List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes and imagine we didn't have the F/S (Daicos') and Academy selections (Quaynor), we'd be exceptionally light on wins in the draft.

Hard to know. We don’t have those guys then we have a different strategy going into the draft.

Hawks got the exact same compo North got, compo always falls the pick after the team's pick in the relevant round (as indicated by the ladder for bottom 10 sides or their post-finals position for top 8 sides).

I never got why people complained about it tbh, the compo system is what it is and is meant to benefit players leaving clubs at the bottom of the ladder more than those at the top.

Upgraded the capacity to provide specific picks after the Buddy deal went through. They’d get a much higher compensation now than they did then.

Upgraded the capacity to provide specific picks after the Buddy deal went through. They’d get a much higher compensation now than they did then.
It's a very strange system - clubs who finish below the bloke who is poached effectively pay a trade cost by having their picks downgraded.

Initially I wasn't happy with pick 33 but I did hear Adams contract was back ended don't know if it was mentioned in hear.
If you take that in consideration its a good deal for us
Yes but we aren’t doing anything with the cap space this year, you could have brought his payments forward and saved cap space next year and had the same effect.

Pretty disappointed with the trade, but I’ll hold onto hope that there is a plan.

Also can’t believe we pay Grundys salary and Melbourne get the picks! We should get a third of their picks.

So Ginnivan rumours return. Watch this space. This trade period is still young.

If Murphy retires, I can't imagine us not finding a spare defender sitting around.
I don’t see a scenario in today’s age, where the doctors assess him and clear him to play anymore football. The AFL will want to show they are doing the right thing. Best we start looking for a replacement, won’t be easy though. He’s been a star.

They need scrap compo picks.

Plenty of sports lose players and rebound it's just more handout rubbish.

Swings and Roundabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo gets jack s**t. Schultz is an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT. He walks. They get bananas. He ain’t sticking around at a club that has been shafting him. Best they take our pick 33.

You really need to learn a bit about the rules. The all caps makes this post dumber.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

P
This guy is has such a weird obsession with ginni and wanting him traded. Go support another team you pissant
Pissant! It is such a funny sledge to be honest. What are it's origins? What does it actually mean?

Like, does it refer to an offensive variety of ant? Or is an insult in another language? Or an insult from like the 1200s or something in old English or French? I honestly don't get it.

Haven’t done a 2k in a while, I’m afraid.

5km is 20:49 and 10km is 43:19. I think Ginni likely has me covered there. But they both were set this year and I’m not done yet!

Those times are pretty close to each other in terms of Riegel race predictions- essentially 1.06 x 10/5 to go up or 5/10/1.06 to down. I still think you can go faster at both!

Hopefully the penny dropped for Ginni when he trained harder in season this year and saw some benefits. Am guessing he hasn’t yet come close to properly getting to his limits. Hopefully he attaches himself to a decent running partner for the summer.

He's a very good player.
He's contracted.

You always have to pay more to get contracted players.

No doubt there will be genuine sulks on here because we've given 19 and another pick for him. It's just how trading works.
Except when the contracted player plays for Collingwood.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

P

Pissant! It is such a funny sledge to be honest. What are it's origins? What does it actually mean?

Like, does it refer to an offensive variety of ant? Or is an insult in another language? Or an insult from like the 1200s or something in old English or French? I honestly don't get it.

You made me look it up. Quite an apt insult in this case.

They need scrap compo picks.

Plenty of sports lose players and rebound it's just more handout rubbish.

Swings and Roundabouts.

Without compo, free agency would mean crappy clubs like North would need even more handouts. They should alter the formula so future contracts aren’t graded against this year’s salary cap. That is why North’s McKay compo seems so large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back