhere. Gold Coast’s and GWS’ footy stocks were dismal when they entered.

Of course sponsors will come on board. 90% of the state follows footy and sponsors will want to get behind them. They had Mars lining up at one point to sponsor them and then Zap wanted to offer big bucks (it’s a gym chain in some states for anyone wondering).

Tassie isn’t a new Aussie rules market. There’s a strong and established community that exists. People don’t turn out in great numbers to current matches because the sides they send down are woeful and not worth it. This year’s highlight was Hawthorn v West Coast when it was the spoon bowl. Who really wants to witness the annual Hawthorn-Brisbane game in Launceston or North Melbourne lose spectacularly at an oval with poor access when it’s on Kayo?

In regards to the talent pool, the state has it. The list of current players might be underwhelming but it goes in waves. Two premiership players came from the state this year, 3-4 Tassie kids will go in the first round (Leake, McKercher, Sanders all definite firsts, possibly Schoenmaker). Like every club in the AFL, Tassie will recruit from elsewhere. Gold Coast’s and GWS’ footy stocks were dismal when they entered.

Of course sponsors will come on board. 90% of the state follows footy and sponsors will want to get behind them. They had Mars lining up at one point to sponsor them and then Zap wanted to offer big bucks (it’s a gym chain in some states for anyone wondering).

Tassie isn’t a new Aussie rules market. There’s a strong and established community that exists. People don’t turn out in great numbers to current matches because the sides they send down are woeful and not worth it. This year’s highlight was Hawthorn v West Coast when it was the spoon bowl. Who really wants to witness the annual Hawthorn-Brisbane game in Launceston or North Melbourne lose spectacularly at an oval with poor access when it’s on Kayo?
What’s the biggest crowd they could get?

What’s the biggest crowd they could get?
The new stadium will have a capacity of 23,000. Biggest crowd I’ve seen is 15,000-17,000. That happened in 2015 when Collingwood played Hawthorn in the former NAB Cup. Aurora Stadium (now UTAS) was packed! Most of the fans were Collingwood supporters, too. If more fans travel to the state to attend, it should see an increase in crowd numbers, too. The spoon bowl clash drew 10,000 fans this year so no reason why 14-15,000 each week couldn’t be expected when there’s a home cheer squad - Hawthorn’s has died off considerably in Tasmania - and more fans on board. Blockbuster games or games between big Victorian clubs should sell-out.

The new stadium will have a capacity of 23,000. Biggest crowd I’ve seen is 15,000-17,000. That happened in 2015 when Collingwood played Hawthorn in the former NAB Cup. Aurora Stadium (now UTAS) was packed! Most of the fans were Collingwood supporters, too. If more fans travel to the state to attend, it should see an increase in crowd numbers, too. The spoon bowl clash drew 10,000 fans this year so no reason why 14-15,000 each week couldn’t be expected when there’s a home cheer squad - Hawthorn’s has died off considerably in Tasmania - and more fans on board. Blockbuster games or games between big Victorian clubs should sell-out.

Wow

I feel like I’m having just such a conversation right now, because your insane ramblings are completely irrelevant to the subject at hand.

giphy.gif
Subject at hand is whether NFL footballers are elite athletes.
I am not willing to concede this when it is blatantly obvious that roids are prevalent in the NFL.
I point out to you that the whole world is trying to cheat the system and get get on the gear -
this proves how much of a difference maker they are. You call this incoherent ramblings.
I ask you if you have any personal experience - I know guys who have gone from anonymous weight/power
lifters in the gym, to competing nationally after getting on the gear. You reply to this with insults and then
get offended when i follow the tone you have set.

I counted 30,000-34,000.

Are you that immeasurably ignorant ?
You don't think there is a serious reason why countless athletes around the world, elite athletes, are continuously trying to cheat the system with steroids ? Elite athletes are knowingly putting their health at serious risk in order to get results. Whole countries and clubs go into full on illegal supplement programs ?
Illegal supplement benefits far far far outweigh any 9 kg padding disadvantage.
Have you ever conversed with people that have juiced up ?
You GTFOOH boy.
I was at a bar many years ago having a dry ginger ale and there was these bikies there that made Arnold look like popeye. I walked over to them and said, WTF you blokes drinking, you look like you've been chiseled from pure muscle and one of them stood up and came right up to me and just Growled at me, like a lion , he growled at me the prick, his veins were sticking out his neck. That's my experience with juiced up dudes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at a bar many years ago having a dry ginger ale and there was these bikies there that made Arnold look like popeye. I walked over to them and said, WTF you blokes drinking, you look like you've been chiseled from pure muscle and one of them stood up and came right up to me and just Growled at me, like a lion , he growled at me the prick, his veins were sticking out his neck. That's my experience with juiced up dudes
This reminds me of those bikies from South Park who go around making the loud motor bike noises 🤣

My memory was of Cox single handedly winning us the match, however:

The Magpies ambushed the Tigers in the opening term, kicking five goals to one, with Cox playing a role in helping to bring the ball to ground.

But it was what transpired in the second term was remarkable.

The forward/backup ruckman took three towering marks - and kicked three game-defining goals - in the space of 11 minutes in the second term.

His goals came at the two, five and 11-minutes marks, with the difference pushing out to 42 points, which was effectively game over.”
I'm watching the GF replay after dinner.
Might watch this game as an entree.

This reminds me of those bikies from South Park who go around making the loud motor bike noises 🤣
They were alright, just one of them had a bit of roid rage he needed to get out his system, his mates just laughed and It's not the sort of pub you would start any trouble

I remember that.

Is there a attached risk with tassie kids as now with the new franchise on the way? They'll be raiding clubs of any Tassie born talent with a big go home factor and cash to splash. Seen there is a few this year.

While there’s always a “go home” risk, the Tassie team will be loaded up with some sensational draft concessions, so should we draft a kid from there and they do opt to go home, we’ll be very well compensated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back