List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this may have been discussed about 400 pages ago, but just to remind myself, I'm hoping someone can help me with this...

So the rule is that, with future pick trading, that you have to make "2 first round selections in a 4 year period."

So, what we've done so far:

2014: De Goey, Moore
2015: Nil
2016: Nil* (*unless we trade one in this trade period)
2017: Currently have our first round pick. In theory we should be able to trade this away provided we trade in an additional 2018 first round pick to go with the one we will already have (i.e make two first round selections in 2018).

So, my question is (provided the above is correct) can we trade away our 2017 first rounder on the 'promise' that next year we will trade for an extra 2018 first round pick from another club?

The rule says (and I'm not sure of the exact wording) that there will be "punishment" if a club doesn't make these 2 selections in the 4 year period. Does it say anywhere what this punishment is?

Obviously if we trade in a first this year, that changes things again.

The rule about using 2 1st rounders in a 4 year period only started in 2015. Moore and DeGoey don't count.

Last edited:
Pardon my lack of knowledge on the Lions players but is Green the little Ranga with heaps of pace?
Very similar player to Puopolo. Much faster and more of a goal kicker than Blair.

Didn't have a great year but will come cheaply and could shine in a team that prides itself on forward pressure.

This Cloke willing to take half his pay angle is getting a bit tired. He's not taking less but slightly more by getting the extra year. He knows if he stays at Pies he'd be done by the end of this year. (450k in one v 500k over two)

Careful people dont put you on ignore for saying that

Rory Lobb and Jesse Hogan off the market. Both sign extensions to 2019. Wow. Freo would be pissed!

Lobb signing is great for Collingwood, just more pressure to unload contracts like WHE.

The rule about using 2 1st rounders in a 4 year period only started in 2015. Moore and DeGoey don't count.

I guess the question still remains then:

2015 Nil, 2016 Nil...

Say we trade away 2017 first rounder.

Then have to make 2 first round selections in 2018... forcing us to trade one pick in or risk getting "punished"???

Green's best season was 2014 when he kicked 33 goals.

Doesn't tackle enough but his crumbing instincts are top notch.

Very very hard for a small forward in a dysfunctional forward line thus Green has been an inconsistent forward, you are right that he needs to tackle and pressure more.
Still the guy is a class finisher and a bit of a momentum player who does a lot of damage once he gets rolling, I would like him on the list as opposed to Mayne who is a pretty average footballer these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon my lack of knowledge on the Lions players but is Green the little Ranga with heaps of pace?
I asked the same question to my mate who supports the Lions :) He summarized Green as a player who definitely has some ability, especially in front of goal, but seemed lazy at times when he was able to get on the park the last year or so (though that might have been injury related, or the fact that he wasn't happy with Lions and Leppa).

I was just told that Wells management have agreed to terms with Collingwood, couple of smaller details to be confimed.

Geelong made a late push as discussed but could not afford him, Delideo was more important to chase.

Awesome news, it seems as though he is just being respectful to North by waiting until after the Count until he declares he's intentions.

No you said according to your source, inferring that you had inside information and now it is because of what his manager said, and a lack of news?
I got mied up with the comments I though oringally someone was referring to Mayne actually coming to Collingwood which It would be 50/50 since nothing was being talked about in my opinion.

I was told that Mayne wouldn't be on that match on that deal is what I was told from my source. But spin that into that i'm lying somehow.
I do also remember that RupetFan that you claimed to have some Inside Source but now you are saying it was your own opinion?
See above.

Very very hard for a small forward in a dysfunctional forward line thus Green has been an inconsistent forward, you are right that he needs to tackle and pressure more.
Still the guy is a class finisher and a bit of a momentum player who does a lot of damage once he gets rolling, I would like him on the list as opposed to Mayne who is a pretty average footballer these days.

Mayne was played all over the shop by Ross Lyon this year.. didn't really have a defined role and not to mention how poor they were this year.

Last year he kicked 28 goals and laid 122 tackles and had 14 goal assists playing predominantly forward, if he replicates those numbers in 2017 for us that is a solid contribution.

Blair kicked 19 goals, laid 83 tackles and had 15 goal assists in 2015.

I believe Mayne can improve on his 2015 numbers next year.

Mayne was played all over the shop by Ross Lyon this year.. didn't really have a defined role and not to mention how poor they were this year.

Last year he kicked 28 goals and laid 122 tackles and had 14 goal assists playing predominantly forward, if he replicates those numbers in 2017 for us that is a solid contribution.

Blair kicked 19 goals, laid 83 tackles and had 15 goal assists in 2015.

I believe Mayne can improve on his 2015 numbers next year.

That's false. He was used forward until the last month of the season hence leading the competition for tackles I50. He has one trick and he does it well, but unfortunately its something we already have covered.

Now that we are all here, I would like to talk to you about a man.

A good man, a kind man. A man willing to break bread with you after your long pilgrimage.

A man who will give away his material possessions to others in the name of charity.

A man that believes the holy grail does not belong to him, but to all of his disciples.

A man who will heal the tired, sick and aging, with just the power of belief.

So join me one and all at The Church of Luke.
"Where we turn whines into Beveridges"

why does it beggar belief for a player of his ability?
What ability?

Mayne's stats over the whole career are identical to Blair's.
He is borderline garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back