nathspazz

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2004
Renmark
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
West Tigers
Clearly still one of the elite midfielders in the comp after 351 games, is it unrealistic to think he could play another 3 years and reach the milestone?

I hope he plays. He's my favourite non-Richmond player. For what it's worth, got enormous respect for him and deserves all the accolades he gets :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants to, St Kilda would probably have to make at least the prelims for the next two years if he is to play to 400.

I very much doubt he is going to play 20+ games for two years running.

A more likely scenario would be 3 more years averaging about 15 games a season

The guy is a great....He is the only reason I find myself hoping the saints win each week.

Aweseome player, a gentleman and all round great guy.

Has given all to a club that hasn't returned the favour sadly.

Would be great to see him go on next year (the odds are still against that) but 2 more seasons is asking a lot. If he retires this year he'll go out on a high and be remembered even moreso as one of the greats.

I very much doubt he is going to play 20+ games for two years running.

A more likely scenario would be 3 more years averaging about 15 games a season

He had played 40 straight games until he did his hammy against Freo.

He's always been a fitness fanatic and sometimes that's been to his detriment when it's come to injuries because he's often pushed himself too far but he's a lot smarter now.

I'm hopeful that he can go around for another year (the premiership dream is a long way off this season) but I'd be shocked if he was still playing in 2009.

i think he has to be fit in himself, and the saints look like they are a geniune chance for the finals in 08.

if say a bunch of players walk out as some rumours indicate harvey might be inclined to give it away.

if the core of the playing group re-sign, i can see him going around again, especially if he finishes the season injury free.

and jeez there are some fumb ducks who wanted to trade montagna away because he didn't develop at the same pace as some of the other guys.

Not impossible I dont think

They said on the age website that the saints honnoured him again tonight - id wish theyd get their skates on and honnour him with that premiership (dont mean to affend saints fans!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back