List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

We can all become youtube draft experts over the next few weeks and make claims about the future careers of 18y.os based on 2-3 minutes videos;)

Trust me I've already merged 6 phantom drafts into a spreadsheet to get an average. I think I can probably accurately predict the top 15 and I haven't seen a minute of anyone play! Not even on YouTube!

Sweet baby Jesus I've tried Scodog!

I've employed ottoman as a life coach - useless - read The Secret, fire-walked with Tony Robbins, and been audited by Scientologists. None of it prepares you for old mates Clokey, Browny, Frosty, Gaulty, F-Wittsy, and the Arsonist delivering us nothing at the trade table. For 2 weeks my colleagues have carried me while I have listened to Trade Radio (even missed the warnings of a bad debtor :straining:). Getting over oneself requires more than your glibness. Oh, and to vantablack the misery, we missed out on Grimes .

Have you tried leading teams?

Edit: Scientology, close enough

Trust me I've already merged 6 phantom drafts into a spreadsheet to get an average. I think I can probably accurately predict the top 15 and I haven't seen a minute of anyone play! Not even on YouTube!
Could you extend and post that out to pick 28?

Marley Williams for 105 / Cloke for 79???
in hine we trust, more like in hine we bust.

Cloke has no real currency given that everyone knew Bucks wanted him out and we needed salary cap relief

Marley gets crucified in the game-day boards for his poor disposal. How many times did posters beg for him to stop taking the kick ins. We no longer have this issue. And while 105 is useless, ask yourself this - if you were a North supporter what would you pay for him? A Norf mate is pissed because they now have two half backs who butcher the ball (Atley)

Just on the beach with Steve Motlop, thought I might have seen bucks floating around here, mustn't have been any players of note here in Legian.

John Ralph is snooping around every morning at breaks though!

We paid way overs for WHE, if you compare the going rate of players in this trade period and what they cost in draft picks we paid overs.

If we compare him with guys who were unwanted, I agree. If we compare him to other talented guys under 24 - Marchbank, JOM, I disagree. Teh way I see it, he actually has more runs on the board and more potential than Marchbank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People say that we got rid of the crap, but what was that crap doing on the list in the first place,isn't that the result of the recruiters and list manager.Hine should be gone imo.
Yeah Hine sure did make some blunders in picking up Cloke as a f/s, Brown with pick 10 nearly a decade ago and wasting blue chip rookie picks on Witts, Williams and Frost.

Be honest, you didn't really think that one through did you?

Yeah Hine sure did make some blunders in picking up Cloke as a f/s, Brown with pick 10 nearly a decade ago and wasting blue chip rookie picks on Witts, Williams and Frost.

Couldn't agree more Jasper.
Not to mention that (the majority of) this board's opinion was that at least 4 of those players mentioned were in most people's best 22 at the start of the year.

You don't have to look very far back to see how much opinions change in an instant.

Cloke
:
"Champion, thanks for re-signing with us, * your dad for the contract saga, it's not your fault, we love you big Clokey, keep clunking them"

2016:
"You're a money hungry fool and you dragged us through the dirt just to squeeze every last penny out of us, you're shocking and you could never kick in the first place. Good riddance"

Brown
2010-2011
:
"Big part of winning the 2010 GF, came in for Presti like he had been playing there all season, so tough, just nullifys his opposition"

2016:
"Can't kick, can't handball, can't mark, can't eat, can't sleep, can't bring world peace. Get rid of him. Past his use by date"

Witts
:
"Could Witts and Grundy potentially become one of the best ruck combos in the AFL? Exciting times! We at Collingwood normally struggle to have one talented ruck, let alone two! Hine you genius."

2015:
"He has officially overtaken Grundy as our #1 ruck. Some brilliant performances. What's the go with Grundy now? Do we play them both?"

2016:
"Useless, has no body strength, has gone into his shell, too nice, no attack at the footy, bet he is the type of guy to tip the bartender his last $100, Grundy is firmly ahead now. Potentially a trade for him? Can't play him and Grundy both.'

Williams
:
"We may be onto something here. Kid has balls. Steal of the draft!"

2015:
"Potential AA defender in the future? hasn't done much wrong in a struggling team, knows how to rack the ball up, and is an absolute bull."

2016:
"s**t kick, s**t bloke, let him go off and play with Chopsticks-boy, Buckley isn't keen on him. Thug."

Frost:
2015:
"Suspect skills, but his attack on the footy is great, has pace, Is a true defender, absolutely love how he comes off his man to influence the contest, cue the "Jack Frost" meme pictures that were posted"

2016:
"Average. Will always be average. Doesn't do anything except spoil and comes off his man way too often. Delist."

