EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
APW by 87 over Tulla - 2 contrasting team selections, APW close to full strength and heard today Tulla will have up to 16 changes next week. Im more interested in how next week shapes up, Tulla obviously not concerned if they finish 1st or 2nd

TL by 46 over CB - as above TL will want to finish off the season well and CB more interested in next week

Jags by 1 point over OP - jags to throw everything into the last game and just get over the line. Played pretty well last week at HS

EK by 67 over Westy - A lot of good outs for Westy and EK will want to finsh strong at home

All dead rubbers this week, bring on the finals

4 out 4 , even tipped the jags -:)

Gee Tulla got pretty close to APW with 15 players out

Early tips for week 1 of finals ?

APW v Tullamarine @ Greenvale, Saturday

Hillside v Craigieburn @ Windy Hill, Sunday

Early tips for week 1 of finals ?

APW v Tullamarine @ Greenvale, Saturday

Hillside v Craigieburn @ Windy Hill, Sunday
Cant wait to see the ins for Tulla. Fair effort to get close to APW given their outs. Off the back of yesterdays game it looks hard to go past Tulla and the weather looks to be really good next weekend.
CB had alot out against Lakes but who knows who was rested and who has injuries. HS look to be on the move but the result against Jags wasnt mind blowing. Going on the previous 2 games you would have to think CB should win. Cracking finals series ahead. How come the top 2 dont get to play at Windy Hill?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guys heard a rumor on the weekend that if Sunbury kangroos and Keilor park field teams in 2nd division next season that both grand final teams will be promoted and Jacana will be still relegated ! surely this cant be the case Jacana would still beat all teams in second division and should have the opportunity to staying up if they requested to stay up !

Guys heard a rumor on the weekend that if Sunbury kangroos and Keilor park field teams in 2nd division next season that both grand final teams will be promoted and Jacana will be still relegated ! surely this cant be the case Jacana would still beat all teams in second division and should have the opportunity to staying up if they requested to stay up !
Jacana relegated and Sunbury kangaroos to play divy 1 next year

Jacana relegated and Sunbury kangaroos to play divy 1 next year

I think that’s fair. It would be interesting to know if Jacana want to stay up or drop back to div3? With Fletcher going it might read that they wish to go back down. Did struggle to field 2 sides and don’t have 19s so it’s a big Ask to be competitive in div1. But they gave it a shot and kept there heads held high..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they have only won 6 games
Why should they. I feel that if the played divy 2 it will be like the hillside team of a few years ago. They are probably middle of the road divy 1 teams so to start them in divy 2 just wrecks that competition for a season

They only won 6 games in the riddell league and 4 of them were against lancefield and rockbank that didnt win any games so i dont think they would be a power house in division 2 and division 2 is getting stronger every year .

They only won 6 games in the riddell league and 4 of them were against lancefield and rockbank that didnt win any games so i dont think they would be a power house in division 2 and division 2 is getting stronger every year .

Personally think Sunbury Kangaroos of 2018 would beat all current div2 teams. Maybe Moonee Valley (and Nth Saints) might give them a run for there money but they would beat the others.

Question is if Jacana want to go back down then the logical choice is for Sunbury Kangaroos to go into div1. This wouldn’t upset anyone as atm only the premier goes up..

Personally think Sunbury Kangaroos of 2018 would beat all current div2 teams. Maybe Moonee Valley (and Nth Saints) might give them a run for there money but they would beat the others.

Question is if Jacana want to go back down then the logical choice is for Sunbury Kangaroos to go into div1. This wouldn’t upset anyone as atm only the premier goes up..
I have heard Jacana people have already met with EDFL a number of weeks ago for there desire to stay up if any other sides enter the competition

I have heard Jacana people have already met with EDFL a number of weeks ago for there desire to stay up if any other sides enter the competition

Things can change quickly in this business. They did forfeit a reserves match the other week which wouldn’t go down well with the league either. Interesting one.. Fletcher leaving has me thinking as he did a reasonable job I thought looking in from outside.

Looks like your wrong looking at the teams, 5 pretty handy outs this week and still no sign of Mcerlain, Piggot, Scales. I agree it’s risky bringing them straight in next week. Some of those guys have played next to no footy in the second half of the season. CB and Tulla clearly eyes on next week. APW only resting a couple.

Sure was mate.. Completely went the other way.. Rested a heap and I didn’t see much of limbach smith and Gordon.. They would have played 1-2 quarters each..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely agree with you... Sunbury this year would have no hope in div 1 ...
They were a great side a few years ago but struggling now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

One thing they have got is, 3 sides and that's a lot more than you can say for some EDFL clubs. They had a very tough draw playing, Riddell, Rupo, Wallan and Macedon (all top 4 sides) twice.

Probably should start in Div 2, but I think they're better than many believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back