Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

And to all these supporters stating Brisbane do not want to trade, its Beams who wants to go to Brisbane. Come on, spare as all the BS. Do you really believe Brisbane don't desperately want Beams. Listen to what your players have said , listen to what swan has said. Have a look at your last 8 or 9 years. Your are all desperate to get him. I don't blame you for want to pay unders anymore than I blame us for wanting a fair deal but don't try and tell us that you only want him because he has ask to go there.

I'm sure we would be pretty keen on Beams but I'm not sure about "Desperate". When you say desperate you are implying we would do almost anything to get him.

Mayes and Aish are already fantastic players. The difference between them and Beams is games played and losing one of them and pick 4 doesn't win us a cup in 2 years anyway.

Telling the young talent that we can do without them is like asking for another go home 5.

Would rather get a cheaper Ryder than bargain with Collingwood and get ****ed over.

Probably be better..? Have you got the lotto numbers for next week too..?

Beams is where he is at right now, All Australian, Best and Fairest Top 2 player at Collingwood.

Aish was a good first year player, but nobody can predict whether he is ever All Australian or ever wins a Best and Fairest..
Beams is a one time AA player, how do we know if he'll ever make that 2? We don't, but what we know that Aish's figures mirror Beams first season incredibly well, Mayes is a gun talent. Brisbane are 2-3 years away from being a finals side so why would we pay clear overs for Beams when in 3 years Aish and Mayes could well be knocking on the door of AA. We're all looking into various crystal balls and no-one actually knows what we are seeing.

Collingwood fans seem to think that clubs are willing to do some crazy trades for players, the things I'm seeing are on a par with the Judd trade to Carlton and Beams is not near Judd of 2007, Judd was then one of the top 3 players in the league, Beams whilst a quality player sits somewhere around 15-25, definitely not top 10 even.

Mayes and Aish are already fantastic players. The difference between them and Beams is games played and losing one of them and pick 4 doesn't win us a cup in 2 years anyway.

Telling the young talent that we can do without them is like asking for another go home 5.

Would rather get a cheaper Ryder than bargain with Collingwood and get ****ed over.

I'd like to see Collingwood play hardball. Pathetic the way AFL players who aren't free agents are allowed to sook their way back to their home states (and then nominate a club within that state).

Now that free agency is here players should be tied to their clubs until they qualify for free agency, there should be no option of going to the PSD. By all means request a trade but if a suitable one isn't offered, bad luck.

Has anyone ever heard of a player in the US major sports publicly requesting a move back home? No, because they would be rightly ridiculed. If you're that homesick than retire and go work as an accountant or gas station attendant or something.

Melbourne is a 1 and a half hour flight from Brisbane. The players also get a pretty chunky offseason in which to sulk at home.

Oh boy, where to begin with this post.

I do recall AFL being an AUSTRALIAN sport, as it is in the name. The A does indeed stand for Australian, not American in case you forgot. There's a massive difference between AFL and American sports and these differences are what make us love the game.

Sulking? Wow, what a little bitch Dayne is for sulking about his father being seriously ill. If you genuinely believe it's ridiculous for him to be having a 'sook' over this, then you are a tosser. Let's not forget he already has family in Melbourne and he wanted to stay in Melbourne...

Beams is a one time AA player, how do we know if he'll ever make that 2? We don't, but what we know that Aish's figures mirror Beams first season incredibly well, Mayes is a gun talent. Brisbane are 2-3 years away from being a finals side so why would we pay clear overs for Beams when in 3 years Aish and Mayes could well be knocking on the door of AA. We're all looking into various crystal balls and no-one actually knows what we are seeing.

Collingwood fans seem to think that clubs are willing to do some crazy trades for players, the things I'm seeing are on a par with the Judd trade to Carlton and Beams is not near Judd of 2007, Judd was then one of the top 3 players in the league, Beams whilst a quality player sits somewhere around 15-25, definitely not top 10 even.

AA in 2012, missed a chunk of 2013, AA Squad in 2014.
Lets say he is the 18th best player in the League, He is the Best at your club. Literally Number 1 with Rockliff nipping at his Heels.

I'm not suggesting a Judd trade like trade.

West Coast received 3, 20 and Kennedy (Pick 4 KPF)

They gave up Pick 46 to Carlton along with Judd..

Beams and Pick 28 is surely worth Pick 4/5 (frawley compo to come) and Aish/Mayes. It is Less than the Judd Deal and more than the Burgoyne Deal.

The reason you pay "clear overs" (which is actually evens), is because Beams IS a gun. You know he won't Rhys Palmer or Cale Morton it, and thus demands more of a premium in "potential".

And to all these supporters stating Brisbane do not want to trade, its Beams who wants to go to Brisbane. Come on, spare as all the BS. Do you really believe Brisbane don't desperately want Beams. Listen to what your players have said , listen to what swan has said. Have a look at your last 8 or 9 years. Your are all desperate to get him. I don't blame you for want to pay unders anymore than I blame us for wanting a fair deal but don't try and tell us that you only want him because he has ask to go there.

Ah, I see. You work in list management in Brisbane.

Beams' name was thrown in the hat and the players simply said "of course we'd love to have him", as would players from 17 other clubs. What do Brisbane's last 8-9 years have to do with anything? Yeah, they were dreadful, but now they are finally building their culture back up, so the last thing they need is to completely kill the hard work they have put into making Brisbane a club that players genuinely want to play at over the last 12 months.

