List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

It is. I would assume it resets though if the club de-lists him and then re-drafts him. God knows why they would though. Pretty sure Swan Districts has already announced that he's signed with them for 2017.

Yep thanks thats what I'd assume....if you wanted to go down this path you would have to redraft rather than just roll over.

Always thought he had some promise because of his mobility....too many early career injuries delayed his opportunity to develop...oh well bad luck he had a good shot at it.

Don't rate him anymore....we need to look forward (not back) and Draft more talls over next couple of years.
Totally agree.
He was a player that got a flag, good luck to him, but never on my radar as even B grade.
At best C grade verging on D grade. Just a player

Don't rate him anymore....we need to look forward (not back) and Draft more talls over next couple of years.
We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

*Sigh* that bloody two party system.

*Assuming we pick up another old piece of meat for Buckley's tray in Barlow*

Wells 31 - Swan 32
Dunn 29 - Brown 27
Mayne 27 - Macaffer 28
WHE 23 - Cloke 29
Barlow 28 - Toovey 29

Someone tell me how every article about us (and some supporters) is about all these old guys we've destroyed the rebuild with when we are obviously far younger senior player wise and slow book ends in Brown and Cloke were replaced with real mobility???

Wells 31 - Swan 32
Dunn 29 - Brown 27
Mayne 27 - Macaffer 28
WHE 23 - Cloke 29
Barlow 28 - Toovey 29

Someone tell me how every article about us (and some supporters) is about all these old guys we've destroyed the rebuild with when we are obviously far younger senior player wise and slow book ends in Brown and Cloke were replaced with real mobility???

It's called decision bias! Your mind has made a decision and is looking for data and information to support it not analyzing the data objectively. It's quite common actually. If you look at your data set for example we have only gained youth in whe the others all even out. The other question to ask is whether getting rid of players who are liked by the group damages the feeling and team comradery then the physical attributes you gain. I dont know the answer as to what is worse for the pies at this stage.

Wells 31 - Swan 32
Dunn 29 - Brown 27
Mayne 27 - Macaffer 28
WHE 23 - Cloke 29
Barlow 28 - Toovey 29

Question?
Are you going to post this particular post in every thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping this guy becomes our best new recruit for next year!!!

Funny with the commentary mentioning Howe and his leap. Now we got both in the team.

Sidenote 0:58 min. The days when Cloke was really hungry for the ball. :(

Anyone else find it interesting that we have traded and drafted a lot of "mates" to existing players at the club?

Dunn - Howe
WHE - Treloar
Aish - Shaz
Treloar - Adams

Also drafting a lot of team mates from Oakleigh Chargers who would all be familiar with each other:

Darcy - JDG
Phillips - Crocker

Is this our new way of building a tight knit team and making it an environment players want to be in? Or just coincidental?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone else find it interesting that we have traded and drafted a lot of "mates" to existing players at the club?

Dunn - Howe
WHE - Treloar
Aish - Shaz
Treloar - Adams

Also drafting a lot of team mates from Oakleigh Chargers who would all be familiar with each other:

Darcy - JDG
Phillips - Crocker

Is this our new way of building a tight knit team and making it an environment players want to be in? Or just coincidental?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If on purpose there is some validity. However it can backfire if the groups you refer to become cliques within the team. Only someone inside the club can really determine if it's working or not!

As hard as this is to say, well done to GWS and Carlton, even though GWS didn't trade Cam last year and lost out in the deal this year, they still put a value on players to honor their contracts and it is as simple as requesting a trade and away you go. The same might happen to Carlton next year, Gibbs might have a poor season and his value might decrease but I got the feeling that Carlton was blind sided by Gibbs request to be traded to Adelaide at the start of TA yet Carlton did not buckle and

The Scout over on EBNW had this to say about our trade period, I like how he mentioned there are some nice targets in FA next year and I agree with his summary. We did the best with what we had. I reckon we are right into a big fish in 2017.

Subject: Happy enough...some nice targets in FA next year ;-)
In reply to: Prince Planet 's message, "Thanks Scout..any comments on the trade period thus far" on 21:55 22/10/16 Sat

Wells fills a role - class, ball use, age profile
WHE - adds class to the 21-25 bracket...plays in and out, fwd and back
Dunn - don't underestimate, good character, uses it well, plays small and tall
Mayne - serious grunt, multi roles,why couldn't he play in same mold as Picken? Has all the traits? Won't die wondering

Really not sure how we have been so slated by media and some supporters (give two f%#^*s what oppo supporters think)

What did we lose? All of the dparteees were NQR or character flaws
What did we have as far as leverage goes(draft picks?)

As hard as this is to say, well done to GWS and Carlton, even though GWS didn't trade Cam last year and lost out in the deal this year, they still put a value on players to honor their contracts and it is as simple as requesting a trade and away you go. The same might happen to Carlton next year, Gibbs might have a poor season and his value might decrease but I got the feeling that Carlton was blind sided by Gibbs request to be traded to Adelaide at the start of TA yet Carlton did not buckle and

Disagree completely on the GWS decision. It was a diabolical loss for them.

The Gibbs one I understand. That was purely about greed for Gibbs having enjoyed the fruits of a front loaded salary he was trying to take the piss.

The Scout over on EBNW had this to say about our trade period, I like how he mentioned there are some nice targets in FA next year and I agree with his summary. We did the best with what we had. I reckon we are right into a big fish in 2017.

Subject: Happy enough...some nice targets in FA next year ;-)
In reply to: Prince Planet 's message, "Thanks Scout..any comments on the trade period thus far" on 21:55 22/10/16 Sat

Wells fills a role - class, ball use, age profile
WHE - adds class to the 21-25 bracket...plays in and out, fwd and back
Dunn - don't underestimate, good character, uses it well, plays small and tall
Mayne - serious grunt, multi roles,why couldn't he play in same mold as Picken? Has all the traits? Won't die wondering

Really not sure how we have been so slated by media and some supporters (give two f%#^*s what oppo supporters think)

What did we lose? All of the dparteees were NQR or character flaws
What did we have as far as leverage goes(draft picks?)

Well he works at the Club as a Scout.

So Good to Read what he Posts

Swan 32 (retired... foot will never be the same again)
Brown 27 (left the club... and can't kick)
Macaffer 28 (retired... couldn't get a game)
Cloke 29 (left the club... can't kick, cant lead, cant chase)
Toovey 29 (retired... couldn't get a game

Age has nothing to do with any of the players leaving.

Don't know why People Bitch about us Getting Older Players when Bucks said that we are chasing Older Players during the Final's and that what we did except for WHE

Don't know why People Bitch about us Getting Older Players when Bucks said that we are chasing Older Players during the Final's and that what we did except for WHE
So you're saying if Bucks told you to jump off a cliff you'd do it?

I don't have a problem with going for older players but that's a strange argument you've put forward. If Bucks said during finals that we are trading Aish and then we went ahead and traded Aish would you be fine with it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back