List Mgmt. CONFIRMED - Gary Rohan a Cat for pick 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've highlighted a few times the fact that Rohan has been a low possession player all his carrier,and I rate Horse as a coach but he never unlocked the key to Rohan in 8 years at the Swans,what chance the new center bounce rule could see him start in there at times either breaking away with the ball or pressuring with a chase,before moving back to take up a possession as a high half forward,keep him more in the game.

I wasn't a fan of the Rohan inclusion and I think over the journey it will go down as just another trade or player. His career numbers look like Jason Mooney lol.

What I will say about Rohan is now he is here I look at the positives. He can actually impact a game. He can take a mark generally a really straight kick and athletically he is a beast at that height and speed.

If he can stay on the park he will impact games and do good things. You saw glimpses of the erratic performances you will get in the JLT. He may only have a handful of really good performances for the year. But when he does he might kick 5. And the Sydney system is very disciplined so his pressure, tacking and playing within a game plan will be first rate.

If we look at him for what he is a role player simply put he could be very good at it.

If you look at him like most a former 2009 (6th) overall pick who did not deliver or turn into a star. Yes you will be disappointed heavily.

In all honesty he is probably better than a mcarthy, gregson definately Murdoch. Even cockatoo on his injury plagued career I doubt he is better than Rohan.

Didn’t set the world on fire but I reckon he will play some good games. Just hope for his sake his bad games are in wins like this one or else the vultures will come out more than ever. Good luck to him.

Have a look at this chase down right before the final siren to get the ball for the last kick.

Pity the tv angle didn't do that justice. He came from miles back to impact that contest. The way he ran past a couple of pies and at least one of our players was like a (really pasty) Usain Bolt overtaking a group of amateur joggers. It's a pity we didn't have time to go forward and score the goal because it's one of the best defensive efforts I've ever seen and really deserved being replayed.

He was talking footys defensive play of the week winner, for a repeat effort chase down and tackle. Made 3 sprints to harrass the ball carrier, both coughed it up under his pressure, before he made a run down tackle which was holding the ball. The effort and never give up attitude were brilliant. If only someone like guthrie had that kind of attitude to work hard.

When traded Rohan didn't seem too happy and I thought we might have a disgruntled recruit but I genuinely believe he really wants to do his absolute best for the team and is enjoying his footy here. I can only wish him the best.

I liked having Rohan in the forward line. His closing speed gives defenders the jitters and the Pies coughed it up a few times due to his chase.

Have a look at this chase down right before the final siren to get the ball for the last kick.

Phenomenal chase that, crashed through the pack and caused a spill AND collected the ball.
Maybe didn't save the game or even a goal but was a brilliant chase and shows the desperation he brings to the side.

When traded Rohan didn't seem too happy and I thought we might have a disgruntled recruit but I genuinely believe he really wants to do his absolute best for the team and is enjoying his footy here. I can only wish him the best.

You can't really blame him. He had a tough time with injuries in Sydney but was still clearly best 22 when fit for quite a few years. Then they moved him on when he wanted to stay after a year where he went through a shocking personal ordeal. I'm surprised they moved him on so easily and I'm glad we picked him up.

That last tackle he was an absolute missile coming thru the screen. It was very impressive and effective.

For him, the little moments like that IMO is what he will bring. It wont be game long effects but the little moments that can swing things.

Long may it continue.

GO Catters

played as expected. 10 touches at 60% efficiency for 0 goals and 6 turnovers. Shocking kick at goal from 10 metres out and the holding the ball 10 metres. Should get better as the year progresses but that's his game.

One thing Ive felt we have missed for years was pace. Watching him flash across the screen, attacking the ball/carrier with ferocity was as good as any ballet Ive seen.
Ive not seen a ballet before but you get my drift.
Genuinely very happy to have him because he gives me that excited sense of danger whenever he appears around the contest. He doesn't generally rack up the numbers, but he definitely doesn't play boring footy either.

So for some insight... I went back and looked at the last 23 seconds.

Parfitt snaps around his body and the ball lands deep in the forward pocket.

Rohan is about 10 m behind the contest that occurs on the goal side of the pack marking the ball.

Moore clears the ball with 20 secs left and Rohan is now about 15 m behind the ball.

The pies handball 2 more times and the ball makes the centre square with 10 seconds left.
Rohan appears running faster than the ball is moving and effects that contest and causes chaos and pressure the possession.

So in about 10 seconds Rohan covers about 70 80 meters by foot, not necessarily directly, and makes an impact.

I posted earlier about Rohan not being in the game all game long but effecting it at specific moments.

If he keeps doing things like that, we will do very well from his moments.

GO Catters

I liked having Rohan in the forward line. His closing speed gives defenders the jitters and the Pies coughed it up a few times due to his chase.

This one that Zach 2E praised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So for some insight... I went back and looked at the last 23 seconds.

Parfitt snaps around his body and the ball lands deep in the forward pocket.

Rohan is about 10 m behind the contest that occurs on the goal side of the pack marking the ball.

Moore clears the ball with 20 secs left and Rohan is now about 15 m behind the ball.

The pies handball 2 more times and the ball makes the centre square with 10 seconds left.
Rohan appears running faster than the ball is moving and effects that contest and causes chaos and pressure the possession.

So in about 10 seconds Rohan covers about 70 80 meters by foot, not necessarily directly, and makes an impact.

I posted earlier about Rohan not being in the game all game long but effecting it at specific moments.

If he keeps doing things like that, we will do very well from his moments.

GO Catters

Yea yea....but he didnt get a stat, did he....

That last tackle he was an absolute missile coming thru the screen. It was very impressive and effective.

For him, the little moments like that IMO is what he will bring. It wont be game long effects but the little moments that can swing things.

Long may it continue.

GO Catters

Through the screen daz 😉 #cats in america

Can't get sick of watching that footage, especially from behind the goal - he runs past something like 4 teammates in chasing the ball & the Collingwood players. His effort to will himself to impact that passage of play was crazy & brilliant

Yea yea....but he didnt get a stat, did he....

Yep mate. If you don't get a stat for a 1%er why bother?
Just fake an attempt like Zac Merrett last weekend. That will do the trick.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back