Eddie McGuire returning to co-host The Footy Show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever thought Craig Smugarse CanIPlayWithYouGuysNooneLikesMe Hutchison would be liked by the diminishing monosyllabic carnivores that watch the Footy Show, must be insane. Ed will do well, hes good on telly, but you cant fully recapture the past with aged creakers, expect this to be swan song for the show.

"I just wanna see some tit and arse, some biffo, and sit on wide enough seats for my expansive buttocks. The more commercial breaks the better".

As long as maddern is on it the show will struggle. Stop trying to appease the pc police and have a woman as host just because she's female. She is terrible and changed the whole dynamic of the show since she came along.

Don't mind this at all. Say what you want about Eddie, but there is no doubt that the footy show was at its best with him in it. Hutchy should never be on television, no idea how that blabbering idiot could get any job in the media, let alone the host of the footy show. Like ******* honestly, who thought that hiring him was a good idea? No one is surprised he only lasted a year.

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to getting outrated by The Front Bar (which is actually funny)
Not sure how letting Sam "Off the leash" will go.
What's he gonna do? Grab Bec's boobs or come out in black face again.
Good luck with todays PC mafia.

Lucky for Eddie - Radio ratings taking a dive, Hot Seat beaten convincingly by the Chase of all things. Collingwood Presidency in the pits - boy what a a great opportunist this bloke is- he now bones Hutchy. All appears to be going the same way as the ill fated CEO Channel 9 gig, and the Bucks for Malthouse farce. When will people wake up this bloke is all hot air?

Will getting 50,000 extra Collingwood fans tuning in save this s**t box of a show?
It' the worst football show on television. PUTRID. TIME FOR IT GO. PLEASE JUST TALK FOOTBALL and cut all the other CRAP out and then the show with a changed format will definitely improve.

All these people crapping on about the PC police...people simply stopped watching the show...it became old, tired and boring. Thats what killed the footy show...society moved on. If that's some PC agenda then whatever. Obviously people are over that kind of humour from those muppets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It had to happen...Hutchy was terrible, Sam and he aren't the best of buddies, and after having a meeting this morning, we reckon Sam probably said he goes or I do.......and like it or not Sam makes the show. He also probably said get Eddie back.

The show is will go on now, for the better.
I agree, Eddie is great on the TV, and he is good for football . If Ed goes back on I will watch it again , haven't watched for donkeys! Love Sam too.

Eddie McChins returning to the "Footy" Show is...

giphy.gif

They might as well bring back that Dutchman who was as funny as a fart in an elevator while they're at it...

As long as maddern is on it the show will struggle. Stop trying to appease the pc police and have a woman as host just because she's female. She is terrible and changed the whole dynamic of the show since she came along.

Exactly. I'm all for Eddie coming back, but I won't watch it if she's hosting. She leaves me totally cold. I'd prefer to see Daisy Pearce than Meddern. Is Dave Hughes still on the show? There's another reason not to watch it.

The panel is a tired format. They pretty much need to overhaul the whole show for it to remain relevant. Bringing in Eddie will mean nothing if the format of the show remains the same.

So you live in Canada, but spend all your time here?

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Yeah, there mustn't be much to see or do in Canada in summer, boy I could understand in winter you being here a lot, but get out and enjoy the outdoors of the Canadian summer!

I love The Footy Show - it's been my favourite show for years and it's the funniest show on TV bar none. I can't understand why people don't like it but taste is subjective I guess. It's a show for guys that are just 'guys' and real men which is why I think a lot of elitist latte sipping snobs look down on people who just like an old fashioned good time when watching TV.

I also love The Simpsons, Superhero movies, sleeping in my bed in my Star Wars bedsheets, The Killers, Coldplay, Mumford and Sons and Triple J is my source for cutting edge alternative music - so I know all about masculine guys stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back