D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 3 Men’sSemi-Final 2ElsternwickHawthorn11:45 AMWaverley Oval (East Malvern)
Division 3 Men’s ReservesSemi-Final 1HawthornElsternwick9:00 AMWaverley Oval (East Malvern)
Division 3 Men’sSemi-Final 1CanterburyWattle Park11:45 AMWhitefriars College
Division 3 Men’s ReservesSemi-Final 2RichmondWattle Park9:15 AMWhitefriars College

9 and 9:15 start times for the 2's. Some of these blokes don't get home from a Friday night before 9 am.

11:45 for the seniors.

VAFA has really been thrown a curveball by the late cancellation of Box Hill City Oval.

From all reports, both ground are in very good condition for this time of year.

Why the actual heck are senior finals being played at 9 and 1145 am and on Father’s Day as well? Hopefully this will be replicated for the premier old boys sections next week…nah, didn’t think so.

Vafa don’t give a shite about lower ranked district clubs. Time for a change

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why the actual * are senior finals being played at 9 and 1145 am and on Father’s Day as well? Hopefully this will be replicated for the premier old boys sections next week…nah, didn’t think so.

Vafa don’t give a shite about lower ranked district clubs. Time for a change

I think it's because Box Hill City Oval was pulled out from under the feet of the VAFA at the last minute.

Too many divisions and not enough grounds centrally located to accomodate everyone.

If there is another logical reason, it would certainly be a head scratcher.

I think it's because Box Hill City Oval was pulled out from under the feet of the VAFA at the last minute.

Too many divisions and not enough grounds centrally located to accomodate everyone.

Word is that 2nd semi was scheduled for Bill Lawry Oval on the Sunday. Elsternwick requested the game to be moved to Saturday which was accommodated. Lack of suitable venues meant that three games need to played at available grounds. Women’s football means more grounds required for finals.
Fenced in grounds is the issue here.

Some fair postings here but still poor management by vafa to not have contingencies or simply telling sides request’s can’t be accommodated given logistical constraints.

Even so, surely a double header would be either Div 4 ressies/seniors followed by Div 3? Or 2s/2s/1s/1s with the higher Div having priority?

Ordinary by my council (Whitehorse) if box hill was pulled post commitment - they could’ve (and should’ve) sourced alternative grounds. East burwood Vermont and Blackburn all fenced and could host

Some fair postings here but still poor management by vafa to not have contingencies or simply telling sides request’s can’t be accommodated given logistical constraints.

Even so, surely a double header would be either Div 4 ressies/seniors followed by Div 3? Or 2s/2s/1s/1s with the higher Div having priority?

Ordinary by my council (Whitehorse) if box hill was pulled post commitment - they could’ve (and should’ve) sourced alternative grounds. East burwood Vermont and Blackburn all fenced and could host

Whitehorse only care how Box Hill is presented for TV. Box Hill is guaranteed a home final win or lose and they want the ground to be in the best condition for the coverage. Rain predicted for yesterday and today would have scared them off. Box Hill football club is fully supportive of games being played there.
My issue is the money making nature of the decisions. It seems that the decisions are purely around ticket sales and not in the best interests of the competing clubs. You would think that in the interests of clubs that maybe a final or two is played at a venue that is not fenced in.
It would never happen in the premier grades as Womens and Thirds are finished and then they have more than enough venues.
Its the divisional clubs that get the bum deal in all this.

Whitehorse only care how Box Hill is presented for TV. Box Hill is guaranteed a home final win or lose and they want the ground to be in the best condition for the coverage. Rain predicted for yesterday and today would have scared them off. Box Hill football club is fully supportive of games being played there.
My issue is the money making nature of the decisions. It seems that the decisions are purely around ticket sales and not in the best interests of the competing clubs. You would think that in the interests of clubs that maybe a final or two is played at a venue that is not fenced in.
It would never happen in the premier grades as Womens and Thirds are finished and then they have more than enough venues.
Its the divisional clubs that get the bum deal in all this.
I fully agree. From Div 1 down should be first two weeks of finals hosted by the higher ranked team then the GF at a neutral venue.

I see Footscray is playing Casey in a VFL final at Box Hill this weekend. Assume that’s why it was pulled from the VAFA

Great win by the Citz’s today. Pressure was enormous and they are really well coached. We’ll planned and took away a lot of the Wicks strengths.
Then to move Sam Peet forward with 10 mins to go was a match winner. And, the fact Jones was giving him a bath at the other end.
Only to be marred by disgraceful scenes after the game with Justin Raiti being king hit by an Elsternwick supporter. He was standing next to the coaches 10 year old son who was devastated and inconsolable at what took place.
Hopefully, the law takes care of that thug.
Onwards and upwards for the Citz!!

Great win by the Citz’s today. Pressure was enormous and they are really well coached. We’ll planned and took away a lot of the Wicks strengths.
Then to move Sam Peet forward with 10 mins to go was a match winner. And, the fact Jones was giving him a bath at the other end.
Only to be marred by disgraceful scenes after the game with Justin Raiti being king hit by an Elsternwick supporter. He was standing next to the coaches 10 year old son who was devastated and inconsolable at what took place.
Disgraceful behaviour!