If anything, Beams for a young gun is the OPPOSITE of what a club like Brisbane should want to do right now. Clubs that are rebuilding have to keep their key young players that want to be there. This is the kind of trade that would suit a Sydney or Hawthorn, someone who's Premiership window is the next few years. Brisbane's is still a few years away, so therefore they need their developing youngsters to hang around.

Also, would Collingwood fans please stop saying Beams is better than Rockliff? The results in the poll on the polls board were pretty decisive.

I disagree. Brisbane hold all of the cards. Tell me the last player to demand a trade to a club that didn't eventuate?
There is no way Beams is at the Pies next year.

Ryan OKeefe
Nick Stevens
Luke Ball

Would rather get a cheaper Ryder than bargain with Collingwood and get ****** over.

That is actually fair enough i can understand that

But you will need to find something along with Pick 4 might involve Merret being package up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, I see. You work in list management in Brisbane.

Beams' name was thrown in the hat and the players simply said "of course we'd love to have him", as would players from 17 other clubs. What do Brisbane's last 8-9 years have to do with anything? Yeah, they were dreadful, but now they are finally building their culture back up, so the last thing they need is to completely kill the hard work they have put into making Brisbane a club that players genuinely want to play at over the last 12 months.

If anything, Beams for a young gun is the OPPOSITE of what a club like Brisbane should want to do right now. Clubs that are rebuilding have to keep their key young players that want to be there. This is the kind of trade that would suit a Sydney or Hawthorn, someone who's Premiership window is the next few years. Brisbane's is still a few years away, so therefore they need their developing youngsters to hang around.

Also, would Collingwood fans please stop saying Beams is better than Rockliff? The results in the poll on the polls board were pretty decisive.
Ideally yes you'd bring Beams in when you were in your window. But I think there's a few reasons why this trade has to be done for Brisbane:
1. Beams is young enough
2. Beams is good enough
3. The swing of bringing a player in counteracts the recent culture of players leaving (even if that was started by bringing Fev in)
4. Short of a live lion at the ground, winning games and winning them soon is the best thing Brisbane can do to fix their finances. Sydney can't afford to rebuild according to Paul Roos and Andrew Ireland. Why can Brisbane?

It's a calculated risk but I think it would be worth 'it'. It being a big contract, pick 4/5 and something else reasonable. Good young players shouldn't be part of it. Mid level talents and/or pick upgrades sure.

Pick 4 is not enough but the Pies are dreaming if they'll get 4 & Aish. 4 and another player would be sufficient but who that player is is hard to say. There's only a few on the list that I'd see the Pies agreeing to (Mayes, Hanley, Rich) however I'm unsure if Brissy would give up any of these. If Brisbane can find a way to get another 1st round pick and bundle that with pick 4 it should be enough to get the deal done, maybe with a swap of later picks as well.

The reason you pay "clear overs" (which is actually evens), is because Beams IS a gun. You know he won't Rhys Palmer or Cale Morton it, and thus demands more of a premium in "potential".
Never suggest he would, I know plenty of Freo supporters who keep laughing at the Rhys Palmer deal.

Player wants to leave club = pay unders not overs as don't need a big carrott to get him out.

Nonsense. They demand trades all the time. The threat of the PSD constitutes exactly that.

They are also very well compensated.

They are not very well compensated. The average salary is just over $200,000 (that's not even three times the average salary for a job that lasts a quarter as long at best). The NFL thirds players get $500,000 a year. We have a trumped up amateur league.

Ideally yes you'd bring Beams in when you were in your window. But I think there's a few reasons why this trade has to be done for Brisbane:
1. Beams is young enough
2. Beams is good enough
3. The swing of bringing a player in counteracts the recent culture of players leaving (even if that was started by bringing Fev in)
4. Short of a live lion at the ground, winning games and winning them soon is the best thing Brisbane can do to fix their finances. Sydney can't afford to rebuild according to Paul Roos and Andrew Ireland. Why can Brisbane?

It's a calculated risk but I think it would be worth 'it'. It being a big contract, pick 4/5 and something else reasonable. Good young players shouldn't be part of it. Mid level talents and/or pick upgrades sure.

Oh I agree, it's definitely worth 'it' as you put it. That post was simply in response to names like Aish and Mayes being thrown around.

I think a suitable trade if Merrett were involved would be:
Brisbane: First round pick, Daniel Merrett, third round pick
Collingwood: Dayne Beams, third round pick

Maybe an exchange of second round picks instead of third.

That is actually fair enough i can understand that

But you will need to find something along with Pick 4 might involve Merret being package up

If you want Merrett you can have him, he's been delisted. Hell you can chuck in Polkinghorne as well if you want :)

Oh boy, where to begin with this post.

I do recall AFL being an AUSTRALIAN sport, as it is in the name. The A does indeed stand for Australian, not American in case you forgot. There's a massive difference between AFL and American sports and these differences are what make us love the game.

Sulking? Wow, what a little bitch Dayne is for sulking about his father being seriously ill. If you genuinely believe it's ridiculous for him to be having a 'sook' over this, then you are a tosser. Let's not forget he already has family in Melbourne and he wanted to stay in Melbourne...

Fine. Get rid of contracts altogether then. Players can just decide who they play for each year. How good a comp would that be?

Who decides which reason is justifiable (e.g. family illness) or which isn't ("I'm homesick and miss my mates")?

Beams lives in Melbourne, not Europe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back