Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2021 - “2nd comes right after 1st”

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 2 SA girls in the AFLW 2021 elite Academy squad.
2021 NAB AFLW Academy
Zoe Prowse (Sturt SA, ruck)
Gypsy Schirmer (South Adelaide SA, forward)

What I find interesting is that the SANFLW was able to finish the season and of the 2020 Statewide Super SA Under 18 Girls Academy 39 of the 52 played senior footy in the SANFLW in 2020. Will the National Champs in 2021 become an Under 19.

Noteworthy that the SANFLW has completed their expansion from 4 teams in 2017 to the 8 teams by 2019. There has been a high reliance on the Under 18 and this rush might be lessened as all clubs are consolidating. Noting that we had a couple of very very good 16 years old players in 2020.

It helps that we have an excellent captain in Randall still there.

I imagine the likes of Hatchard, Allan and Marinoff are earmarked as leaders of the future although still very young. Ang Foley is still there of course. Not sure who the other leaders are now that Cramey and J Foley are gone. The club has mentioned Sedunary in this regard before but I think it remains to be seen if she is even best 21 in our squad.

Last edited:
Phillips stepped down as captain
https://www.afc.com.au/news/847732

As she said she wants new leaders to emerge, definitely a bit of a hole in that department in the squad as it showed last season without Chelsea and Erin.

They don't stop leading because they relinquish the title. But it does create an opportunity for others to step up.

I’m ok if Chelsea remains as the sole captain this year. She deserves this title for her attitude and club services.

Hopefully Erin can focus more on her footy and give us 1-2 more great years of footy highlights!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you'd only get those sorts of scores in strong wind

A combined total of 4 goals 34 points.

giphy-downsized.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back