Coach Do you support the contract extension of Chris Scott

Do you support the 2 year extension of Chris Scott

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about sacking him.
It's about extending his contract...which was stupid at this point IMO.
Not really.

Was suggested while Car/Coll were chasing Lyon/Clarkson that Scott may have been another target and his management wasn’t likely to allow him to enter his last year - 2022 - without an extension.

Essentially; back me or sack me.

Ok fellow Cat fans..

It appears this thread is degenerating into a a clone of the Scott thread.

Voting indicates the majority on this board dont support the extension.

Voting will cease on Monday evening at around 6pm so if you haven't voted and wish to, get it done by then.

Abuse of fellow posters via name calling or ridicule will attract the attention of the Mod team...stop it now.

Posters will be directed to the Scott thread after Monday evening......thanks.

Not really.

Was suggested while Car/Coll were chasing Lyon/Clarkson that Scott may have been another target and his management wasn’t likely to allow him to enter his last year - 2022 - without an extension.

What do you mean not really the thread is

Do you support the contract extension of Chris Scott

What do you mean not really the thread is

Do you support the contract extension of Chris Scott
Not really… in reply to “stupid at this point”.

As highlighted it appears him and his management have put the club and its new CEO in a back me or sack me scenario, and no board would sack him.

So we had to extend him.

Not really… in reply to “stupid at this point”.

As highlighted it appears him and his management have put the club and its new CEO in a back me or sack me scenario, and no board would sack him.

So we had to extend him.
Well i hope it works out in our favor.
Or it's a massive set back.
Time will tell i guess.

Not really.

If he was going to walk without a two year extension then he isn’t the man for the job

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he was going to walk without a two year extension then he isn’t the man for the job. We shouldn’t have blinked if his management did that- let him quit - I really hope that isn’t true I was starting to see the light with at least a shake up of assistants

"If.....if" the critical words in your post...dont let unsubstantiated muckraking dim the light you see...noone...noone here is aware of what was spoken about in the negotiations with Chris Scott and his management with the GFC...

"If.....if" the critical words in your post...dont let unsubstantiated muckraking dim the light you see...noone...noone here is aware of what was spoken about in the negotiations with Chris Scott and his management with the GFC...

Too much common sense in that statement.

It's not about sacking him.
It's about extending his contract...which was stupid at this point IMO.
I respectfully disagree. You get the time frame you contract for. If there's a question on him being coach next year then you're basically going to sack him if he doesn't win a premiership. Then what does it trade period look like? If you think this list won't win a premiership then it can only be worse with a senior coach who has no plan for year 2.

Churn out the assistant coaches this year and give them a year with a playing group that needs little coaching so they can learn. Then turn over the playing group with the two years after that. Then, with a stabilised coaching group and a core of new players, that's when you sack the coach.

Thanks David the Cat - you are right - I see the light again and I am not being a smart ass- go cats!

We shouldn't have extended it, not yet because end of the day you are judged by your finals record. Coaches with out one don't last, and coaches with poor records don't last.

Fagan is ok now, but if he keeps tracking as he currently is, questions will be asked of him soon as he has a talented list which is underachieving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see anyone better. Run through some new assistants this year set up the bones of a new playing group and see where it goes from there. Sacking him before 2023 is silly talk but would be surprised if he's coaching out 2024
Scott fans were saying the same thing in 2013. then 2016. Then 2019. And now in 2021. You all just keep pushing it out 2-3 years and will keep doing it forever.

Maybe become a mod. I think we're pushing for a rule that 70% of mods must be pro-Scotters.
Dude its 100 percent pro scott mods. They all post the same thing in response to everyones posts. All have the same exact views. I cant even tell them a part anymore.

this poll suggests the need for a change at mod level. They are clearly not representative of the majority of geelong posters anymore. Its fine to have some pro scotters but clearly it should not be all.

Scott fans were saying the same thing in 2013. then 2016. Then 2019. And now in 2021. You all just keep pushing it out 2-3 years and will keep doing it forever.
I wasn't saying that in any of those years because what I said is highly specific to the 2021 coaching and playing group

Terrible post. They arent fickle. They are life long. Been following the club for 30-50 years.

but the club is no longer the club anymore. Its soul is nearly dead. The club has left the supporters.
Did you fill out the 2 recent surveys sent by the club to all MEMBERS?
You would have ample opportunity to express your concerns.

Did you fill out the 2 recent surveys sent by the club to all MEMBERS?
You would have ample opportunity to express your concerns.
Surely it's easier to just bitch on an online forum that has no affiliation with the club...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back