Toast Congratulations Patrick Cripps & Sam Docherty - Co-Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

So now there are 2 captains, is there a vice captain role?
Will the leadership groups be expanded to maybe 7 for back line
7 for forward li....

Stuff it
They’re all leaders and Dow is leader of the mids. The kids going to be a star

Chill out, it's just a co-captain announcement.

There's only 40 players in the leadership group...

Love this.

Well done to both Crippa and Doc - what an amazing honour this is.

Thanks to Murph for his service over the past 6 years but the time was right to pass the baton.

Will cry if/when these boys hold up #17. Take it to the bank.

The aspect that intrigued me on AFL app, the article written states both players have different views on leadership and are both different characters.

This has just got me thinking, are they on the same page?

Did it go like this ?

Cripps “ listen here Doc, I’m the man, I do the heavy lifting and I’m going to be a great leader, monkey see monkey do is what I’ll show this list”

Doc “ calls out to bolts “bolts !! Help”

Bolts “ calm down boys, you’re both captains, both special”

Cripps laughs
Walks out
It's more like:

"CRIPPS SMASH"

"Yeah good plan mate - smash that guy"

Great decision by the club.
Crippa proved this year in Murphy's absence that he could lead by example on the field.
Doc is such a great speaker & mouth piece for the club and its easy to forget how great an organiser Doc is on the field especially in our back half after he missed all of 2019.
Together I think they complement each other & their leadership will continue to grow and help galvanise our club on the way to number 17!
Well done boys!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good indication that the club is on the right track.

11 years ago when Judd arrived at the club he was immediately appointed captain because we lacked leaders. When he stood aside 6 years ago, Murphy was the obvious successor, with perhaps a case being made for Simmo. Neither of them having made a huge case up until that time to demonstrate they were definite leaders. Now we have 2 brilliant leaders who can't be separated & below them we have a number of potential future leaders (with a further one possibly being added come draft time).

Anyone that can't see the difference between Carlton circa 2018 & Carlton circa 2007 onwards, isn't looking hard enough.

You have so many amazing pictures of these two amazing stars of the game.

The AFL decides to stick with a 'Titanic-like' photo-shopped piece of s**t on their Facebook and Twitter pages. Not going to post it up because it doesn't deserve such recognition. Whoever went with that needs to be sacked, because they were surely taking the piss.

Congrats to both, but I don’t like 2 captains. Sorry lads, there should be only one.
I don't like the idea of it. How does it work in adversity? Do players develop favourites? There are plenty of questions that time will answer. But the real reason I dont like it is because I am a traditionalist. Thats my problem not Carltons and one I have to learn to put behind me.
Two captains is what the club in its wisdom has chosen as our path to success.
Our job is to support it and cheer them on. Nothing else.

I don't like the idea of it. How does it work in adversity? Do players develop favourites? There are plenty of questions that time will answer. But the real reason I dont like it is because I am a traditionalist. Thats my problem not Carltons and one I have to learn to put behind me.
Two captains is what the club in its wisdom has chosen as our path to success.
Our job is to support it and cheer them on. Nothing else.

Doc takes care of backline and instructs players where to stand
Cripps takes care of midfield and forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back