Analysis Death-Riding Melbourne 2018 (now with poll)

Where will Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was in the paper last week I think but gee the AFL have swept the alleged sexual assault by a Melbourne player under the carpet. No investigation, no consequences, no statements. Great message to be putting out there.

Yeah, i want the truth to come out...

...in whatever way best derails their season - maybe round 1 or something?

I'm a bit torn on this one as I like Goody and want him to succeed. I guess it can wait a year though :)
I hope he finishes bottom 4 this year. He can start being successful from 2019 onwards but hope Jake Lever is one of the biggest disappointments of all time.

I hope he finishes bottom 4 this year. He can start being successful from 2019 onwards but hope Jake Lever is one of the biggest disappointments of all time.
We're not being bitter in that statement .....but think most feel the same way

AFL Players Association General Manager of Player Development Brett Johnson has downplayed the AFLPA's involvement in Melbourne’s decision to cancel a gruelling pre-season boot camp last month.

The former Hawthorn and Carlton player says the AFLPA were only the facilitators of the conversation between the club and players, confirming that they only got involved in proceedings after a number of Dees players contacted them over potential injury concerns regarding the training camp.

Johnson believes that Melbourne’s decision to cancel the camp was made by the club alone after talking with the players who raised the concerns.

“Our role in that was to just facilitate the conversation between the players

“I think removing the camp was the club’s decision in consultation with the players. I think everyone has moved on from that and I know the players have come back from their break raring to go.”

AFL Players Association General Manager of Player Development Brett Johnson has downplayed the AFLPA's involvement in Melbourne’s decision to cancel a gruelling pre-season boot camp last month.

The former Hawthorn and Carlton player says the AFLPA were only the facilitators of the conversation between the club and players, confirming that they only got involved in proceedings after a number of Dees players contacted them over potential injury concerns regarding the training camp.

Johnson believes that Melbourne’s decision to cancel the camp was made by the club alone after talking with the players who raised the concerns.

“I think removing the camp was the club’s decision in consultation with the players. I think everyone has moved on from that and I know the players have come back from their break raring to go.”
Lol, the horse has well & truly bolted!

Melbourne Treasurer, Jake Lever;), said it really was the club's decision to cancel the trip, and that the head of fitness, Mark 'Jacko' Jackson would have the players in tip top :bread:shape for round 1

Are we death riding Carlton?

No Gibbs no Docherty, could be a very long year. And we own their 2nd round pick which could still be in the teens
Why yes. Yes we are.

Melbourne Treasurer, Jake Lever;), said it really was the club's decision to cancel the trip, and that the head of fitness, Mark 'Jacko' Jackson would have the players in tip top :bread:shape for round 1
Jake Lever is known for accurately portraying what clubs have said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at Carltons best 22. Tag Murphy or Cripps and there is not a lot to be scared about in their lineup. Look like a genuine bottom-4 team. Reckon they will put up a good fight for a quarter and a half most weeks then drop off due the sheer number of young players and burnt-out oldies. A couple more injuries and they will be in a real bad spot. Good thing we have what their 2nd and 3rd round picks. That could well be Pick 19 & 38-ish. Going into this draft with say Pick 11(melbs), 17(ours), 19, 38, 60, 73 leaves us in a good spot to rejuvenate the lower-end of our list. Wouldn't mind a Sydney-like era of constant top-8, top-4 finishes.

Looking at Carltons best 22. Tag Murphy or Cripps and there is not a lot to be scared about in their lineup. Look like a genuine bottom-4 team. Reckon they will put up a good fight for a quarter and a half most weeks then drop off due the sheer number of young players and burnt-out oldies. A couple more injuries and they will be in a real bad spot. Good thing we have what their 2nd and 3rd round picks. That could well be Pick 19 & 38-ish. Going into this draft with say Pick 11(melbs), 17(ours), 19, 38, 60, 73 leaves us in a good spot to rejuvenate the lower-end of our list. Wouldn't mind a Sydney-like era of constant top-8, top-4 finishes.

Whatever those 2 picks end up as, I think we will try and bundle them to get a top 5 pick.

They were desperate, not stupid.

IMO it was an easy an easy decision for the Gold Coast to make. They had a established player wanting to play on the Gold Coast vs an 18 year old kid who may leave in 24 months time.

They might swap a high pick for 2 lower pick but this is not a case to explain it.

Back