EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The

The league arent even getting women's footy right. Why play them after the under 17s div 1 grand final (which will be a better standard than the women's game) and not put the div 2 and div 1 youth girls grand finalson before the women's and makeit a huge celebration of women's footy? Bizarre decision

The U17 finals have started at 2.20pm meaning they finish at about 4.10pm. So they are going to have to bring the GF matches forward by at least an hour. Good luck to the U11's starting at 8.45am or even earlier.

PLease private msg me so I can work out what I’m saying that is wrong. I don’t know how to private.

You just click on forum member and then click start conversation.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when the coaching staff of AW and Tulla sit down to discuss tactics for next weekend.
Gee havent APW hit the scoreboard since dropping the Windside game albeit against lower ladder teams. Not sure Tulla will allow APW to run wild through the middle of the ground and provide them with repeat deep fwd 50 entries. Yes let the real stuff begin. Does anyone think Windside can knock off CB? Seems CB have had the wood over them this year with both victories being reasonably comprehensive. I think Tulla will beat APW and CB in a close one against HS.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes will be a strange round of footy this weekend with finals spots locked away. Hillside with a very handy bye to freshen up for finals and you would only assume APW, Tulla and CB will all rest a few this week with results being irrelevant. Apw/Tulla game will be a strange one both sides will want to keep there cards close to there chest an i am tipping it will be pretty bruise free game, keeping guys fit for the following week will be key. CB will be the same, they have been hit hard in the second half of the year by injury and copped a few more to a couple of key players last week.

Yes will be a strange round of footy this weekend with finals spots locked away. Hillside with a very handy bye to freshen up for finals and you would only assume APW, Tulla and CB will all rest a few this week with results being irrelevant. Apw/Tulla game will be a strange one both sides will want to keep there cards close to there chest an i am tipping it will be pretty bruise free game, keeping guys fit for the following week will be key. CB will be the same, they have been hit hard in the second half of the year by injury and copped a few more to a couple of key players last week.

I’d say cb will roll the dice on a few players that have been out injured ..
Mcerlain terz piggot etc.. Bugeja back from overseas and should play..
Hopefully they get thru the game and be ready for the first final

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only thing up for grabs with Tull v APW is the colour of the shorts for next week and the changerooms, and bragging rights into next week, would've thought that it be better to win this week and take momentum into the finals.
Would Hillside bother going down to wath Lakes v Craigieburn? If Lakes win Hillside go to 3rd and get the homes rooms at Windy Hill....is that an advantage? I can't see Tulla giving APW any sort of advantage and I can't see Lakes wanting to help Burns in any way, seeing that they haven't previously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say limbach and Gordon to be CB highest vote getters..
Look out for bugeja next year tho..

Will Bugeja stay if CB continue to play B grade footy. I think he could make a move to play higher footy. Think his given his home club enough and time to move on. I’m tipping a move boys unless they win it. To good a player to be running around in B grade footy..

Has nothing to do with form.. I wouldn’t think bugden would play guys who haven’t played for 8 weeks first up in a final..
Touch risky I’d reckon.. I may be wrong

Looks like your wrong looking at the teams, 5 pretty handy outs this week and still no sign of Mcerlain, Piggot, Scales. I agree it’s risky bringing them straight in next week. Some of those guys have played next to no footy in the second half of the season. CB and Tulla clearly eyes on next week. APW only resting a couple.

Bugeja going overseas...probably cost him the league best and fairest.
Not sure on that but yes his last few games were really good before he left, finally had his body right and if he plays a full season next year will dominate. Guys a class act. Agree with burnerfan Limbach and Gordon should both poll well, my tip for the medal is Milual from APW. Vistarini and Arrowsmith will get plenty of votes. Tips this week....
APW by 50+ over a Half strength Tulla.
TL by 40 over CB also missing plenty.
OP by 25 over Jags, hope the jags get a win but can’t see it.
EK by 50+ over WM, Westy really died off second half of the season and will be glad to see the back of it.

Not sure on that but yes his last few games were really good before he left, finally had his body right and if he plays a full season next year will dominate. Guys a class act. Agree with burnerfan Limbach and Gordon should both poll well, my tip for the medal is Milual from APW. Vistarini and Arrowsmith will get plenty of votes. Tips this week....
EK by 50+ over WM, Westy really died off second half of the season and will be glad to see the back of it.

APW by 87 over Tulla - 2 contrasting team selections, APW close to full strength and heard today Tulla will have up to 16 changes next week. Im more interested in how next week shapes up, Tulla obviously not concerned if they finish 1st or 2nd

TL by 46 over CB - as above TL will want to finish off the season well and CB more interested in next week

Jags by 1 point over OP - jags to throw everything into the last game and just get over the line. Played pretty well last week at HS

EK by 67 over Westy - A lot of good outs for Westy and EK will want to finsh strong at home

All dead rubbers this week, bring on the finals

Hey Bissa, I agree that Buggie is a class act and a top player and easily the best in this division when his fit & firing. Stayed with CB due to going overseas and although his a CB boy and enjoys it there, I would be amazed if he rejected offers to play premier or div 1 footy in another comp. Seroiusly his just wasting his talent by playing B grade footy at his age.

Will Bugeja stay if CB continue to play B grade footy. I think he could make a move to play higher footy. Think his given his home club enough and time to move on. I’m tipping a move boys unless they win it. To good a player to be running around in B grade footy..

Coming off a knee, has missed games this year and still plenty of time to get rocking and rolling again.

Get the lad thru a full summer and full season without setbacks, help lead a young club on and off field for another year and then if he so wishes consider greener pastures.

Got to hang with Damo a bit last year thru footy, a cracking guy with motivations in life outside of footy so if the balance he craves includes his local club then is there any great harm? Not enough of it in this day and age IMO.

Sometimes it isn't about where we play/coach/etc ... I often think it's more about why we actually do it ...

Last edited:
APW 76 - tulla with half their reserves playing
Cburn -10
Oak park - 26
East keilor -52
APW 35
Lakes 30
OP 40
EK 30

Final four
Apw
Tulla
Hillside
Craigieburn

Premier
Tulla

Comp medal
Arrowsmith, Bonghetti or Young because they love him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back