No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will move on, but let's be clear, the post in another thread was a mistake on my behalf, which I acknowledged and not an attempt to "infest"

Staggering really, that many of your own supporters freely share their opinions and it is called a debate, when opposition supporters share similar views, it is called trolling. This is a football forum
We actually encourage opposition supporters ....as long as they're informative and not trolling ....I haven't followed the discussion, although i think you posted this similarly a few days ago ?

Some posters get antsy, but in the main we're welcoming ;)

It's interesting that Carlton have stunk for years but their fans are overwhelmingly positive and optimistic about their future.

Whereas we've been a regular finalist yet are all negative and want half the staff sacked, players delisted.
Contempt breeds familiarity.

No wait, the other way around. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Or Coniliarity breeds Famempt. Or something. Whatever.

Burton sucks.

It's interesting that Carlton have stunk for years but their fans are overwhelmingly positive and optimistic about their future.

Whereas we've been a regular finalist yet are all negative and want half the staff sacked, players delisted.
It's called having an expectation of performance and basic standards.

I will move on, but let's be clear, the post in another thread was a mistake on my behalf, which I acknowledged and not an attempt to "infest"

Staggering really, that many of your own supporters freely share their opinions and it is called a debate, when opposition supporters share similar views, it is called trolling. This is a football forum
FWIW I don't think that you are trolling. I think that you have a deep need for us to see the world your way. You have a very strong belief that the worm has turned at Carlton and that your list is full of budding stars and success is just around the corner. I think that it angers you to a point the confidence of our supporters that we are a shot at pick one when you "know" how good your list is. You reject any argument out of hand that could suggest that it's not.

Lists improve, and yours will too. I think this rebuild has been done the right way. I also think that your expectations are high. I know that you loathe reflecting upon past seasons as indicators, but trends exist and the fact that you are coming off of one of the worst seasons in modern football matters. There is only so much that can happen in one season.

The mire that your club has been stuck in for 2 decades is telling. The ability not to be able to reconstruct a club in that time means that others outside of your blue bubble want to see more than a promise, they want to see tangible evidence that things have changed. This far all that anyone has seen is high draft picks come in and often do nothing.

Bolton has been there a while now. He speaks of green shoots a lot and there probably are some but there aren't enough and they are too and far between. This year the AFL voted with their feet and removed you from Friday nights because you were so poor.

Your young stars are yet to fire a real shot, they may have it in them, but they may now. Weitering, SPS, Mackay need to show something soon, more than a promise for you to take the next step.

If not it's back to the drawing board for the bluebaggers.

Gotta love the new blasé attitude towards top picks some Carlton fans have developed over night.:D
I guess that's what happens when you have pick #1 for 3 years in a row, all 3 players play most of their career at your club, but manage only a single All Australian between them. You tell yourself that high draft picks are overrated so you don't feel bad about your club's inability to develop players.

Yes...how staggering that AFL accepted a defense of....we dont know what we took...we lost the relevant paperwork. That mean guilty of team doping!!! ...NOTHING to do with governance. Dog ate my homework s**t. So many examples of what a complete disgrace AFL house is.
Right up there with FIFA.
We all know Essendon were penalised for doping. The problem was the AFL went too early with the penalties in an attempt to pre-empt ASADA. (A bit like we did by offering up a year of picks in our penalty, only to have the AFL slap on another year.) Essendon were right in demanding that all references for doping be removed from the penalties because at that stage, the players had not been found guilty of doping. AFL should have waited for the investigation to take its course, but they felt they had to exclude Essendon from the 2013 finals “just in case” (the optics of them winning after a year on the juice...).

Don't think we will win the spoon again ….. 16th?? ish .. optimistic 14th ...
Bahahahahaha!!!! Cheers for the laugh.

Seriously, please tell me the 4 teams you're going to finish higher than and where the 6-8 wins you need to finish around 14th are going to come from.

You finished bottom last season with 2 wins, your best 3 players besides Cripps and Curnow are all over 30 and all your half-decent kids are still in need of development and their confidence is shot from losing most weeks, often by 10+ goals.

Bahahahahaha!!!! Cheers for the laugh.

Seriously, please tell me the 4 teams you're going to finish higher than and where the 6-8 wins you need to finish around 14th are going to come from.

You finished bottom last season with 2 wins, your best 3 players besides Cripps and Curnow are all over 30 and all your half-decent kids are still in need of development and their confidence is shot from losing most weeks, often by 10+ goals.
Richmond MCG Home - Loss
Port Adelaide Adelaide Oval Away --Loss
Sydney Marvel Stadium Home --Loss
Gold Coast Metricon Stadium Away -50/50
Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium Away --50/50
Hawthorn University of Tasmania Stadium Away --Loss
North Melbourne Marvel Stadium Home--Loss
Collingwood MCG Home--Loss
GWS Sydney Showgrounds Stadium Away--Loss
St Kilda Marvel Stadium Away 50/50
Essendon MCG Away --Loss
Brisbane Lions Marvel Stadium Home --Win
Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium Home --50/50

Fremantle Optus Stadium Away --Loss
Melbourne MCG Home--Loss
Sydney SCG Away--Loss
Gold Coast Marvel Stadium Home -- Win
Adelaide MCG Home --Loss
West Coast Marvel Stadium Home--Loss
Richmond MCG Away--Loss
St Kilda MCG Home --50/50
Geelong GMHBA Stadium Away --Loss

im giving carlton 4-5 wins.

