No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly carltons young lads are all super talented but held back with their development, imagine all the 25 and under blokes with say hawthorns development group and coaching. Shows that the list isnt entirely the problem

honestly carltons young lads are all super talented but held back with their development, imagine all the 25 and under blokes with say hawthorns development group and coaching. Shows that the list isnt entirely the problem

Carlton do have the foundations to develop into a team capable of penetrating the 8 in about ~3 years time.

However, Bolton is not their man. He will never go deep into September.

Yesterday at the Carlton v Adelaide women's game caught up with a mate who used to play footy in my team - Carlton supporter - he's had a big 18 months with moving to Darwin, having a kid and getting engaged and all that jazz, so he hasn't been keeping up to date with all things footy

When Carlton women got 3 goals up he started getting chirpy which was fair enough - so i just resorted to bringing up the blokes and thanks for pick #1

He had a weird look, 'whadda ya mean?'

Turns out he didn't follow the trade period and had no idea Carlton and Adelaide swapped first round draft picks..
At first he laughs and goes 'doesn't matter we'll finish top 4' but then says 'you are talking s**t, right? '

Someone else confirmed the news for him and he looked devastated 'what the fck are they doing?'

Then the Crows women got on a roll and came back and won
It was a good day
That could only be funnier if it happened mid year and they are sitting last.

Carlton do have the foundations to develop into a team capable of penetrating the 8 in about ~3 years time.

However, Bolton is not their man. He will never go deep into September.
agreed teamwise they do although they had 3 number 1 draft picks a few years ago and failed to make any sort of noise. Can only imagine what a lot of other teams including us could achieve with that. makes me question the development a bit

As much as they're super talented compared to lets say, me, there wouldn't be much difference in talent levels to most clubs (ignoring the behemoth GWS and probably still Gold Coast).

Shows you how much luck has to play in the draft in particular.

As much as they're super talented compared to lets say, me, there wouldn't be much difference in talent levels to most clubs (ignoring the behemoth GWS and probably still Gold Coast).

Shows you how much luck has to play in the draft in particular.

On paper they look like they could be a pretty strong side in 3-4, given how many top 10 they have.
Even with sos’ average draft record, they have a handful of players who could very good if developed properly.
But that’s been a problem for them and even if they get it right, it will be a couple of years before they’re team adequately improves.

deathriding-a-bit-dead-jpg.621248

I pointed out to Carlton posters that were lucky to even win the two games that they did last year.

Carlton 14.7 to Essendon 10.18 *I may be mistaken if it was last year, but I know one of the Blues v Dons games was played in very very heavy rain. Lets also not kid ourselves Blues treats these games like how our neighbours do with the Showdowns like its a grand final.

Carlton 12.7 to Suns 5.14 *Suns led at HT in that match too.

This is exactly what I was posting earlier when Carlton trolls were trying to defend. Carlton is 3-4 years from playing finals. Even then you wont know if your players are up to finals pressure and standards, a flag is a possibility in the 2030s. Till then enjoy your September holidays.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...s-west-coast-are-seventh-20190215-p50y21.html

17. CARLTON
It's become a perennial question – will Carlton be any better this year? While there has been much said and written about the Blues in recent years, with most of the commentary being negative, they are on the right track. Rebuilding a player list that had decayed to the extent of Carlton's was always going to be a huge task. Although it's reasonable to query some of the club's list decisions during the past four to five years, their overall direction is sound – albeit it's taking a considerable amount of time to bear fruit. And it's going to take a considerable amount more time. The Blues are still three to four years from being a finals contender again. But with the likes of Patrick Cripps, Charlie Curnow, Jacob Weitering, Caleb Marchbank, Paddy Dow, Sam Petrevski-Seton and Zac Fisher, they are building the foundations of a talented team. The arrival of Mitch McGovern and No.1 draftee Sam Walsh provides even greater reason to believe that the ship has been righted. Expect another challenging year for the Blues in 2019 but look beyond the now and focus on the horizon – it's more than just an oasis.

Movement from 2018 rankings: no movement (17th)
Three-year projected list ranking (2022): 10th

My math could be wrong at times but this works out to be ~13 levels between us coming 4th and Carlton coming 17th. Thanks for the trade.

4. ADELAIDE
There is no other way to say it but 2018 was a wasted year for Adelaide. After coming off a grand final appearance in 2017, they had the motivation and ability to go one step further last year but a combination of factors cruelled their season. However, failure often provides the greatest lessons so expect the Crows to return hungrier than ever in 2019. They still have outstanding talent and structure right across the ground – particularly in the midfield with Sam Jacobs, Rory Sloane and the Crouch brothers. Their forward line is multi-pronged with Josh Jenkins, Eddie Betts, Taylor Walker and Tom Lynch while Darcy Fogarty and new recruit Shane McAdam will provide even further potency. This is a team with a point to prove so expect a return deep into the finals for the Crows.