Fantastic game to watch. Elsternwick got a run on with the wind in the 3rd & started well in the 4th, but Hawthorn steadied and ran away with it. That coward punch by the Elsternwick supporter after the game when the players were heading into the rooms to sing the song was outrageous. Good that the police arrived fairly quickly and hopefully the punishment befits the crime. Can't have that at any game

Is this serious? What the actual f**k? Glad the cops got him and I hope Elsternwick also cop a huge fine or sanction from the VAFA but we all know they won’t. How does that even happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Raiti would have to be one of the fairest players I've ever played against, what would have led to this...was alcohol involved ?

Is this serious? What the actual f**k? Glad the cops got him and I hope Elsternwick also cop a huge fine or sanction from the VAFA but we all know they won’t. How does that even happen?
How is it the clubs fault ? that 1 dickhead ruined it for the rest

How is it the clubs fault ? that 1 dickhead ruined it for the rest
I am literally 5 metres away from the 3/4 time push and shove and the thug gets involved. Threatening all and sundry that he is going to fix everyone up after the game. Why he is involved, I have no idea.
Not one Elsternwick official/club member took any action. Woman with a dog also getting involved calling the Citz players every name under the sun and getting into their faces. No one from Elsternwick so much as trying to control any of their supporters.
Hawthorn players arriving at the rooms to celebrate and the thug is waiting for them. Justin puts out his hand and says no hard feelings - not sure what is said in return. They shake hands. Justin turns to head into the rooms and he is coward punched.
Parents, kids all see the incident. Mothers crying at what they witnessed. Justin's mum sees it all.
Disgraceful. Club is 100% responsible.

If that’s correct Shem is a gun local footballer, obviously he’s been charged by police and will be dealt with but will be interesting to see if AFL VIC also gets involved and cancel his playing permit.
If everything that has been said in this thread is true, the guy deserves to have his permit canceled for a lengthy period of time.

If everything that has been said in this thread is true, the guy deserves to have his permit canceled for a lengthy period of time.
Dare say he will (should) be deregistered from afl and after 12-24 months can reapply to be registered, only to be knocked back!
Hopefully Justin Raiti is ok and is cleared to play in 2 weeks!

Justin Raiti would have to be one of the fairest players I've ever played against, what would have led to this...was alcohol involved ?
If that’s correct Shem is a gun local footballer, obviously he’s been charged by police and will be dealt with but will be interesting to see if AFL VIC also gets involved and cancel his playing permit.
Obs a gun footballer??? WTF? , what about as a person in general! Would think that you wouldnt include his sporting ability if he's done something as thuggish as this? You Should be condemning him!

Dare say he will (should) be deregistered from afl and after 12-24 months can reapply to be registered, only to be knocked back!
Hopefully Justin Raiti is ok and is cleared to play in 2 weeks!
IF Shem is found guilty and he has yet to be charged, then this has to be a permanent life ban on attending all Victorian football games which should extend to all sports.

Alex Agelopoulos, who recently pleaded guilty of smashing a bucket into the head of Melbourne City soccer goalie, had already been charged by the FFV for a previous event at South Melbourne in 2016 and copped a five year ban only to reoffend a few years after his ban was up. I am not inferring that Shem would reoffend however the players and the game have to be protected. If that means that one person is banned for life then so be it for the good of the game. It's always been a tough game against Citz in the past but my thoughts go out to the team.

Attachments

• alex.png
    alex.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 127
I was at Waverley watching a mate from Elsty play, did not see the incident that is under investigation so can't speak on it other than to say that all acts of violence are horrific and the sort of stuff alleged to have occurred must be stamped out at all costs. I can provide some context to what occurred during the game that may have led to the aftermath though.

Raiti #11 for hawthorn punched an Elsternwick player as he ran past him very late in the 3rd which led to one of the Elsternwick rucks remonstrating with Raiti and a Melee ensued. That was calmed down and both teams seemed to move back towards their huddles when the player and spectator involved started exchanging words- I wasn't close enough to the action to hear exactly what was said but Raiti then charged at the spectator (thankfully he was held back by several teammates and peace was restored).

Honestly aside from this one incident the rest of the game was played in a really good spirit and was higher quality than i expected, was cheering on Elsty and thought they almost had the game halfway through the last but Hawthorn were better for longer and deserved the W.

A real shame we are talking about an incident after the game and not the game itself.

I was at Waverley watching a mate from Elsty play, did not see the incident that is under investigation so can't speak on it other than to say that all acts of violence are horrific and the sort of stuff alleged to have occurred must be stamped out at all costs. I can provide some context to what occurred during the game that may have led to the aftermath though.

Raiti #11 for hawthorn punched an Elsternwick player as he ran past him very late in the 3rd which led to one of the Elsternwick rucks remonstrating with Raiti and a Melee ensued. That was calmed down and both teams seemed to move back towards their huddles when the player and spectator involved started exchanging words- I wasn't close enough to the action to hear exactly what was said but Raiti then charged at the spectator (thankfully he was held back by several teammates and peace was restored).

Honestly aside from this one incident the rest of the game was played in a really good spirit and was higher quality than i expected, was cheering on Elsty and thought they almost had the game halfway through the last but Hawthorn were better for longer and deserved the W.

A real shame we are talking about an incident after the game and not the game itself.
Congrats on your first post, Looks like you're providing excuses for this moron Tatupu's actions, probably one of his mates

Remove this Banner Ad

D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back