Solved Corby to be paroled?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no doubt she was guilty (and have friends in the Federal police who know more than we or the media will ever know, who claim they had known about the Corby family for yrs). Regardless, I think she has served more than enough time and her sentence was always used as a deterrant.

The only ones who have gained anything out of this are the luggage lock and cling wrap companies.

Good luck to her! I hope she is able to have a reasonably "normal" life now. I am also sick of seeing her skanky sister :)

Our Aussie media just continue to embarrass Australia. She is a convicted drug smuggler and yet they are treating her like she just starred in a box office smash, cured cancer and solves world hunger! Channel 7 can f off as far as I am concerned. They are clearly trying to profit from her crime and that's simply disgraceful!

have done over 200 flights in the 10 yrs since this happened (US, Asia, Europe etc) and never felt the need. Customs will break the lock open anyway.

Not long after she was convicted, from memory didn't her legal team specifically state they completely made up the baggage handler theory as a way of creating an element of doubt. They admitted this because their was an investigation into security at airports after the schappelle case due to their defence and they were asked about the information they received. So in other words its a complete load of s**t that just prayed on a fear element.

Not long after she was convicted, from memory didn't her legal team specifically state they completely made up the baggage handler theory as a way of creating an element of doubt. They admitted this because their was an investigation into security at airports after the schappelle case due to their defence and they were asked about the information they received. So in other words its a complete load of s**t that just prayed on a fear element.
I think you could be right

Like how I'm shaking my head at your reasoning??
"She's guilty cause heaps of peeps go to bali and this doesnt happen to them, aaaand she said the bag was hers"

no s**t?

No i'm saying that the Marijuana was in HER bag and you can't tell me that if she only packed the boogie board and the flippers that she has claimed, that you wouldn't wonder why your bag was heavier than usual.

She got what she deserved.

Older people travel with more care, they put locks on bags, tape their bags. Heck nowadays airports have tape there for you to use. I have older parents, I haven't seen them ONCE not tape their bags. Not once.

Mine are the complete opposite.
Travel around the world a fair bit including SE Asia and they certainly don't worry about taping their bags.
They do lock them, but only with the lock that comes with the bag anyway.

have done over 200 flights in the 10 yrs since this happened (US, Asia, Europe etc) and never felt the need. Customs will break the lock open anyway.
Haven't done that many but have always locked my bags and have never heard of nor seen any evidence of 'Customs' breaking open a lock on a bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't done that many but have always locked my bags and have never heard of nor seen any evidence of 'Customs' breaking open a lock on a bag.
Also, what do customs have to gain by breaking open some random persons bag and stuffing 4kg of weed in it?

If they were trying to smuggle it themselves, would they not remove it and not make a fuss?

1912427_10152007966194843_560489036_n.jpg

Genius

No i'm saying that the Marijuana was in HER bag and you can't tell me that if she only packed the boogie board and the flippers that she has claimed, that you wouldn't wonder why your bag was heavier than usual.
She got what she deserved.

Exactly what I wondered from day 1 - boogie board & flippers inside the cover, how thick would that be? The 4kg sealed bag would make it like a pillow surely, much bigger and heavier!

When waiting to collect her luggage - if innocent - why wouldn't she notice this, and think shivers, what the heck is that? No way it's mine! Maybe let the baggage conveyer go around again, pretend to be searching for her bags, rip the name tag off and walk away...

Agreed. You have to think why would customs workers play around with 4kg. These guys have the potential to push through 100's of kilos. 4kg is pretty small time when its on the world stage.

Also, what do customs have to gain by breaking open some random persons bag and stuffing 4kg of weed in it?

If they were trying to smuggle it themselves, would they not remove it and not make a fuss?

According to the book the Corbys were regulars at this. They allegedly lucked out when their normally compliant Customs guys were spooked by an Inspector who wasn't on the take. Schapelle was doubly unlucky as , allegedly once again , the decision to use her boogy bag was a late one as a result of the late arrival from Adelaide of the weed and the need to get it to Bali.

I believe she is guilty but always thought the smuggling was for personal use ( I'm aware it's a feckload of weed). If they were looking to profit with Australian grown weed, wouldn't it be better to sell it in Australia. If they wanted to sell in Bali, wouldn't it have been easier, safer and cheaper to source it from elsewhere.

I am of the opinion the family and friends were big smokers enjoyed holidays in Bali, took their own weed and on this occasion decided to take a very large amount.

The whole family were complicit, with Schappele perhaps being Naive. It has always surprised me that she hasn't implicated any of her family, and tried to reduce her sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her sister lives there and am sure has a heap of Aussie friends and family. People can smoke an ounce in a of days, there are 38 ounces in a KG, you'd be surprised how quickly that could go.

Again, with minimal risk, would have been easier to move in Aus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back