Richmond MCG Home - Loss
Port Adelaide Adelaide Oval Away --Loss
Sydney Marvel Stadium Home --Loss
Gold Coast Metricon Stadium Away -50/50
Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium Away --50/50
Hawthorn University of Tasmania Stadium Away --Loss
North Melbourne Marvel Stadium Home--Loss
Collingwood MCG Home--Loss
GWS Sydney Showgrounds Stadium Away--Loss
St Kilda Marvel Stadium Away 50/50
Essendon MCG Away --Loss
Brisbane Lions Marvel Stadium Home --Win
Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium Home --50/50

Fremantle Optus Stadium Away --Loss
Melbourne MCG Home--Loss
Sydney SCG Away--Loss
Gold Coast Marvel Stadium Home -- Win
Adelaide MCG Home --Loss
West Coast Marvel Stadium Home--Loss
Richmond MCG Away--Loss
St Kilda MCG Home --50/50
Geelong GMHBA Stadium Away --Loss

im giving carlton 4-5 wins.
Yeah, I'm similar. If I give Carlton a win in every 50/50 plus jag a random win I getting about 6. A lot of years that's bottom 3.

Yeah. Arr0w I didn’t think you were trolling either. Due to lack of content at this time of year, I’m personally not even too fussed if you were trolling.

It’s just boring now. It’s a long death ride ahead, pace yourself and consider quality over quantity.
I haven’t accused him of trolling just being repetitive boring and unnecessary

Yeah. Don’t have much choice though do we, the supporters with negative tendencies have generally fallen off after the clubs driven them mental for years only really leaving those mainly positive ones and stubborn fools. No idea what I am cause I’m only 25 and have never seen a sustainably good Carlton....

I do reckon Adelaide can finish anywhere from 4th-12th and we can finish anywhere from 14th to 18th.

Just curious what everyone believes break even in the deal would look like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean we could beat Gold Coast twice, St Kilda, a team will implode (hope its not us) and then football always has upsets.

We generally knock off one of essendon or Collingwood too.

Yeah. Don’t have much choice though do we, the supporters with negative tendencies have generally fallen off after the clubs driven them mental for years only really leaving those mainly positive ones and stubborn fools. No idea what I am cause I’m only 25 and have never seen a sustainably good Carlton....

I do reckon Adelaide can finish anywhere from 4th-12th and we can finish anywhere from 14th to 18th.

It turns out to be a good deal for us if you finish bottom four and we finish top 8. That’s 11 plus pick 19 for a top 4 pick, I’d be happy with that. Of course if we finish higher and you bottom couple then it’s a huge win for us pick wise.

I’m not basing this on how good Stocker could be because he clearly wasn’t on our radar, but from a pure draft pick position.

Anybody else concerned about a pre-existing deal being done between Carlton and the AFL in terms of assistance?

Just reeks of AFL bullshit.
I got pilloried on the Carlton page when they brought up priority pick, when I said it wouldn't happen.

If they ask for one, they'll be politely reminded they just gave me away a top 2 pick (if it's higher than that they won't/shouldn't be asking).

Anything else just encourages you bottom teams to give stuff away while expecting handouts. Welfare mentality.

Soft cap increase and funding is the best way to help struggling clubs without being unfair to rest of comp IMHO.

I haven’t accused him of trolling just being repetitive boring and unnecessary

I agree with that completely. It’s just that it doesn’t bother me. Especially in the off season where I have little AFL content to consume :(

But as you said, it’s just become repetitive now. But to his credit, this thread ticking along better than any other and he has dragged a few posters like yourself back in during the off season. More content for me :)

I mean we could beat Gold Coast twice, St Kilda, a team will implode (hope its not us) and then football always has upsets.

We generally knock off one of essendon or Collingwood too.
That's just complete and utter speculation though, with nothing backing it up. I can just as easily say that Gold Coast and St Kilda could beat Carlton twice and a team like Freo will rocket upwards. It equally means nothing.

The reality is Carlton had 2 wins last year and 3 of their top 5 players will be over 30 next season (well over 30 in Simpson's case). The 4 players traded in were ok, but none of them are out and out stars like several others clubs traded in.

They're basically relying on their kids to rapidly improve in order to win more games next year and even then, winning 6 games still could see them finish 16th or 17th.

From the Crow's perspective, I think they will consider a top 3 or 4 pick from Carlton the break even point, provided the Crows finish somewhere around 6th-10th. Pick 1 or 2 will be a win so long as the Crows are 12th or higher. A big win will be if the Crows finish in the top 4 and Carlton bottom 2.

That's just complete and utter speculation though, with nothing backing it up. I can just as easily say that Gold Coast and St Kilda could beat Carlton twice and a team like Freo will rocket upwards. It equally means nothing.

The reality is Carlton had 2 wins last year and 3 of their top 5 players will be over 30 next season (well over 30 in Simpson's case). The 4 players traded in were ok, but none of them are out and out stars like several others clubs traded in.

They're basically relying on their kids to rapidly improve in order to win more games next year and even then, winning 6 games still could see them finish 16th or 17th.
Everything about footy is speculation though. Don’t pretend anything is set in stone for next season. There are extreme likelihoods and things that are extremely unlikely but nothing’s certain.

Think his level is more putting stickers on apples

All drafting, like all commerce is about value.

SOS is a failure because he has plenty of busts and very few wins. A win being getting someone worth more than you paid

Busting at pick 4 and not busting at pick 4 are both losses.

At that those sort of heights you need big wins.

Very few picks he’s gotten back more than he paid. A staggeringly high percentage he’s gotten back “not busts” who weren’t worth anything like what he paid for them
But, but, but....... gary stocker jr.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back