Delistings of players

Remove this Banner Ad

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

From memory, last couple of years we've done most of our delistings by now. Yet so far, we haven't even done the obvious ones.
l just thought , maybe they are waiting until after the Syd Barker night.

Don’t understand the doubts on Hall? We need to keep as much experience as possible and he can seriously play. IMO he even defended well one-on-one. If his body holds together, i see him playing 2-3 more seasons.
Hall is the definitive version of the player that people see what he can’t do rather than what he can. He stuffs a few. But takes it on all the time with the courage that most of them do not have and the speed that few of them have. He at least tries to be offensively minded. Plus he and his missus have been good at bringing through the kids and teaching them diet etc. it’s where JHF should have gone.

Hall is the definitive version of the player that people see what he can’t do rather than what he can. He stuffs a few. But takes it on all the time with the courage that most of them do not have and the speed that few of them have. He at least tries to be offensively minded. Plus he and his missus have been good at bringing through the kids and teaching them diet etc. it’s where JHF should have gone.
Hall # 1 in the comp 599.64 m gained per game. 1169 m in a single game against Adelaide.

People are creaming themselves over Goater 237 m in his one game.

Perspective is being blinded by some of his turnovers.

Hall # 1 in the comp 599.64 m gained per game. 1169 m in a single game against Adelaide.

This - he's one of the few that actually attempt to take the tough kicks. I have no issue with him taking them on and missing some.

My concerns about Hall aren’t related to his errors or abilities just that if we do try to trade him he’s worth nothing due to his age and how prone he is to injury, I’m happy to keep him on the list I just doubt we’ll ge more than half a season out of him.

Perspective is being blinded by some of his turnovers
No, people are creaming themselves at Goaters ability to stay calm under pressure, defend well and deliver the footy with accuracy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This - he's one of the few that actually attempt to take the tough kicks. I have no issue with him taking them on and missing some.
Goater, Perez, JHF, Powell (less successfully), TT and LDU all ty to take the tough kicks. So does Sleevo, at times.

Our movement off hb looked better on the weekend (for three quarters.) Hall didn't play.

Geez it’s got me buggard how Rawlings is still there should have gone with McPherson
I suppose looking at his recruiting and list management only, under his watch we drafted Goater and Paul Curtis which look to be excellent picks and JHF was the right pick. The year before Phillips and Powell with our first 2 picks, Lazarro and Spicer not looking good with the next two.

Second rounder and a fair bit of cash for CCJ looks iffy but there's a way to go before that can be judged. Long term contracts given to Lazzaro and Mahony an inexplicable and big mistake.

So there's a bit of a mixed bag but Curtis, Goater and JHF are all going to be very good players.

i think thats a pretty typical rate of attrition, its just that we havnt had any depth what so ever to it has exposed us far worse in recent years.
The fact we have 3 key position players on the list in Mckay, Larkey and Comben says it all. It’s crazy
The problem is, Clarko clearly has 3-4 players he wants to bring in from other clubs. In addition to 3-4 draftees, we simply don't have the list spots. I am fine with delisting Jed to be honest. He is a limited player and doesn't provide leadership that we require. Hall I'd keep because he has the class we badly lack, and his glaring errors can be cleaned up with better coaching IMO.
It’s crazy Jed and Hall go ahead of others. I would be paying out contracts and moving campaigners to the rookie list

If we have so much cap space cut the deadwood even if they have contracts for next year.
We thought Rawlings would come in last year and get to work, all he did was waste draft capital.

The fact we have 3 key position players on the list in Mckay, Larkey and Comben says it all. It’s crazy

It’s crazy Jed and Hall go ahead of others. I would be paying out contracts and moving campaigners to the rookie list
CCJ is a KPP, defnitely not a ruckman. walker is a KPP, same height as larkey. Dawson is 196cm and corr is 195cm...

CCJ is a KPP, defnitely not a ruckman. walker is a KPP, same height as larkey. Dawson is 196cm and corr is 195cm...
If CCJ is a key position player in the same way Harry McKay and Max King are key position players then were ****ed.
Dawson and Corr dont fit the mould and Walker is pretty much gone. It’s a mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back