Congratulations SCG on a hat-trick of draws and 6 draws in 9 matches!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
The SCG continues to solve the problem of how to get more draws in test cricket. Instead of agonising over whether to aspire to turn their ground into a dusty sub-continental highway or an English floodplain, these entrepreneurial innovators said:

why-not-both-why-not.gif

The 'Rain n' Road' two-punch combo never fails.

Please offer your support for this wonderful annual cricket fixture, which saves us from ever having to be sad about one team losing.

to be fair we shouldve won last year v england and the year before v india - we had opportunities and just couldn't roll the opposition in the 4th innings.

Should be swapped with Adelaide (would suggest Perth but we tend to miss out on some of the summer Tests) but will never ever happen.
Its always hot and dry this time of the year in Adelaide.

Cricket Australia obviously see it as more profitable to have a rain affected shortened drawn Sydney Test at this time of the year then a result in Adelaide over likely 5 days.

ABC analyst and statistician Ric Finlay also revealed that 25 days have been washed out as a result of rain in 110 Test matches at the SCG. In comparison, Perth has never had an entire day washed out in 47 Tests, while Hobart has had one (14 Tests) and Adelaide two (81 Tests).

Rain is so prevalent during Sydney Tests that they even sell advertising space on the covers.

The SCG continues to solve the problem of how to get more draws in test cricket. Instead of agonising over whether to aspire to turn their ground into a dusty sub-continental highway or an English floodplain, these entrepreneurial innovators said:

why-not-both-why-not.gif

The 'Rain n' Road' two-punch combo never fails.

Please offer your support for this wonderful annual cricket fixture, which saves us from ever having to be sad about one team losing.

Keep Sydney with test matches but Australia A rather than the first XI

Play the real test where the weather allows for 5 days of cricket

its frustrating and i believe it needs to be moved from its new years slot

Also think it would suit a pink ball due to the crap light

going off at 215 in the afternoon with no rain due to light was laughable

its frustrating and i believe it needs to be moved from its new years slot

Also think it would suit a pink ball due to the crap light

going off at 215 in the afternoon with no rain due to light was laughable
I don’t know why they’re so afraid to try it, I feel the Sydney crowd would love a night test earlier in the year. In reality these should be rotating anyway, it shouldn’t be just Adelaide every year, I’d love one in Melbourne personally (although I get why that will probably never happen)

Sydney had weeks of beautiful weather in the lead up to Christmas while we were copping shithouse weather in Melbourne. Just play the Sydney test earlier in the summer when they have nice weather and make it a day nighter with a pink ball (which suits the pink test theme anyway). Give Adelaide the new years test. Full houses almost guaranteed at both.

With Sydney it is not just about the weather. The curators have to realise there needs to be a contest between bat and ball. There was a test against Pakistan some years back when Warner made a ton in the first session of the test. Yes he batted well but was asked no questions due to the docile nature of the pitch. Too often there is nothing in it for the bowlers early in the SCG tests. Slow and flat tracks produce the worst type of test cricket. Why was there such an overreaction to the bowler-friendly conditions in Qld? Batsmen have had it too easy, for too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back