Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would he leave the bombers?
Up until recently was either played out of position or not at all.
We are seeing his best when played where he suits. Hoping he opts to stay. We are only just getting our midfield right.
Shiel in for zaka and Smith in somewhere and I think it's resembling the best we have

Just need the Fwd line sorted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a question that's been asked of him or the club so far, so there aren't any reports about it yet. It's only round 10, they'll come. More broadly, there hasn't been any comment from the club or players (or from player managers or "inside sources") about any of our out of contract players at this point. Everyone is a bit preoccupied with our coach, injuries, mid-season draft etc. All I can find on google is speculation from the Herald Sun saying Parish is being chased by a long list of clubs. Collingwood have always been interested though, and the way he's playing it's not surprising that other clubs are too.

He's fairly well established at the club and in the playing group, he's close with McGrath these days I think, and a few of the other guys from his draft year. As a twenty year old third year player the question will most probably be about wages, opportunity and his place in the team. With Myers out of favour and injuries hitting he'll definitely get his chances in the midfield this year and should get the pay day to go with it. As long as that happens I can't really see him wanting to leave.

If Kelly goes, could see us trying to snare him as a former Falcons junior. Would be a great fit for us. Would be part of a wider contingency along with Steven/other targets to fill the hole Kelly leaves, but definitely has the talent and the ability to fit straight in to our best 22

Hate to burst this bubble but it's hard to see a Victorian kid make a career decision to change states based on nothing but being friends with a fringe 22 player.

We got Neale on the back of "competitive but not as many wins to show for" season. 2019 looks much better, we will start attracting players with potential for finals footy.

Hate to burst this bubble but it's hard to see a Victorian kid make a career decision to change states based on nothing but being friends with a fringe 22 player.
It would be a factor considered. If you're tempted to join another club and you have a mate already at that club, it certainly helps the club that's being considered.

Matho is signed for another 2 or 3 years. So he isn't going anywhere soon.

I certainly am not getting my hopes up of it happening, but there would be a certain amount of poetic justice to Darcy coming to Brisbane.

Many essendon fans were of the opinion that Matho would be asking to be traded to their club within a year or two of being drafted by us so he could get away from the Lions and play with his best mate...

It would be a factor considered. If you're tempted to join another club and you have a mate already at that club, it certainly helps the club that's being considered.

Matho is signed for another 2 or 3 years. So he isn't going anywhere soon.

I certainly am not getting my hopes up of it happening, but there would be a certain amount of poetic justice to Darcy coming to Brisbane.

Many essendon fans were of the opinion that Matho would be asking to be traded to their club within a year or two of being drafted by us so he could get away from the Lions and play with his best mate...
That's because Matho is a meme on our board as many felt we should have drafted him over Morgan and Redman lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back