No Opposition Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

relapse

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I see Mark Maclure has given both barrels to our old mate Brackets.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/carlton-great-mark-maclure-thinks-the-blues-should-drop-gun-recruit-mitch-mcgovern/news-story/8da3af7b15aa068d26ba37926c14c245

Maclure expects the Blues to lose patience with McGovern in the coming weeks.

“He had five touches. I’m not certain that they will play him in the next few weeks,” Maclure said on Fox Footy.

“For mine, he doesn’t work hard enough and we’ve all talked about that.”

Mr_Moogle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Didn't Carlton ask for one last year but the AFL knocked them back?
The AFL basically begged them to apply for one and turned them down anyway. It was hilarious. The reaction from Blues fan was pretty funny too. A whole lot of them went from "I wonder what PP we get" to "we don't need another skinny kid anyway".

MemoryLane

Debutant
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Priority Picks should have been completely removed as a possibility with the introduction of future pick trading.

Unbelievable they weren't really.
AFL should just make the first 10 picks sacrosanct. That covers the teams that didn't make finals (or traded cleverly with such a team). Give a PP at 11 but the team awarded it MUST trade it for a player.

The whole idea that drafting a young gun even @ 1 suddenly solves your problems is absurd.

Trading 11 gets you a genuine,proven player.

The team is also awarded an end of first round PP the year after (19) They can either use it or trade it.

Using something like this means that clubs who trade for the following draft are somewhat protected whilst the pick itself comes in the draft after next.

And as any Carlton supporter will tell you right now, 11 and 19 is totally worth #2 right?

Mr_Moogle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Lol Carlton have "managed" Kade Simpson in one of their more winnable games.

Are they tanking?
He was dropped. They just don't want to come out and say it as he's been a good player for them over many years.

I wish someome at Adelaide could "manage" Richard Douglas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crow till I die

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Got to laugh at a carlton supporter and a port supporter polluting the hugh greenwood thread on the main draft board calling hugh a c grader and worth no more than pick 49

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Got to laugh at a carlton supporter and a port supporter polluting the hugh greenwood thread on the main draft board calling hugh a c grader and worth no more than pick 49
Well currently Hugh wouldn't get a game in Ports midfield..... and Carlton do know a C grader when they see one.

TBH they aren't far off, at his best he's a solid B but he's not performing close to that now.

Crow till I die

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well currently Hugh wouldn't get a game in Ports midfield..... and Carlton do know a C grader when they see one.

TBH they aren't far off, at his best he's a solid B but he's not performing close to that now.
I'll take b grader..as for port i did the footywire stats comparison and he is gaving a better year than both ebert and powel pepper. But i disagree with your carlton analysis..they take good players and MAKE them c graders

SaltPeter

"I’m a professional bulls**tter"
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
AFL should just make the first 10 picks sacrosanct. That covers the teams that didn't make finals (or traded cleverly with such a team). Give a PP at 11 but the team awarded it MUST trade it for a player.

The whole idea that drafting a young gun even @ 1 suddenly solves your problems is absurd.

Trading 11 gets you a genuine,proven player.

The team is also awarded an end of first round PP the year after (19) They can either use it or trade it.

Using something like this means that clubs who trade for the following draft are somewhat protected whilst the pick itself comes in the draft after next.

And as any Carlton supporter will tell you right now, 11 and 19 is totally worth #2 right?
The AFL are extremely keen to at least keep the first 2 round selections in the ND "uncompromised"

GC in particular would benefit more from assistance in other areas

Top Bottom