List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Is it possible if Dev plays s**t enough at Brisbane and annoys them will they release Dev and give him to us for nothing picks?

Is there hope there?
Would’ve been for nothing picks anyway. With pick 1 in the psd. It’s the list spots and list age balance that is the decider. I do think we should now move on from Dev and target Sheldrick. Time will tell how Clay Hall is looking in 18 months if we go down the Dev route again imo.

With it seemingly highly likely we'll have pick 1 or 2 this year, which should have been foreseeable in November last year, can we sack the bloke who made attempts to trade our 2024 F1 for Nate Caddy last year?

Ok its probably ROB and he's gone now. But how *ing stupid was that!?!?!
Plus the Crows/Cats/Giants/Bombers should sack theirs for not taking that deal.

Especially because a mid with tricks seems a much need for 2 of those teams and Crows could’ve got inside the Welsh father son nomination. (Still might)

Plenty of holes in the starting 22 but inside defensive mid and goes hard every contest is a big one. Along with speedy and elite kicking wings/HBF.

Dev would’ve been close to a FA pick up. Who knows Harvey Johnston might work out better long term but can’t have a team with 18-21 years old running around. Need to few in that mid 20s imo.

If Dev had come to us we’d just be depressed about how fumbly he is and how he’s eating up midfield minutes from Reid and Ginbey.

If Dev had come to us we’d just be depressed about how fumbly he is and how he’s eating up midfield minutes from Reid and Ginbey.
Agreed about the skill but I reckon plenty would be on board his aggression, defensive work, his feed Kelly work and clearance work given the opportunity.

VicBias wont report it but we are also in the conversation for Hugh McCluggage.

Vic reporting that St Kilda have the biggest amount of salary cap room ever etc, but in actuality Eagles have more and will comfortably outbid them

If Hugh puts money first, he will come here

Vic reporting that St Kilda have the biggest amount of salary cap room ever etc, but in actuality Eagles have more and will comfortably outbid them

He’s a very good player, would be a good addition.

The idea Saints have more salary cap room then us is nonsensical also. Saints have a fair few off contract from now til 2025 who will be getting some big ass pay increases. Wanganeen-Milera (1 mill surely?) , Phillipou, Byrnes, Windhager, Wood, Owens. Apart from Brad Couch little salary coming off

Eagles have absolutely nothing but salaries coming off with no one needing a pay rise. Yeo, Gaff, McGovern, Kelly, Darling, Cripps, Duggan, Allen, Sheed all off contract and maybe only Duggan and Allen are keeping their current deals with rest in paycut territory. Only player out of 15+ worthy of a pay increase is Brady Hough

I want to believe it but other than us clearly having more cap space on what basis are you making this statement? Club hasn’t said anything, media (VIC, QLD and WA) haven’t said anything, manager hasn’t said anything.

Agreed about the skill but I reckon plenty would be on board his aggression, defensive work, his feed Kelly work and clearance work given the opportunity.
At the end of the day, if you're poorly skilled, can't find the aggot and keep going to ground, the amount of aggression you give matters not.

He's poor in a good side.
God knows how poor he would be with us.

I still think we should pick up Brayden Crossley. Guy is a physical beast and a perfect paring for Williams.
Good age too and would be keen to make amends.

Is this legit? Haven’t heard us linked anywhere but would to see the Suitcase take over from Gaff.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well its a bunch of laughs on the Lions board.

Our old mate Briz is suggesting tanking already to get a pick ahead of Levi Ashcroft. The locals have tried to calm him down but he may have copped too much sun today. Or got stuck into the scotch watching their second loss at home, the GF replay and hitting 0 - 3.

Maybe we can rebuild together? ;) :thumbsu::cool:
Is there any chance we can post on the Lions board and point out the shortfalls of their list and let them know they have no chance?

maybe only Duggan and Allen are keeping their current deals with rest in paycut territory. Only player out of 15+ worthy of a pay increase is Brady Hough

I thought Allen coming out of Contract would demand something decent - Gov Money?

Is there any chance we can post on the Lions board and point out the shortfalls of their list and let them know they have no chance?

I thought Allen coming out of Contract would demand something decent - Gov Money?

I would not suggest it.

For some reason here our Mods are very very patient and allow non Eagles fans to provide negative feedback.

On other club boards you get run through with pitch forks and banned pretty quickly.

The red flag to look for is club boards with threads stating NO OPPOSITION FANS. As soon as you see that stay away. Even from threads that don't say that. The banjo music in the background is another hint.

Plenty of holes in the starting 22 but inside defensive mid and goes hard every contest is a big one. Along with speedy and elite kicking wings/HBF.

Dev would’ve been close to a FA pick up. Who knows Harvey Johnston might work out better long term but can’t have a team with 18-21 years old running around. Need to few in that mid 20s imo.
Age profile is a myth perpetrated by the dumbass football media. 100% you don't want to be forced to play players before they are ready but everything else is open game.

