List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the key stocks last night in bed like a nerd (not gay, not that there's...and so forth) and I reckon we need to keep Brown if Cloke goes. That gives us the following:

KPD: Reid, Keeffe, Marsh, Frost, Brown and Howe

That's quite a bit on reflection. With Keeffe returning I think we can have Reid, Keeffe and Marsh/Brown as our stalwarts which may allow us to send Howe forward.

I'd like a forward line of:

Elliot - White - Varcoe
Howe - Moore - Fasolo

That's pretty handsome in my view and unbelievable air-power. White has stepped up to the challenge this year and a very handy relief ruck.

Until we have injuries (which .... is basically inevitable right?).
In my opinion, we don't move forward as a team with Brown or Frost in our best 22... Neither are attacking enough and to be honest, both are just plain s@#$.

That leaves Reid (one bad string from the dog food factory), Keeffe (Not sure he can even be counted here), Marsh (I like) and Howe (I like).
Even if you move Howe forward (which I think is a bad move given his #1 strength is his intercept marking), Moore gets mauled in that forward line! Absolutely MAULED!

PS Elliot will never play again - let's be honest. Pars Defect is BAD!

Btw, the first time I did an ACL, back in the early 90s, was due to a physio. I had a partial tear of the ACL saw my local physio (didn't know any better) and he treated it a week and I played the week after. Didn't end well. Torn ACL damaged medial and lateral meniscus. Not much cartilage left. I never went back to that physio.
I'd imagine you wouldn't. I'm sure that TRS is much better than that guy though :rainbow:

The article on cloke says: "Industry sources said today the premiership goalkicker would be worth a third-round draft pick."

i wouldn't be trading him for a third round pick. Be quite happy to keep him on out list. They also say we would pay some of his wage. I find it really odd we would take a low pick and pay part of his wage. He is contracted, surely we ask for more!
Hasnt Cloke got a clause in his contract that took his wage from $800K to (now) bugger all as he didnt meet certain criteria built into it? That was my understanding and why he is a viable trade target for other clubs. Its insane to think we would pay a chunk of a massive salary AND accept a crap trade return.

Yeah, this is something I don't get. Collingwood has been very open about the fact that Clokey is contracted, and that any trade a club comes up with would have to be worthwhile.

I don't see how a third round pick and us paying his wage is worthwhile at all. What are these 'industry sources'? Random s**t posts on Big Footy?

I think the whole picture needs looking at. I think as a straight trade he 30-40 pick based on his poor form. If we were to pay his salary I would expect a better pick and there is some merit in accepting less on trade in order for someone else to take on more of his salary. The salary issue can be a key in luring another good player this year or next. If Cloke can generate some points for our father son picks and we can pass on most of his salary I would be OK with that.

I think the whole picture needs looking at. I think as a straight trade he 30-40 pick based on his poor form. If we were to pay his salary I would expect a better pick and there is some merit in accepting less on trade in order for someone else to take on more of his salary. The salary issue can be a key in luring another good player this year or next. If Cloke can generate some points for our father son picks and we can pass on most of his salary I would be OK with that.
I don't see any merit in accepting less so somebody else can take on what's going to be a barely above average salary of $400k. In fact, I think it's a downright stupid approach given we have no salary cap issues and are light on in the key forward department already.

I've got no doubt TRS would be.

Julian Feller (superstar) fixed the knee the last time and its been 90% since. He is a guru.

I'll remember that name. I have a knee and ankle held together by plates and screws that is driving me mad and was considering getting a 2nd opinion on the knee. As it stands I will never run again.

As far as JOM I am all for getting him subject to extensive medical opinion. GCFC obviously think he is still a good prospect or they wouldn't be so shitty about it , but then I gather JOM is pissed at their medical department which does raise some concern . Any tendon injury is damn hard to heal (I have one at the moment driving me up the wall) as it is so hard to get blood flow to the area and early treatment (which I missed in this case due to misdiagnosis) can be key.

If the consensus is that he is a 70% chance to play out a full career at somewhere near his best then he's worth the risk IMO.

Prick... Didn't want to be traded last year when he actually had some value. Now he'll leave and we'll get exactly what he's worth (nothing).

Bollocks on two counts.

Hes certainly not a prick for wanting to stay at Collingwood, see out his contract, and try and prove hes best 22

And I doubt his trade value has dropped much, if at all. The smart clubs will know his value.

Trav will choose the club that offers him the most coin, his dad loves the cash.

Dogs cannot rely on us to pay any of his wage and with Boyd taking up 10% not much to go around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lake and 27 for 21 and 43. So a small second round upgrade and a mid-third rounder.
Thanks for that. Not sure what picks we want this year with out F/S points situation. Maybe without a 3rd, you r second which would be 30ish?.

Bollocks on two counts.

Hes certainly not a prick for wanting to stay at Collingwood, see out his contract, and try and prove hes best 22

And I doubt his trade value has dropped much, if at all. The smart clubs will know his value.

You're insane if you think he's worth the same amount un-contracted than he was contracted.
Obviously, never heard the term "Leverage".

Trav will choose the club that offers him the most coin, his dad loves the cash.
True. I'm actually not sure the Bulldogs are the best for him anyway. Ih he's not happy that Buckley dropped him to the VFL, then look out for Bevo. He's shown that he doesn't care what your name is. If you aint cutting the mustard, VFL it is.

Thanks for that. Not sure what picks we want this year with out F/S points situation. Maybe without a 3rd, you r second which would be 30ish?.
To me it all depends on you guys paying part of his salary. Usually I wouldn't give up our second but it'd be a bit much to split his salary then lowball you on the trade. And I can't see us taking him at full salary. I reckon Jong in a straight swap is fair but I don't see too many around here agreeing with me.

Dogs cannot rely on us to pay any of his wage and with Boyd taking up 10% not much to go around.

I would have thought shopping around for more cash per annum will be a waste of time at this stage of his career. He will be looking for longevity....a chance to extend his career beyond 2018. A club that has a chance of premiership results as well as a need for a key forward, combined with minimal age demographic issues (ie not too many old blokes) will be the best fit. Not sure theres a better fit than the Dogs.

To me it all depends on you guys paying part of his salary. Usually I wouldn't give up our second but it'd be a bit much to split his salary then lowball you on the trade. And I can't see us taking him at full salary. I reckon Jong in a straight swap is fair but I don't see too many around here agreeing with me.
Look at it this way. Cloke could literally be the difference of you guys potentially winning the flag next year. He is a type of player you guys need. We have heaps of mids as it is, Jong isn't exactly a must. That's why i think if thats the case it needs to be Jong with a decent pick (especially if we are paying some of his salary)

Jong is simply not a player we need. Good solid big bodied inside goalkicking types we have plenty of.

If you want Cloke you pay his salary which at 400k for a year is not over the top. Negotiate a front loaded contract if you want him.

Its Cloke who has asked for a trade, not the other way around.

Hi CM we will NOT be paying any of his salary........they might sell it like that to the public to appease supporters like you but it will not happen in reality.

If you want him a trade will be made that will satisfy both parties.

For our sake I hope the Hawks & the Tigers come to the party.

I just don't see our need for Jong. We probably have too many of his type already. You'd know more about him than me, but I just don't see anything to get excited about to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back