Movement from 2018 rankings: up three spots (7th)
Three-year projected list ranking (2022): 8th

Pick #2 for pick #15 & last year's pick #19 for Stocker sounds good to me. Haggis will be extra excited next draft period...

Unfortunately I agree, Carlton couldnt possibly that s**t where they go back to back spoons and hand us pick 1. I think it will be close, they may get around 2 more wins over the Suns.

Will be interesting to see what we do with a pick 2. With any luck some Club may offer us a ridiculous offer of multiple high firsts for it.

Unfortunately I agree, Carlton couldnt possibly that s**t where they go back to back spoons and hand us pick 1. I think it will be close, they may get around 2 more wins over the Suns.

Will be interesting to see what we do with a pick 2. With any luck some Club may offer us a ridiculous offer of multiple high firsts for it.

Take the best mid available I reckon. Gibbs and Sloane getting on now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are still a good chance of pick #1, but imo pick #2 is the most probable. Would be very surprised if it's a pick outside the top 4 as can't see 3 teams crashing.

Pick #2 for pick #15 & last year's pick #19 for Stocker sounds good to me. Haggis will be extra excited next draft period...
He is probably already trying to tie up another pick swap with carlton for the end of the year dealing in 2020 picks even now..get in first as the queue will be long leading to SOS' door to trade

He is probably already trying to tie up another pick swap with carlton for the end of the year dealing in 2020 picks even now..get in first as the queue will be long leading to SOS' door to trade
That's where our Carlton 2nd round pick is nicely placed again for live trading.

I think we are still a good chance of pick #1, but imo pick #2 is the most probable. Would be very surprised if it's a pick outside the top 4 as can't see 3 teams crashing.

For all the jokes in here about Carlton, I would too would be suprised if it is pick 1, I agree around pick 2-4.

Which is why their R4 games v Suns is crucial to the final placings. If the Blues drop that one, thats when the s**t will hit the fan at Princes Park.

For all the jokes in here about Carlton, I would too would be suprised if it is pick 1, I agree around pick 2-4.

Which is why their R4 games v Suns is crucial to the final placings. If the Blues drop that one, thats when the s**t will hit the fan at Princes Park.
I'm expecting Pick 2. I currently can't see which club would crash enough for Carlton to leap over besides GC. St Kilda would be the only other one I'd consider.

Of the other clubs around the mark last year, Freo has improved their side by adding Lobb and Hogan (more than offsetting the loss of Neale), Brisbane's kids look good and they seem on the way up (and lost Beams but gained Neale, Adams and Lyons) and, while the Bulldogs looked bad last year, they still aren't anywhere near Carlton's level of terribleness.

I'm expecting Pick 2. I currently can't see which club would crash enough for Carlton to leap over besides GC. St Kilda would be the only other one I'd consider.

Of the other clubs around the mark last year, Freo has improved their side by adding Lobb and Hogan (more than offsetting the loss of Neale), Brisbane's kids look good and they seem on the way up (and lost Beams but gained Neale, Adams and Lyons) and, while the Bulldogs looked bad last year, they still aren't anywhere near Carlton's level of terribleness.

While the Suns have a lot of issues, I genuinely think they can roll the Blues in R4.

Not many have raised the issues that the Suns faced having no "home" games till about R11, plus their Chinese takeaway, plus Lynch returning home and its easy to see why their season collapsed.

The Blues fans will come after Bolton and SOS if they humiliated yet again for the 5th year straight and come last. There is a ton of pressure on them to rise up the ladder. When SOS made the deal with us I think in his own head he probably thought the Blues would be near the 8.

While the Suns have a lot of issues, I genuinely think they can roll the Blues in R4.

Not many have raised the issues that the Suns faced having no "home" games till about R11, plus their Chinese takeaway, plus Lynch returning home and its easy to see why their season collapsed.

The Blues fans will come after Bolton and SOS if they humiliated yet again for the 5th year straight and come last. There is a ton of pressure on them to rise up the ladder. When SOS made the deal with us I think in his own head he probably thought the Blues would be near the 8.
The Suns lost their 2 best players last season. You generally can't replace a key forward and key back that easily. Losing May and Lynch will definitely hurt GC.

No way I would be willing to give up our unbeaten record against the Suns for anything. Not even pick 1. I'd like to see us go 10 years without losing to them.

Really? Against the Suns, I couldnt care less tbh.

Im not even sure they will be around in 10 years. I can see either them collapsing or s**t Victorian team amalgamate with them like Carlton. Ok lol Carlton was a joke, but I can see one of the lower supported poorer VFL clubs join up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back