News Eddie standing down at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter in today’s SMH:

“What I find intriguing and can’t get my head around is that Eddie McGuire, with a large PR team at his disposal, stuffed up the press conference after the Collingwood racism report was released while Heritier Lumumba, I presume without any PR support, came across in all his interviews as articulate, calm, likeable and an honest broker. The question is: if Lumumba didn’t complain, would we have seen any inquiry?”

Letter in today’s SMH:

“What I find intriguing and can’t get my head around is that Eddie McGuire, with a large PR team at his disposal, stuffed up the press conference after the Collingwood racism report was released while Heritier Lumumba, I presume without any PR support, came across in all his interviews as articulate, calm, likeable and an honest broker. The question is: if Lumumba didn’t complain, would we have seen any inquiry?”
"Be better", please.

This sorta thing doesn't sell papers or be used cancel someone.
Calling an Aboriginal man a gorilla on radio, joking about murdering a female journalist that you've had public clashes with, leading a culture of systemic racism at an organisation and very poorly handling it and a myriad of other issues does though.

Calling an Aboriginal man a gorilla on radio, joking about murdering a female journalist that you've had public clashes with, leading a culture of systemic racism at an organisation and very poorly handling it and a myriad of other issues does though.
Bullocks!
Hagiography is needed, justified, and makes me feel good and fuzzy.

Let’s not forget standing by while Newman wore black face and while Newman dressed up a mannequin in lingerie and put Caro’s face on it.

Let’s not forget standing by while Newman wore black face and while Newman dressed up a mannequin in lingerie and put Caro’s face on it.
My television has a remote and lots of other channels, i had stopped watching years before those incidents, but as a young man watched on the buses, mind your language, love thy neighbour, welcome back Cotter and worse so in a way i am no better.

Look in the mirror before you look out the window and try to be better.

When the insects inherit the Earth i hope they do a better job than us.

Yes, hundreds died as a direct result of those incidents yet the police weren't even notified.
Why do people have to die for racism and misogyny to be called out?

Educate us.

My television has a remote and lots of other channels, i had stopped watching years before those incidents
Good stuff.

How does that change what they actually did?

Why do people have to die for racism and misogyny to be called out?

Educate us.
Are Ed and Sam alone in overstepping racial and sexism boundrys in the name of comedy Chief?

Ever watched Angry Boys? Houso's? If someone dislikes the humour they can choose not to watch, but that doesn't give anyone the right to tell others what they can and can't watch.

Are Ed and Sam alone in overstepping racial and sexism boundrys in the name of comedy Chief?

Ever watched Angry Boys? Houso's? If someone dislikes the humour they can choose not to watch, but that doesn't give anyone the right to tell other what they can and can't watch.
Why would "other people do comedy people don't like too" be an excuse for Eddie to stand by, laughing at Newman's antics?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you quoting?
Paraphrasing you. If that's not what you meant, could you explain it for us in the cheap seats?

Ever watched Angry Boys? Houso's? If someone dislikes the humour they can choose not to watch, but that doesn't give anyone the right to tell others what they can and can't watch.

Errr we do do that, it is called censorship and it exists in all forms of Australian media. The government tells you what you can and can't watch.

You're "para" something me.
Just own your own words mate.

Christ. It's right here in black and white.

You think that there is comedy that people don't like. Therefore Eddie and Sam's "comedy" should be ignored.

That is bullshit.

Just own your own words mate.

Christ. It's right here in black and white.

You think that there is comedy that people don't like. Therefore Eddie and Sam's "comedy" should be ignored.

That is bullshit.
No, i said are they alone in overstepping in the name of comedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back