Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep spot on with all points really. The driving one was and is ridiculous though. What better time to practice as a learner driver than on quiet roads. Won't spread corona from your car, no safety issues...
Of course it was. However it rammed home to a large portion of people the position the state government is taking in regard to their ‘stay home’ and ‘non-essential travel’ edicts

No, they clearly broke the rules. It isn't hard to follow them. Not sure why you're hell bent on defending these idiots continually flout them and think they're bigger than the law.

How are they breaking rules when they were playing PS4 inside a house? it's not like they were playing in a public area. if I'm not mistaken you are allowed to invite 1 or 2 guests over.

I saw a heap of reports of people in queues out the front of Bunnings over the weekend, I wouldn't stand in a queue right now to get in anywhere. Forget it.
So lets apply some common sense to the 'laws' for the 'stay home' virtue signallers.

You can queue up anywhere and quite obviously not follow 2m separation rules but someone dare visit a friend to try and gain some normality and they deserve a $1600 fine? Makes sense...

So lets apply some common sense to the 'laws' for the 'stay home' virtue signallers.

You can queue up anywhere and quite obviously not follow 2m separation rules but someone dare visit a friend to try and gain some normality and they deserve a $1600 fine? Makes sense...

These people need to ******* relax.

How would you describe the ones protesting their rights to not be locked up in a police state as its only a bad flu ?

Sooks?

A pandemic is actually exactly when a Libertarian would support Government intervention.

They aren't anti-medical science so they would have zero issue with a government forming a sensible policy based on medical advice.

You seem to be confusing libertarian with general anti-authority type people

The kind who hate the cops for example.

I'm calling it now, we have locked down too early, particularly in WA.

We don't have any community spread in WA. We don't have a vaccine and there may never be one. Are we going to quarantine people forever?

The lockdown is appropriate when you have 20k+ cases in a small area. We have a quarter of that across the entire country.

We have wrecked the economy for the past 4 weeks and got no closer to having an actual solution.

We have all the eggs in the vaccine basket and we don't even have a vaccine for MERS or SARS. This is madness.

We need herd immunity and to flatten the curve which means we actually need to let people out and let it spread, then lock down for 2-4 weeks. to clear the backlog, then begin again.

The cops wouldn't have been in their house checking up on them and in a position to issue a fine unless they were supposed to be isolating is my thinking but it's not as if there isn't an alternative to connecting and playing games with friends, like the internet.

How are they breaking rules when they were playing PS4 inside a house? it's not like they were playing in a public area. if I'm not mistaken you are allowed to invite 1 or 2 guests over.

The rule is 1 guest.

We need herd immunity and to flatten the curve which means we actually need to let people out and let it spread, then lock down for 2-4 weeks. to clear the backlog, then begin again.

That would result in unthinkable amounts in the ICU and morgue. There is a reason why no country thinks letting it spread is the solution, even if for a little while. With how contagious this is letting it relax for a 'little bit' can be lethal for an unacceptable amount of people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would result in unthinkable amounts in the ICU and morgue. There is a reason why no country thinks letting it spread is the solution, even if for a little while. With how contagious this is letting it relax for a 'little bit' can be lethal for an unacceptable amount of people.

there is an acceptable amount of people to die with this. Its unfortunate but that is the reality. Thats what you need to understand.

We can't rely on a vaccine. We can't lockdown forever and quarantine the country forever.

We need to have it spread in a relatively controlled way. Currently, it is not spreading enough because we have governments going totally overboard.

We need it to spread enough to have it manageable in the hospitals. Thats it. Everything else is relying on a vaccine which may never come. or come in 2 years time.

Oh ... I didn't know that.

The rule is no gathering of more than 2 people, with exceptions being made if they are from the same household. There were 3 people from 3 different households. You could argue maybe should have copped a warning and moved on for something fairly trivial but they are in breach of guidelines.

there is an acceptable amount of people to die with this. Its unfortunate but that is the reality. Thats what you need to understand.

We can't rely on a vaccine. We can't lockdown forever and quarantine the country forever.

We need to have it spread in a relatively controlled way. Currently, it is not spreading enough because we have governments going totally overboard.

We need it to spread enough to have it manageable in the hospitals. Thats it. Everything else is relying on a vaccine which may never come. or come in 2 years time.

I understand that completely. People will die no matter what, even with a total lockdown.

Already conceded people will die and it's not being eliminated any time soon - the key is to control it so that there aren't people who die who could have been saved if there was room in the ICU and staff and equipment available to look after them. Herd immunity within say a couple of years would be cataclysmic, don't think we (or many other countries in the world) are aiming for that.

I'm calling it now, we have locked down too early, particularly in WA.

We don't have any community spread in WA. We don't have a vaccine and there may never be one. Are we going to quarantine people forever?

The lockdown is appropriate when you have 20k+ cases in a small area. We have a quarter of that across the entire country.

We have wrecked the economy for the past 4 weeks and got no closer to having an actual solution.

We have all the eggs in the vaccine basket and we don't even have a vaccine for MERS or SARS. This is madness.

Thank * you're not in charge.

Your plan seems only too happy to put more have health care workers lives at risk so it can be carried out.

Awesome that you're cool with playing Russian roulette with other people's lives.

I understand that completely. People will die no matter what, even with a total lockdown.

Already conceded people will die and it's not being eliminated any time soon - the key is to control it so that there aren't people who die who could have been saved if there was room in the ICU and staff and equipment available to look after them. Herd immunity within say a couple of years would be cataclysmic, don't think we (or many other countries in the world) are aiming for that.

flattening the curve had a plan of around 6 months to get through this. That was the original plan. If we want to achieve this we need to relax the lockdowns. With the current lockdown it will take until the end of the year at least. At least.

A couple of years would be cataclysmic for our economy, not something we should be entertaining.

flattening the curve had a plan of around 6 months to get through this. That was the original plan. If we want to achieve this we need to relax the lockdowns. With the current lockdown it will take until the end of the year at least. At least.

A couple of years would be cataclysmic for our economy, not something we should be entertaining.

I am sure people smarter than us are looking at the stats and models and advising the government appropriately. It's a delicate balance but in the end the priority is avoidable deaths.

Well I wouldn't be happy expecting health workers to put their lives and their families lives at a much higher risk than needs to be.

What do you do for a job?

There is a risk regardless.

If we have adequate ICU beds then we should be trying to fit the curve to the ICU beds.

The only reason i can see for a lockdown is two reasons
1) stop unconstrained exponential growth (tick, we have quarantined external sources and have a good testing regime)
2) massive investment into additional ICU / ventilators (haven't see much of this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back