Review Dogs def Norf 105-84

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can watch that and think Bevo should be coach next year I don’t know what to tell you. Players out of position at the start of the game, no forward structure and no ability to counteract what North was doing. Drab, uninspired and too familiar. The club and the players need someone to come in with fresh ideas

Naughton back 100% win rate in 2023, the stats don’t lie.

Feel sorry for JUH. He’s coming along excellently but really needs to work out his goalkicking. This stutter step isn’t working and he came into the club as a decent set shot.

Superb by Cody. 50th game, kicks 6 and takes a couple of great grabs.

Pretty we sure lose with that level of performance against anyone that’s not North or West Coast.
Needs proper professional coaching, and sooner than later. BT, Dunstall, Tory Dickson, Lindsay Gilbee, someone different from who he is being coached by now.

We won - who cares about how and why. 2 key defenders injured is the real problem. Our backline is now decimated for the next month.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I care because I want this club to have success with the great players they have before we lose them...Libba, Bont, etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very impressed by Riley - second efforts and tackles were brilliant and used the ball well. Can’t see why he couldn’t play in the middle rather than Smith.
I think part of the problem is his ability to cover ground. Gets exposed in space

Always thought he could be a good understudy for Libba but the coaching staff obviously don’t think so.

Hope he can turn this chance into a long term crack.

We won - who cares about how and why. 2 key defenders injured is the real problem. Our backline is now decimated for the next month.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Accepting mediocrity does not help the club - and why do our good players get injured? i.e. Treloar, JJ, Richards, Bont, Jones? Because they are killing themselves trying to make up for the players who aren't up to it and who the coach/es recruited.

Last edited:
How does a potato in Jaidyn Stephenson kick a goals against us?

Have you looked at any of their games? They have improved, injectors fell in and last qr against pies was exc.
No doubt, they had a good crack but we should be above that sort of performance imo

Especially when it’s the same problems as every other week, a good side would have smashed us today

Credit to North, they stuck to the task well. They’re very dangerous from front half stoppages. Probably another key fwd & a few good users short.

Our defence was a big worry (Keath hit the contest at pace ffs), felt like it was just a handful of individuals that won it. Scott was really costly with fumbles in some transition plays.

Bont huge, especially 2nd half. 3 votes for Cody and English a lot better this week.

JUH could easily be the best key fwd in the game in a few years, he’ll tidy up the kicking (wasn’t that a strength of his early?).

Barring one howler of a turnover, West showed good signs. Makes good decisions and can tackle. Offers more than most our fringe players.

Got the four points and soft-ish run home. Need a few soldiers back, however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back