Damien Hardwick - Sticking it up the doubters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Does anyone know if Dimma holds the AFL record for most games coached without a finals win?

They should bring in a special pre finals trading week so that North can send Jarrad Waite to whoever Richmond have first week up.

They should bring in a special pre finals trading week so that North can send Jarrad Waite to whoever Richmond have first week up.
Either that or move the game to Adelaide Oval maybe?

Either that or move the game to Adelaide Oval maybe?

Waitey would look good in either teal or whatever hideous mix of colours you call the Crows outfit.

I never said anything about your gameplan not changing.

I was talking about Hardwick's situation.
You said the only thing that's changed is we've won games against teams we had a shot against. The reason we have won these games is due to a complete overhaul of the game plan which has been an utter success albeit only 5 games in. Surely dimma gets some credit for this?

People keep looking at the Tigers from a contending perspective. That's not what they would be looking at.

Look at it from an improvement perspective and they are well ahead. In the preseason, they were favoured to finish bottom 4. Now they are 5-0 and look to be likely finalists with not only a revamped gameplan, but also a significant improvement from both their youth and senior players. They look like a different side to last year.

This weekend will show us where they are at compared to the top teams, but they are certainly far away from being the bottom team that they looked to be at the end of last year
Exactly, the "Good Judges" had the Tigers bottom four. That's because the experts have the memories of goldfish.
Richmond had the nucleus of a decent side in 13/14/15 that hit a wall in 2016 but with Rance, Reiwoldt, Cotchin, Martin etc a solid core was still there.
Nankervis in and Vickery out is huge, IMO and the improvement in Butler, Castagna and Rioli significant.
Grimes and Astbury both being injury free at the same time gives a real solidity to the back six and Prestia and Caddy have taken pressure off the forwards and mids.
All most fair minded supporters want is their team to be honest in their efforts, if you are and good enough the results will follow.
Our list still has major holes and we won't win a flag this season, hope I'm spectacularly wrong :D, but I don't feel ANY team can pencil us in for an easy win.

If Richmonds run continues it will give oxygen to the Buckley lovers, "But Hardwick needed 7years etc etc".
Now that would be a nice bonus. :p

Need to win a final.
All too true but to win one you have to make one...tracking ok, so far.

Then why the melt???

Results are positive, Richmond 5-0, the support crew are complementing the "donkey" as others have pointed out and the cart is rolling forward.

Your attitude seems bizarre. Anyone would think Richmond are 0-5
Has a real hard on for Hardwick, seems almost personal.
Posted on our board that Dimma has zero to do with our improvement.

Crows,Dogs,Freo,GWS

Need to see how they go the next 4 games.
Freo are crap tho arent they?
Well at least thats what i was told when Port belted them.
Richmond wont win anyone over if they win that one.
The other 3 will be very good indicators wont they.

Hardwick is coach of the year, best going around atm. Richmond would be stupid not to give him a five year contract extension before his is lured away by another club.

Good on 'em. Glad to see some ex Suns playing well too. Hope to see Richo on the MCG fence crying as his old team wins the GF. Its gonna happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said the only thing that's changed is we've won games against teams we had a shot against. The reason we have won these games is due to a complete overhaul of the game plan which has been an utter success albeit only 5 games in. Surely dimma gets some credit for this?
Utter success
After 5 games
Jeesh and pffft

It is a long season

Soft soft draw so far , crows will put this comedy to an end ! AFL plot to get memberships and attendances up by giving hope to the manic tiger tribe by easy start and false expectations

Woopin time is coming tigers !
Lol!

Yes, the only team we've wooped is your mob on your home turf. Considering Chris MacDermott had us winning only 4 games for the year and finishing below you, you shouldn't be celebrating our supposed imminent demise. Look at your own rabble before you start prancing around with comments like that.

I love all the comments of how "lucky" we've been every week we've played.

There is no luck involved. Jake Spencer was taken out by a brutally executed but fair side bump. That's not luck. That's a result of good old physical footy. At 3 quarter time it was 7.11 to 11.7 so despite us being 20 points down we had the same number of scoring shots. How come people aren't saying we were unlucky not to win by more? This is considering against Collingwood we were "lucky" because they were inaccurate!

So you see, people will spin it anyway they like to suit their argument. The fact is we have beaten several teams that were predicted to have been better than us. I'm not saying we are a great side as we are only 5 games into a long season. However, you can only beat who is put in front of you and so far that's what we've done.

I look forward to Sunday. I'm not expecting a victory as they are a very good team on their own home ground (which we all know is a huge advantage). If we can be competitive and give the Crows a bit of a scare, I will be delighted. I wonder if that happens if posters will just say we were lucky because Adelaide was off that day?

The challenge is what we all love in footy and why this game will be watched by many.

I love all the comments of how "lucky" we've been every week we've played.

There is no luck involved. Jake Spencer was taken out by a brutally executed but fair side bump. That's not luck. That's a result of good old physical footy. At 3 quarter time it was 7.11 to 11.7 so despite us being 20 points down we had the same number of scoring shots. How come people aren't saying we were unlucky not to win by more? This is considering against Collingwood we were "lucky" because they were inaccurate!

So you see, people will spin it anyway they like to suit their argument. The fact is we have beaten several teams that were predicted to have been better than us. I'm not saying we are a great side as we are only 5 games into a long season. However, you can only beat who is put in front of you and so far that's what we've done.

I look forward to Sunday. I'm not expecting a victory as they are a very good team on their own home ground (which we all know is a huge advantage). If we can be competitive and give the Crows a bit of a scare, I will be delighted. I wonder if that happens if posters will just say we were lucky because Adelaide was off that day?

The challenge is what we all love in footy and why this game will be watched by many.
Not to mention we ended up with 4 more scoring shots against the pies however misses obviously only count when you lose the game.

Get back to us in six months' time. If they make the eight and don't win a final, it's all moot. The ultimate act of sticking it to the doubters would be for the Tigers to win a final.
True, but it's all relative. Most experts had us finishing bottom 4. Still not impossible but unlikely.

Simply win a final then he has proven he can coach have to smile they have achieved nothing for how long. Home and away games only give you an opportunity to put in a position were you are in consideration.

Finals are the true test

Hardwick is coach of the year, best going around atm. Richmond would be stupid not to give him a five year contract extension before his is lured away by another club.

I was against him getting his two year extension but talk of him being sacked early has receded. Good for club stability I spose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back