EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing they have got is, 3 sides and that's a lot more than you can say for some EDFL clubs. They had a very tough draw playing, Riddell, Rupo, Wallan and Macedon (all top 4 sides) twice.

Probably should start in Div 2, but I think they're better than many believe.

I think the EDFL welcome Sunbury Kangaroos and give Craigieburn back to the Riddell League..:):)

Things can change quickly in this business. They did forfeit a reserves match the other week which wouldn’t go down well with the league either. Interesting one.. Fletcher leaving has me thinking as he did a reasonable job I thought looking in from outside.
My sources say he is leaving to spend more time with family. He umpires cricket over summer and then coaching footy. All of this has left him a bit drained I think, so spending time with family is a good idea.

My sources say he is leaving to spend more time with family. He umpires cricket over summer and then coaching footy. All of this has left him a bit drained I think, so spending time with family is a good idea.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up back with Bugden somewhere.

Tipping 2 upsets this week.
APW & Hillside to utilise the open spaces at Greenvale and Windy Hill to their advantage.

From the games I’ve seen I would think the open spaces would suit the other 2 teams so iam going
Tullamarine 27 points
Craigieburn 33 points

From the games I’ve seen I would think the open spaces would suit the other 2 teams so iam going
Tullamarine 27 points
Craigieburn 33 points

Hillside have more scoring options but can they hold Limbach to say under 3-4 goals? If so I think HS can win. Plus tag Bongetti..

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up back with Bugden somewhere.
i heard he has had a hard year all round lost mum and then his dad during the year and Jacana struggled all year so i would say he needs a rest and spend time with his own family .

If they go to the EDFL willthey need to change names, colours etc. Oak Park wouldn’t be happy for them to wear blue & white. Plus we also have Coburg Districts who wear blue & white..

I also don’t like how Ascot Vale juniors can wear identical colours as Pacco. Doesn’t make sense to me..

Pretty sure there are plenty of mobs who manufacture double sided playing jumpers that ya just flip inside out to an alternative in the event of a match day clash or for training drills etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright here we go...
Two massive games
My tips
Tulla 10 points.. I reckon this game game could go either way.. Going to be a ripper
Craigieburn 20 points..
Heard some whispers both sides will have a couple out...
Who we tipping gents?
Good luck to all sides

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Alright here we go...
Two massive games
My tips
Tulla 10 points.. I reckon this game game could go either way.. Going to be a ripper
Craigieburn 20 points..
Heard some whispers both sides will have a couple out...
Who we tipping gents?
Good luck to all sides

Tulla best team imo win by 25 points.
Think Hillside coming good at right time of year but struggle against Craigieburn so close game Hillside by 10.

Tulla best team imo win by 25 points.
Think Hillside coming good at right time of year but struggle against Craigieburn so close game Hillside by 10.

I've gotta funny feeling Hillside might get up too. Should be a beauty. Tulla by 18.

Airport West were very, very good. I thought it was over at halftime as it just had that feel about it. AW's run was excellent and their backline was superb.
I agree with on this AuckMel, it was over by halftime. As I was keeping an eye on the live scores I left and went and watched EDS beat Greenvale.

Cracking game today great efffort by eagles to hold on clouded by bugeja doing ACL. Does anyone know likelihood of mcerlain and bongetti coming back

Cracking game today great efffort by eagles to hold on clouded by bugeja doing ACL. Does anyone know likelihood of mcerlain and bongetti coming back

Bugeja , that poor bloke up to his 2nd or 3rd reco Throw in the shoulder operations as well..

How’s the game from Ben Fynch ? Must have taken 20 marks .. Best on ground for mine

Bonghetti and mcerlain ?? Would be very nice if they could get up for a prelim

It was a great contest by 2 sides cracking in. Probably in the end the better side lost. 1st Quarter HS should have nailed a couple of goals but poor kicking cost them early. Aloi moved forward in the last quarter nearly was the match winner with 3 long bombs in the last. However CB did lead all game with HS unable to get in front at any stage with CB always answering when challenged.

Both sides losing a good player early with Jackson (HS) getting injured in the first quarter with suspected hammy and then in the 2nd Bugeja (CB) got hurt and stretched off. I doubt if he will play again as his had so many injuries. Poor bloke can’t take a trick!

It was a game where CB were using speed to expose HS and HS forwards were causing CB some concerns. HS rucks absolutely dominated but the clearances were 50/50 or 60/40 CB way.

Unfortunately I must say that the umpiring was very strange at times. 2nd Quarter when HS were coming hard the umpires paid a free and 50 for holding a player after he got rid of the ball. I have not seen this paid in any game this year yet they pick that one out. Then they didn’t pay any others.
The other free was to Limbach in the 2nd quarter for hold in the man. Seroiusly this free was disgraceful.
I noticed Church was held back and a few times and in the 3rd was clearly pushed in the back whilst going for mark and nothing. I’m not sure why the umpire watching behind didn’t act.

CB #21 very lucky his elbow didn’t connect with the HS player who was going to ground after a HS free kick in the last quarter near the interchange bench. Umpire spoke to the player and should have been a 50 metre penalty.

I agree #24 for CB was excellent down back along with #1 who I thought was BOG. #6 was good along with #4 early.
For HS I thought big #11 was their best along with #9 #8

I should also mention in the reserves game some of the language from the EK crowd in the 2nd half was disgusting especially with women and children present in the area. There was no need for it and someone from the club should be pulling them into line. It’s not a great look for EK or the league..

It was a great contest by 2 sides cracking in. Probably in the end the better side lost. 1st Quarter HS should have nailed a couple of goals but poor kicking cost them early. Aloi moved forward in the last quarter nearly was the match winner with 3 long bombs in the last. However CB did lead all game with HS unable to get in front at any stage with CB always answering when challenged.

Both sides losing a good player early with Jackson (HS) getting injured in the first quarter with suspected hammy and then in the 2nd Bugeja (CB) got hurt and stretched off. I doubt if he will play again as his had so many injuries. Poor bloke can’t take a trick!

It was a game where CB were using speed to expose HS and HS forwards were causing CB some concerns. HS rucks absolutely dominated but the clearances were 50/50 or 60/40 CB way.

Unfortunately I must say that the umpiring was very strange at times. 2nd Quarter when HS were coming hard the umpires paid a free and 50 for holding a player after he got rid of the ball. I have not seen this paid in any game this year yet they pick that one out. Then they didn’t pay any others.
The other free was to Limbach in the 2nd quarter for hold in the man. Seroiusly this free was disgraceful.
I noticed Church was held back and a few times and in the 3rd was clearly pushed in the back whilst going for mark and nothing. I’m not sure why the umpire watching behind didn’t act.

CB #21 very lucky his elbow didn’t connect with the HS player who was going to ground after a HS free kick in the last quarter near the interchange bench. Umpire spoke to the player and should have been a 50 metre penalty.

I agree #24 for CB was excellent down back along with #1 who I thought was BOG. #6 was good along with #4 early.
For HS I thought big #11 was their best along with #9 #8

I should also mention in the reserves game some of the language from the EK crowd in the 2nd half was disgusting especially with women and children present in the area. There was no need for it and someone from the club should be pulling them into line. It’s not a great look for EK or the league..

Don’t agree with hillside being the better side.. Although I think both teams missed a lot of opportunities..
Umpiring not the best definitely agree with some weird decisions...
Both sides seemed to get crucified when laying tackles.. Tackler was never rewarded and always seemed to be a push in back or holding the man ..
#1 is Gordon
#6 Brock chircop u/19
#24 B fynch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back