Preview Crows vs Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

They are ... But there core today is almost entirely has-beens in ottens and Henderson , never gonna bes in beech , and fringe 22 players . It's like a who's who of not good enough to be anything better than bottom afl players but good at sanfl level players. All they need is callinan still running around for them .
Disagree. Knight, Lyons, Ramsay and Cameron would be well ahead of our equivalent fringe players

Umpire taking p!ss. let go about 10 crows throws, and then calls one for the crows. Still like others thought we might be blown away and we've been more than competitive.

Seriously what was that free for in centre?

Disagree. Knight, Lyons, Ramsay and Cameron would be well ahead of our equivalent fringe players

Lyons has never established himself in the afl despite having every chance to do so. He is the epitome of not good enough for afl bit too good for sanfl that I mentioned. Ramsay is ok for where they picked him. No guarantee to make it at afl hasn't even debuted he is similar level to Austin so not sure how you compare him to clurey ? Cameron is pretty much afl first 22 for crows. As we have seen in this game he is icing on top type player who is up when his team is up.

As my post said this crows sanfl team is stacked full of bottom level afl types and too good for sanfl types

That's not saying there is no young promise or no afl level players in that squad , but it is stacked full of the types I mentioned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summerton, Masters, Butcher our top 3. Butcher played his best ever game.

Not sure how Snelling only ended up with 9 touches, got first hands on the ball heaps at stoppages and played a big part in turning the game for us in the 2nd and 3rd. Might play an AFL game this year if we continue to struggle in the middle.

Good effort from port

1st and 4th qtrs were marred by baffling umpiring decisions ...

After the 1st qtr port worked harder to get numbers to contests and to space. Were cleaner then the first though still fumbly but cleaner at times in the 2nd and 3 rd.

Game was much closer then the end figures would tell you. Crows had more run and umps baffling decision making gave crows some sealers that they didn't need.

Crows great by foot , always going the short option and neatly hitting targets . Butch drew the ball and made contests.

I thought butcher was great. Yes he cops a lot of criticism for his kicking but he gives a better contest than a lot of AFL forwards

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Disappointing but glad to see Port show some real heart after yesterday. Butcher was fantastic, if he keeps that up he still has a future at AFL level. Really like the look and speed of R. Young too, would make a a fantastic addition to the rookie list next year I reckon.

I checked the 3/4 time stats, the tingle ruckman had 22 hit outs to Ross's 13.
The tingle bloke finished the game with 43 hitouts, Ross finished with 15.
Ross may have been taken off, or he may have just run out of gas, but such a large hit out supremacy in 1 qtr would probably account for a fair slice of a 45 point turnaround.

Mitchell had 39 touches, 6 clearances and a goal, how did you see his game?

Not as impressive as the numbers ..

Had some very good moments , and costly moments . Still in our bests just by sheer volume of work. His problem is the same as always. Works hard to run into space , fumbling the ball and poor disposal in both execution and decision making but through sheer numbers makes something work eventually out of his disposals just by getting it enough times something works.

I was thinking today how much our afl side needs a jarod Schofield and Mitchell isn't him unfortunately

Geez looking at the stats, the younger brigade is definitely struggling a bit, Snelling, Johnson and Hewett all very quiet. How'd they look on TV.

Geez looking at the stats, the younger brigade is definitely struggling a bit, Snelling, Johnson and Hewett all very quiet. How'd they look on TV.

All first year players so should not be expected to be great straight up.

Hewett was unsighted for much. Snelling was always around the packs but didn't seem to really be doing anything , also I didn't see him winning ball in space. Johnson as a terrier chasing with pressure but didn't really do much with the ball.

Bonner was the standout first year player. Got a bit of it and kicking was super long. Needs to hit targets better but sometimes it looked like players didn't read it too well either. Seemed to know where to go to receive the ball. Good first up look at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back