No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues basically got rolled by 7+ goals. These preseason games are usually dead by 3 QT and couple that with the missing hawks players it was your run of the mill, normal 10-15 goal loss for the Blues.

Glory be this double death riding thread will be so much fun, cant believe we could have pick 1 and pick 19 regardless of where we finish.

The Hawks players probably thought it was a regular training session and couldn't tell they were playing Carlton.

To be fair, they probably noticed the witches' hats were a different shape and colour

Blues basically got rolled by 7+ goals. These preseason games are usually dead by 3 QT and couple that with the missing hawks players it was your run of the mill, normal 10-15 goal loss for the Blues.

Glory be this double death riding thread will be so much fun, cant believe we could have pick 1 and pick 19 regardless of where we finish.

Yes, now that the Carlolton flogs are banished, it's much more fun

The injury list, just in:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-21/the-full-afl-injury-list-preseason-update

Player Injury Estimated Return
Sam Docherty Knee Indefinite
Matthew Kreuzer Knee Test
Caleb Marchbank Back TBC
Mitch McGovern Back Available
Alex Fasolo Arm 2-4 weeks
Will Setterfield Knee Available
Darcy Lang Foot TBC
Harrison Macreadie Back TBC
Jarrod Pickett Knee Indefinite
Tom Williamson Back Test

New recruits McGovern and Setterfield will be fit for the JLT Community Series after battling injury-interrupted pre-seasons. Docherty and Pickett will miss most, if not all of 2019 with respective knee injuries. The club is hopeful Kreuzer will be fit to play in the JLT, but the likes of Lang, Marchbank and Macreadie are unlikely to feature. No timeline has yet been placed on their returns. Fasolo is making a late dash to be ready for round one, having recovered quickly from a broken arm sustained over the summer. The Blues are being ultra-cautious with Williamson as he makes his comeback from a season on the sidelines. - Riley Beveridge

I've re-ordered the list above for importance to the team IMHO.

Gee they've got some talent, but youth, inexperience, poor drafting, poor development and poor coaching is going to crucify them.

Gee they've got some talent, but youth, inexperience, poor drafting, poor development and poor coaching is going to crucify them.

In fairness to the Carlton f**kwit posters that use to come in here and post garbage, I do think they have talent but their bottom 10 players are absolute garbage and it will take time to field those positions. With the right coach (as Bolton will be sacked either this year or next) they could finally get into the 8 in 3-5 years time after missing over 3736 days of finals footy (assuming 2021 is the earliest).

Unfortunately Carlton posters are so ignorant to realise that getting in the 8, is only phase 1. They need to find out then which players can stand up in finals footy. Next they need to crack into the top 4 and then after that position themselves so that they dont play an away final interstate.

Im confident that in the 2030s that Carlton will be a premiership threat.

By then who knows what will happen to the AFL, we may all be playing AFLX and Carlton's recruitment would have been a complete waste of time.

Jees, I just read the article on AFL.com.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02...rms-for-r1-debut-after-scintillating-display-

Riley Beveridge sure knows how to polish a turd! You would have though Carlton won by 15 goals!

Riley Beveridge is the afl.com.au's resident Carlton writer - The same turd who in a wrap up of the Crows v Blues women's game the other week lamented three times that Tayla Harris' exclusion from the game may have cost the Blues a win, neglecting to mention once that Chelsea Randall also pulled out of the game and has routinely owned Harris every time they have played

I assume he gets paid to write this s**t?

EDIT: that scorecard at the end only mentions Carlton goalscorers and Carlton best players? Put that on the Carlton site then, not the AFL one

I'm more surprised that there are 4 out of 10 people that think Carltank will somehow finish outside the bottom 4!

Thats scary because while Carlton f**kwit posters may think we are bias, the general prediction by AFL journo's is that Carlton is destined for another bottom 4 finish with 17th place the most likely.

EDIT: that scorecard at the end only mentions Carlton goalscorers and Carlton best players? Put that on the Carlton site then, not the AFL one

Yes - there's an article for the same game from the perspective of the Hawks, that lists only Hawks players and goals

Why bother? How much contempt do you have to have for your audience to do that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riley Beveridge is the afl.com.au's resident Carlton writer - The same turd who in a wrap up of the Crows v Blues women's game the other week lamented three times that Tayla Harris' exclusion from the game may have cost the Blues a win, neglecting to mention once that Chelsea Randall also pulled out of the game and has routinely owned Harris every time they have played

I assume he gets paid to write this s**t?

Sounds like the drafting and trading board.

to be fair Cripps is a god damn machine at any other club we would talking about him as a potential Brownlow medalist this year, I honestly feel bad for him.

to be fair Cripps is a god damn machine at any other club we would talking about him as a potential Brownlow medalist this year, I honestly feel bad for him.

In fairness to Carlton they have wrecked many careers like Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson etc etc.

Cripps will just head that list as the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back