List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something will have to give at the Bulldogs in the next few years. They won't be able to pay everyone and it doesn't seem like an environment where players are going to take unders.

Jamarra has a lot of mates at the pies... very close with Reef. Incentive to push Reef more in the starting side all next year? I think he could be the player we are really targeting.

The same could have been said about De Goey and look how that ended up. :grinv1:
If half the rumours surrounding Oliver are true, Jordy is a saint compared to him.

Funny innit. The trade targets linked to us have chosen to go other clubs, despite the fact the #1 transformative benefit of our club is 'culture'.

Speaks loads about the individual I reckon. Putting money (and potentially a shorter career) ahead of team success and a place where all feel welcome.

If we trade, I hope we trade for individuals who buy into this and seek to take their career to new heights.

Funny innit. The trade targets linked to us have chosen to go other clubs, despite the fact the #1 transformative benefit of our club is 'culture'.

Speaks loads about the individual I reckon. Putting money (and potentially a shorter career) ahead of team success and a place where all feel welcome.

If we trade, I hope we trade for individuals who buy into this and seek to take their career to new heights.
If you're talking about say Doedee then surely you can understand his position?

He's just off his second reco. If Brisbane offered him 5 years at "whatever" and we only offered 3 years then you can understand why he would take the 5, particularly to go to a club also in contention that also has a good culture (barring Zorko)?

If you're talking about say Doedee then surely you can understand his position?

He's just off his second reco. If Brisbane offered him 5 years at "whatever" and we only offered 3 years then you can understand why he would take the 5, particularly to go to a club also in contention that also has a good culture (barring Zorko)?
Good culture? You'd hear nothing but Hillbilly music and be coached by Grandpa Simpson. 5 years sounds like pergatory.

Something will have to give at the Bulldogs in the next few years. They won't be able to pay everyone and it doesn't seem like an environment where players are going to take unders.

Jamarra has a lot of mates at the pies... very close with Reef. Incentive to push Reef more in the starting side all next year? I think he could be the player we are really targeting.
I’d be thrilled if we could get Jamarra next year, kid is gonna be a gun if he isn’t already and away from Bevoland he’ll be even better.

Josh Gabelich saying on SEN that Collingwood is being linked to Xavier Duursma.
Definitely talented, but injury prone and a bit soft at times. If the price is right (2nd rounder) he could be a good choice.

We're talking 2 players. Goldstein is at the end, so cashing in seems smart to me, particularly as he might have gotten a longer contract offer.

Doedee had two top teams to choose from. May just want to live in Bris more than Melbourne. Judging them by these choices is ridiculous. Also may have gotten a longer offer which would be significant with his knees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might not be the most “attractive” name going round, and if we can (somehow) put Saturday aside, I think Darcy Gardiner would be worth a look into. Yes he’s not a great interceptor, rebounding type, but with our current stock a genuine stopper to free up our better interceptors would suit our backline nicely I think.

Only played 3-4 games this year as Brisbane seem to prefer Payne, and have seemingly won the race for Doedee. Only 28 and put in some great performances against Curnow and Mihocek in the last 2 games of the season

View attachment 1822225
Think someone got the wrong memo. Not a trustworthy user anymore I guess.
Look, I get that you guys are pleased that Naughton has signed on and you’ve got the head wobbles going, but you should probably be reminded that long term deals aren’t necessarily a guarantee of a player being there for that full term. Grundy, Treloar and now Oliver should all be a reminder of how fraught with danger these kind of contracts can be.

Josh Gabelich saying on SEN that Collingwood is being linked to Xavier Duursma.
Definitely talented, but injury prone and a bit soft at times. If the price is right (2nd rounder) he could be a good choice.
Our second round pick will be in the 40's lol can we take the nuffy glasses off for a second. They aren't accepting that

Word is Collingwood offered 10 years on similar money, he turned it down to stay at the Dogs.
The voices inside your head are not a reliable source.

If they're stupid enough to s8gn naughton for life then I have no doubt they would be stupid enough to do that with JUH. You'd think they would have learned something by watching us win the flag without players on lifetime contracts
cough Daicos brothers cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back