Delistings of players

Remove this Banner Ad

world louis GIF
A guillotine? These blokes did their best at our club and their dream is about to end. It ends in disappointment, not death.

How many of the other 10 clubs who haven't made finals have announced their delisting? 2 that I've read of. Not all that strange that we haven't yet, especially when you look around at other clubs.

If CCJ is a key position player in the same way Harry McKay and Max King are key position players then were *ed.
Dawson and Corr dont fit the mould and Walker is pretty much gone. It’s a mess
what do you men harry mckay and max king are *ed? lol

Putting CCJ into a conversation about KPFs with Max King and Harry McKay is like throwing Peter Andre in alongside Elvis and Freddie when discussing singers.

Putting CCJ into a conversation about KPFs with Max King and Harry McKay is like throwing Peter Andre in alongside Elvis and Freddie when discussing singers.
Pickett/Mahony, now this. Crikey.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting first cuts to only be Hayden, Bosenvulagi, P.Walker and McGuinness.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Turner and J.Walker (haven't seen this extension trigger ratified anywhere) hold out for a little longer until other list moves are more certain.

Expecting first cuts to only be Hayden, Bosenvulagi, P.Walker and McGuinness.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Turner and J.Walker (haven't seen this extension trigger ratified anywhere) hold out for a little longer until other list moves are more certain.

All those should and will be delisted.
No need to hold out.
Clarko is clearly looking to bring in Shiels etc types.
No need for Turners or Walkers.

All those should and will be delisted.
No need to hold out.
Clarko is clearly looking to bring in Shiels etc types.
No need for Turners or Walkers.
I don’t think we will cut many senior players. We need to add not replace. Turner is a serviceable role/depth player and apparently a high character guy. We are short on key defenders. We would have to bring in 2 key defenders better than Walker to cut him. I just don’t see where we will get those guys?

The only senior players not providing much service are Polec and unfortunately the captain.

I don’t think we will cut many senior players. We need to add not replace. Turner is a serviceable role/depth player and apparently a high character guy. We are short on key defenders. We would have to bring in 2 key defenders better than Walker to cut him. I just don’t see where we will get those guys?

The only senior players not providing much service are Polec and unfortunately the captain.
Turner and Walker are hopeless and should be chopped

I'd be very surprised if Turner and Walker are on the list in 2023. We need to continue to cull and refresh before we climb the ladder.

Have to disagree Speedy.

There would be 30 - 40 DFA's and state league players available , let alone guys we trade for who would be a step up at very least on Turner and Walker.

I agree we need to bring in some experience, but they need to be AFL standard footballers.

Have to disagree Speedy.

There would be 30 - 40 DFA's and state league players available , let alone guys we trade for who would be a step up at very least on Turner and Walker.

I agree we need to bring in some experience, but they need to be AFL standard footballers.
You know Walker is elite one on one defender. McKay and Corr are bottom end in actually being one on one.
But the problem is why would any good player come to us. I would love to know why Neale went to Brissie.
We have thrown away draft picks and I hope we get a couple of extra picks at 19 and 20. We need to go young rather than get a Corr

So let's work under the premise that young players under contract won't be delisted and paid out as it just doesn't happen and stick with real world possibilities for list changes

Atu - gone
Turner - gone
P Walker - gone
Hall - gone
J Walker - pay out if triggered new contract
Polec - pay out
Hayden gone
Scott Cats
Jed Gone

Add Cat B McGuiness, likely gone
Taylor 1
Cunners 2
Goldy 1
Young 1 CZ 3
Hypothetically if that's how we run, what's that leave us for rookie and main list heading into the draft?

You know Walker is elite one on one defender. McKay and Corr are bottom end in actually being one on one.
But the problem is why would any good player come to us. I would love to know why Neale went to Brissie.
We have thrown away draft picks and I hope we get a couple of extra picks at 19 and 20. We need to go young rather than get a Corr
Walker is elite at winning/not losing aerial contests you're right. It's a pity his disposal isn't so good.

Didn't know McKay was so low down on one-on-one contests. Obviously takes a lot of intercept marks.

Corr improved as the season went on - seemed to win more one on ones but that's just my impression. He is actually a thumping, penetrating kick - at the ground it stands out.

Our backline probably had to defend more inside-50s than any side in history. They did OK considering although I see from Rick's Analysis that we were pretty much last for conceding scores per entry but after 60 of them it probably gets harder. We just copped so many repeat entires - our ball movement from D-50 wasn't good enough a/ when sides were set up b/even when they weren't.

We need more class with ball in hand back there. Stephenson was a step in that direction. Knowing Clarkson wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas and other talented users back there. Hodge, Mitchell and Burgoyne all used to play there or hover around half back.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back