I can put a team on the park with all under 21s (2020 draft and newer) that will compete just fine with any AFL team put out this week. I think they wouldn't even finish bottom 4. Obvious advantages being their peak years will occur simultaneously and this team would win 5 flags in a row.

FB: Wilmot, Van Rooyen, Hough
HBF: Wanganeen-Milera, Darcy, Sheezel
MID: Gulden, JHF, Ashcroft
HFF: Perkins, Ugle Hagan, Rachele
FF: Motlop, McDonald, Reid

FOLL: Thillthorpe, Daicos, Wardlaw
BENCH: Windhager, Phillipou, Ginbey, Owens

The area being a concern is Ruck and a dearth of KPP which is to be expected.
* I probably missed a bunch too

Which player would make way for any UFA on the market?

Do we really want Robertson? Is he ever likely to be better than the 6th or 7th best midfielder on any reasonably competitive AFL list? Probably not. If we could get him for nothing via PSD then i guess you can make the argument that even though he is not a very piece of the long term big picture (if he is in it at all) he would help stabilise things in the present and improve current performance. But if we were to have to be handing over draft picks for him (which we would given he is under contract now and also because we are looked at as gormless chumps waiting to be fleeced at the trade table by the rest of the competition) then i think it would definately not be worth it for us.

Age profile is a myth perpetrated by the dumbass football media. 100% you don't want to be forced to play players before they are ready but everything else is open game.

I can put a team on the park with all under 21s (2020 draft and newer) that will compete just fine with any AFL team put out this week. I think they wouldn't even finish bottom 4. Obvious advantages being their peak years will occur simultaneously and this team would win 5 flags in a row.

FB: Wilmot, Van Rooyen, Hough
HBF: Wanganeen-Milera, Darcy, Sheezel
MID: Gulden, JHF, Ashcroft
HFF: Perkins, Ugle Hagan, Rachele
FF: Motlop, McDonald, Reid

FOLL: Thillthorpe, Daicos, Wardlaw
BENCH: Windhager, Phillipou, Ginbey, Owens

The area being a concern is Ruck and a dearth of KPP which is to be expected.
* I probably missed a bunch too

Which player would make way for any UFA on the market?

Disadvantages would be you would lose half of them because they'd all want big pay days at the same time and you wouldn't get access to a whole team of elite youngsters in the first place anyway

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we really want Robertson? Is he ever likely to be better than the 6th or 7th best midfielder on any reasonably competitive AFL list? Probably not. If we could get him for nothing via PSD then i guess you can make the argument that even though he is not a very piece of the long term big picture (if he is in it at all) he would help stabilise things in the present and improve current performance. But if we were to have to be handing over draft picks for him (which we would given he is under contract now and also because we are looked at as gormless chumps waiting to be fleeced at the trade table by the rest of the competition) then i think it would definately not be worth it for us.
He couldve been handy as a stop gap, a guy at help our young fellas at training but wouldn't have lasted more that 3 years on the list you'd think.
Shame for him. Probably couldve earnt a bit more and gotten a heap more playing time

He couldve been handy as a stop gap, a guy at help our young fellas at training but wouldn't have lasted more that 3 years on the list you'd think.
Shame for him. Probably couldve earnt a bit more and gotten a heap more playing time

Yep, but moreso a bigger body to protect the younger mids and making it easier to not burn them out with midfield minutes too early. Would have been playing the exact role he’s suited to and who knows, if he’d shown enough there was a long term pathway for him. He’s literally Ashcroft injury cover x2 this year and next at the Lions. Didn’t need hindsight to know that he made a s**t decision, we won’t need him in 2 years when the BSDs are knocking blokes over as 21-22 year olds.

Disadvantages would be you would lose half of them because they'd all want big pay days at the same time and you wouldn't get access to a whole team of elite youngsters in the first place anyway
It would be a nice problem to have😂
Like GWS if a player wants out you get picks which allows you to keep regenerating on the run.
North Melbourne would beg to differ. 😉

No one team could reasonably be expected to have and nail every pick and then develop their players.
But this is an example to the extreme that proves the point. A better player is simply a better player whether at age 20, 25 or 30. And you need them to be playing their peak footy at a similar time.

It would be a nice problem to have
Like GWS if a player wants out you get picks which allows you to keep regenerating on the run.
North Melbourne would beg to differ.

No one team could reasonably be expected to have and nail every pick and then develop their players.
But this is an example to the extreme that proves the point. A better player is simply a better player whether at age 20, 25 or 30. And you need them to be playing their peak footy at a similar time.
Might sound stupid but having so much elite young talent has really been what's stopped them from winning a premiership I think. It's created a revolving door and hampered continuity
Good problem to have but if the team can't gel enough to win it all then whats the point, especially in their market where only winning a flag could bring fans in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back