Now, treat this as a joke post, obviously the quotes aren't directly true, but it's how I felt the general vibe was of the player at that time.
Of course everyone has their own opinion of a player, so yes perhaps you didn't feel the same way regarding to the description I gave a certain player, cool. Good to know you always thought they were s**t.

All these players that left us yesterday, we have to remember, there was a point where we loved them.

For the most part the criticisms about them are true, but to go around saying Hine ****ed up by drafting these guys? Wow. Big call.
We went from "In Hine we trust" to "Hine is the source of all our player problems" real quick!

We are very bipolar on here, I can guarantee you that the same will happen with our current crop of players.
There will be some players that surprise us next year and then we always end up calling for the heads of a few of them come August.

Last edited:

Brown was a bust though, you expect much more than a shut down player from pick 10.

F/Saturday question..?
Are we able to use future picks on our F/S's if we are short?
There is every chance Rowdy Jr and mini Daicos won't be picked up before our pick28.
If we use 28 and we waste the 20% discount!?
Eg. Can we use the 2017 picks we got for frost. About 40 and 60??
Would love to snag a player at 28, and get f/so boys!!???

Couldn't agree more Jasper.
Not to mention that (the majority of) this board's opinion was that at least 4 of those players mentioned were in most people's best 22 at the start of the year.

You don't have to look very far back to see how much opinions change in an instant.

Cloke
:
"Champion, thanks for re-signing with us, **** your dad for the contract saga, it's not your fault, we love you big Clokey, keep clunking them"

2016:
"You're a money hungry fool and you dragged us through the dirt just to squeeze every last penny out of us, you're shocking and you could never kick in the first place. Good riddance"

Brown
2010-2011
:
"Big part of winning the 2010 GF, came in for Presti like he had been playing there all season, so tough, just nullifys his opposition"

2016:
"Can't kick, can't handball, can't mark, can't eat, can't sleep, can't bring world peace. Get rid of him. Past his use by date"

Witts
:
"Could Witts and Grundy potentially become one of the best ruck combos in the AFL? Exciting times! We at Collingwood normally struggle to have one talented ruck, let alone two! Hine you genius."

2015:
"He has officially overtaken Grundy as our #1 ruck. Some brilliant performances. What's the go with Grundy now? Do we play them both?"

2016:
"Useless, has no body strength, has gone into his shell, too nice, no attack at the footy, bet he is the type of guy to tip the bartender his last $100, Grundy is firmly ahead now. Potentially a trade for him? Can't play him and Grundy both.'

Williams
:
"We may be onto something here. Kid has balls. Steal of the draft!"

2015:
"Potential AA defender in the future? hasn't done much wrong in a struggling team, knows how to rack the ball up, and is an absolute bull."

2016:
"s**t kick, s**t bloke, let him go off and play with Chopsticks-boy, Buckley isn't keen on him. Thug."

Frost:
2015:
"Suspect skills, but his attack on the footy is great, has pace, Is a true defender, absolutely love how he comes off his man to influence the contest, cue the "Jack Frost" meme pictures that were posted"

2016:
"Average. Will always be average. Doesn't do anything except spoil and comes off his man way too often. Delist."

Now, treat this as a joke post, obviously the quotes aren't directly true, but it's how I felt the general vibe was of the player at that time.
Of course everyone has their own opinion of a player, so yes perhaps you didn't feel the same way regarding to the description I gave a certain player, cool. Good to know you always thought they were s**t.

All these players that left us yesterday, we have to remember, there was a point where we loved them.

For the most part the criticisms about them are true, but to go around saying Hine stuffed up by drafting these guys? Wow. Big call.
We went from "In Hine we trust" to "Hine is the source of all our player problems" real quick!

We are very bipolar on here, I can guarantee you that the same will happen with our current crop of players.
There will be some players that surprise us next year and then we always end up calling for the heads of a few of them come August.
That's magnificent!

Brown was a bust though, you expect much more than a shut down player from pick 10.
If you regard a player who was listed with us for 10 years who was able to shut down one of the league's best forwards in a grand final twice as a bust, I'll take that bust every day of the week.

Injuries have hurt his career and the games probably gone beyond the type of player he is in the last couple of years, but it's a bit rich to call Brown a bust.

F/Saturday question..?
Are we able to use future picks on our F/S's if we are short?
There is every chance Rowdy Jr and mini Daicos won't be picked up before our pick28.
If we use 28 and we waste the 20% discount!?
Eg. Can we use the 2017 picks we got for frost. About 40 and 60??
Would love to snag a player at 28, and get f/so boys!!???
No. rules state you have to use the next available pick.

My understanding is If there is no bid before 28 we can pick another player and when bid use the next pick we have. If we don't have the points available to match we go into deficit next year, but the points are made up in the same round. IE if our third and fourth round points aren't enough. We go into deficit and have our 3rd round next year pushed back, and our first round remains unchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back